Infantry Based Death Guard - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been having trouble coming up with ideas for a Nurgle army. In the fluff it describes the Death Guard as heavily infantry based, and relying on their plague-ridden resiliance to enable them to resist assaults and last in firefights. I based my new Death Guard army list around this concept. However, it's by no means final so please make suggestions.

#HQ#

-Chaos Lord: 151 points
    (Basic:+ Terminator Armor: + Manreaper: + Demonic Essence: + Demonic Strength: + Mark of Nurgle: + Nurgles Rot: + Frag Grenades

#Troops#

-Nurgle Marine Squad: 143 pts
    (6 Nurgle Marines w/bolter and ccw + Asp Champ w/plasma gun, icon, and ccw)

-Nurgle Marine Squad in Rhino Transport: 211 pts
    (6 Nurgle Marines w/bolter and ccw + Asp Champ w/plasma gun, icon, and ccw + Rhino Transport w/smoke launchers, extra armor, and blasphemous rune)

-Nurgle Maine Squad in Rhino Transport: 211 pts
    (6 Nurgle Marines w/bolter and ccw + Asp Champ w/plasma gun, icon, and ccw + Rhino Transport w/smoke launchers, extra armor, and blasphemous rune)

-Plaguebearer Squad: 112 pts
    (7 plaguebearers)

(7 plaguebearers)

-Nurgling Squad: 60 pts
    (6 Nurgling bases)

*Favored Squads of CSM's with a Mark of Chaos get Asp Champs and Unit Icons for free.

My idea is to use the Rhino mounted CSM's to enter quickly and summon demons for support, while my Chaos Lord accompanied by the third squad of CSM's and Nurglings charges strait ahead. After the Rhinos serve their purpose, I would attempt to tank shock their troops, while the disembarked squads laid down a withering hail of fire to cover the advance of my Lord.

Enjoy! and any commentary is welcome. :ph34r:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More marines and less plaguebearers would do you good. They arent that good and MON is a bargain (i think) for marines on foot. Good luck with the list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought about that, but IMO it loses some of the Nugliness. Plus the rhino mounted squads have summoning icons, and it's my tactic to deploy them quickly and use the plasma guns to soften up their tough units while the tanks shock the troops, and the Plaugebearers give cover and defend in assaults.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey man just wanted to give you points for playing according to the fluff. GO MORTARIAN! Seriously though more marines, they simply rock. Also give your squads that 2nd special weapon they are allowed.
    You know what they say, if you dont like the weather in houston...go back to where you came from

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mmm... Nurgle-y goodness...

Anyways, time for me to be extra picky, since my standards for Chaos armies are very high.

1. Your Chaos Lord looks good, but technically he's a Daemon Prince. Also, I'd drop Nurgle's Rot, as it's not really that effective, and give him Daemonic Rune instead. Think of it this way: he's SO bloated and rotten that blowing off half his torso with a Lascannon doesn't even really slow him down!

2. Why are you wasting points on Nurglings? Yeah, they're cheap, but look at them wrong and they die. Plus they don't even work as meat shields.

3. I would give each of the Aspiring Champions in your Plague Marine squads either a Power Weapon, Power Fist, or (for more Nurgleyness) a Plague Sword. This will make your Marine squads much more effective in close combat, and it will make most opponents think twice about charging them, which could be just the opening you need to turn them into disease-ridden corpses!

4. You need some anti-tank. If you run up against a Leman Russ or a Land Raider, it's all over for you, as you can't even glance the armour. Take a meltagun in each of your Plague Marine squads to give you at least a little anti-tank capability.

Overall, though, I like this list a lot. It's very in line with the fluff, and it's a well-balanced list as well. Good job!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x2)

nice list, but I few changes.

1st: the plague Asp. champs: you might want to do this, but from experts I talked to that play death guard say that you should give him a powerfist. It is so he can take out the hard tanks. and drop the plasma pistol, just give him a bolt pistol, more points have

2nd: Lord is nice, but maybe give him furious charge, I found out that w/ demonic rune is great so your lord is a monster in CC. But that is my 2 cents for him though

3rd: give them more firepower, like a couple of dreads and a defiler. You need as much destructive power as possible or all your guys will be dead before they ever get in CC and do what they do best.

This is only a few suggestions, but as a 2 year DG player, I learned that this helps me alot in battle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Psychotic, Soda Addicted, Level-Headed Christian Friendly, Sexy Japanese Girl of LO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, here's the new list. Not much changed really, I dropped the nurglings and nurgles rot off my lord to free up some points for extra special weapons and power weapons on my troop squads.
    The problem I ran into is a lack of flexability. I can't really change the lord, because the whole point of giving him a manreaper and termie armor is so I could use Typhus to model him, and if I strip him down anymore, he'll cease to have any stratigical usefulness. Other then that, I'm restrictied in the number of models in each squad, because they have to be favored (7 man squads). BTW my lord is NOT a daemon prince, daemon weapons don't count toward his limitation, unless I'm mistaken.
    Anyway thats it. Keep on commenting.
    #HQ#

-Chaos Lord: 146 points
    (Basic:+ Terminator Armor: + Manreaper: + Demonic Essence: + Demonic Strength: + Mark of Nurgle: + Frag Grenades

#Troops#

-Nurgle Marine Squad: 158 pts
    (4 Nurgle Marines w/bolter and ccw+ 2 Nurgle Marines w/plasma gun and ccw + Asp Champ w/bolter, icon, and Demonic Talons)

-Nurgle Marine Squad in Rhino Transport: 236 pts
    (4 Nurgle Marines w/bolter and ccw + Nurgle Marine w/plasma gun and ccw + Nurgle marine w/meltagun and ccw + Asp Champ w/bolter, icon, and powerfist + Rhino Transport w/smoke launchers, extra armor, and blasphemous rune)

-Nurgle Maine Squad in Rhino Transport: 236 pts
    (4 Nurgle Marines w/bolter and ccw + Nurgle Marine w/plasma gun and ccw + Nurgle marine w/meltagun and ccw + Asp Champ w/bolter, icon, and powerfist + Rhino Transport w/smoke launchers, extra armor, and blasphemous rune)

(7 plaguebearers)

(7 plaguebearers)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, Daemon Weapons *do* count towards your Daemonic Gifts points allocation, so technically he is a Daemon Prince. If you're using the Typhus model to represent him, though, I don't think this will be a problem for you.

Only one problem I can see in the new list: the Aspiring Champ on the Marine squad without a Rhino has both a bolter and Daemonic Talons - if you give him Daemonic Talons, he loses his bolter. Other than that, nice list!

Closed Thread