1500 Pt List, Need Advice Pretty Quick - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey all.
    this is my first attempt at making a daemonhunters army list so please be extra critical. im not new to 40K by all means so u dont have to explain simple terms or anything. i definate;y wanna play puritan and i want to keep stormies to a minimum or not at all because, as of now, i dont own any and i, like most others, just cant get enough of those grey knight models . now, onto my list

HQ: GRANDMASTER w/ Mastercrafted NFW, psycannon bolts, and hammer hand
    retinue of: 4 terminators w/ NFW, storm bolter, 1 psicannon

TROOPS: 9 GK's w/ NFW and storm bolter
    1 jiusticiar NFW and storm bolter

TROOPS: 1 squad, same as above

TROOPS/FA: 1 squad, same as above

HS: DREADNOUGHT w/ TL lascannon, Missile Launcher, xtra armor, and smoke

HS: DREADNOUGHT w/ TL lascannon, power fist, incinerator,xtra armor, and smoke

TOTAL: 1504

what u think? please give me the reason why u would change the things that you suggest changing. thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey, i also play prue GK and so am in the same boat

u just hav to watch out as a GK force will always hav a small number of models so we need to get the most out of wat we pay for

i would personnaly make the FA squad into two 5-6 man squads

this is because it will be easier to position them on the template and u can use them in different places

i would also give them incinerators as they rock when u land and can help out alot (i reackon they are better then psycannons on the DS)

i would change the terminator to have an incinerator if u are deep striking them (or psycannon if starting on the table) same reason as ^

i would remove the psycannon bolts unless u are against daemons or eldar and would replace with bionics or some other piece of wargear (of give an incinerator to a FA sqaud)

i don't know about the dreads (i have a TL las. and CCW with incin.) and so i don't knwo if the TL las. and Miss. combo will work to justify the points cost (at least with a ccw it can help out in combat

anyway, hope this helps and that u can optimise your list

good luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the help. i see that you are in favor of deepstriking. i just posted another topic concerning this and i would be glad if you would check it out. anyways, i put the psicannon bolts on the gm cuz i lay against my friends tau a lot and that ap 4 would help against his firewarriors. i might switch it out for incinerators. i put in larger squads so that i could minimize the amount of justiciars i had to take due to the fact that i was already short on #'s. i think i will drop the missile dread for a squall squad of stormies w/ meltas in a rhino for the xtra anti tank.

now, about adding incinerators to the fast attack squad(s). is this really worth it? does it work for you? should i add 1 or 2 to a 6 man squad. the reason that i would be worried about doing this is that giving a grey knight an incinerator would take away his nfw. this makes him almost useless when they charge into combat. he would have WS 5, yes, but only 1 attack at his normal strength. that would only leave about 4 guys in the squad, they would then proceed to get slaughtered in combat most likely by any enemy that is even decent. could u help me with this problem?

thanks for the help but it would be an even bigger help if you could aswer my post on deepstriking gray knights cuz thats wut im really having trouble with. thanks a lot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey there! i like your army list puritan baby thats the way!
    for me personally i go with seven man squads, and incenerators are wicked for teleport attack. my only advice is this : your gonna be pretty buff on the close combat end of things, if it was me id make my dreads able to take on heavy's .w lascannon and missle launcher, and your guys not deepstriking give em psycannons, even your grandmaster if you can afford it. i have found that forcing my opponent to make armor saves is always a good thing =) one thing i have noticed about deep striking is that nine of ten times i usually lose 4 out of seven guys my favorite trick is to give my justicar artificer armor and icon of the just, i use the deep strikers to harrass the enemy while my terminators move in for the kill. hammer and anvil baby! anyway i like the list and good luck friend! for the emporer!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very nice army :lol: you should half the troops choises into more squads and get a lance or melta strike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

How about posting it in the right forum.

*kicks it to army lists so hard he almost destroys it.
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Closed Thread