Guard 1,350 Pt List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

doctrines: carapice, iron discipline, grenaders, storm troopers, close order drills

1 heroic senior officer w/ power fist, bolt pistol, refractor field 306 pts
    4 guard, 3 w/ plasma, 1 w/ master vox-caster
    5 storm troopers w/ 2 plasma, seargent w/ plasma, power
    chimera w/ dual heavy bolters

3 X 10 storm stroops, 2 w/plasma, seargent w/power, plasma pistol 383 pts

10 storm troopers, 2 w/ meltas, seargent w/ power, plasma 201 pts
    chimera

1 Anti-tank support squads w/ three las cannons w/ carapice 130 pts

3 X hellhounds 345 pts

im 14 points over, and i do realize that im making a guard army with no heavy support, but i think this list is pretty sound.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your right, this list is pretty sound. As long as that sound is complete madness. This army list has no balance in it at all! 9 heavy weapons, with 6 mounted on lightly armoured Hellhounds in 1350 points is not a good idea. You seem to be creating an elite force but you have no heavy guns to back it up. The people you play will bring a lot of anti-tank equipment with them expecting battle tanks and your Hellhounds will be soft targets in comparison, leaving only your lascannons to do the work.

"and I do realize that i am making a guard army with no heavy support". Yes, but do you realise what happens to Imperial Guard armies without Heavy Support? I realise that you can trick your opponent with a strange army, but this list contains no units will compensate for the lack of guns (slightly weaker tanks, slightly better infantry). Massed infantry which eliminates the effectiveness of his guns is the correct concept as his/her anti-tank guns will be wasted. This army list still allows your opponent to use his/her anti-tank guns against high priority targets. His/Her Troops will still dominate your Grenadiers and Storm Troopers which has no apparent upside for you.

Anyway:

1) Your Command HQ must be equipped with Carapace armour if you use the Doctrine.

2) You really should give your Storm Troopers vox-casters if you use a master vox-caster and Heroic Senior Officer.

3) For the love of God give your Heroic Senior Officer Iron Discipline if you pick it as a Doctrine&#33; <:>

4) Close Order Drill is useless to you as Storm Troopers cannot use it (pg.56, IG Codex). I would suggest taking Sharpshooters and giving it to your Anti-tank Support Squad to increase their effectiveness.

5) "1 heroic senior officer w/ power fist, bolt pistol, refractor field 306 points
    4 guard, 3 w/ plasma, 1 w/ master vox-caster 5 storm troopers w/ 2 plasma, sergeant w/ plasma, power chimera w/ dual heavy bolters"

They are not the same squad. They need separate points values.

Anyway, good luck with this list if you do not change anything. It would be very fun to play but I am a very competitive person and I cannot help but try optimise army-lists&#33; So I apologise if I seemed blunt during this post, but I am only trying to help you win :lol:
    IG since &#39;95.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thank you for your critisism. But I do feel that I defend my list in some respects. For one, the heroic offier and his four guard count as an indepenednt character, so they can join the storm troopers army and all be mounted in the chimera. Secondly, my all elites army will be able to handle enemy tanks with the six las cannan shots a turn, no to mention the meltas in the storm trooper squads moving up. The goal of this army was to put emense pressure on the enemy right off, i think i can do this by infiltrating 30 storm troops, who will be fiiring with 15 plasma shots the first turn. The hellhounds will take care of swarms, so my troppers can focus on specialized units. Lastly, my HQ suad does have carapice, sorry i forgot to type that in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your army list isn&#39;t as bad as reaverd says but I think you will find it will need some major tweeking once you play with it. You might want to down grade your HQ as it looks like it&#39;s your week spot. You need to pay for your storm troopers infiltration it isn&#39;t free. You won&#39;t get 15 plasma shots the first trun I don&#39;t know who you figured that. If you do (assuming there all BS4 and your comand squad isn&#39;t) that&#39;s ten shots hitting and 3 missing and 2 blowing up in your face. Leading to one casualty of your owen fire. You&#39;ll only get 3 lascannon shot per turn unless I missed something, but you do have enough anti tank fire power. What I&#39;d suggest is that you drop the plasma pistols&#33; Every last one of them&#33; Buy the doctrines that you used your doctrines points on&#33; The hellhounds are to sweet thought&#33; I can see thouse inferno cannons now.......... In all I say that your list isn&#39;t bad it&#39;s more like a rough draft. Now take it and dissassemble it and examen every thing. Think about what you must have and what you think is over kill. Then put it back togeather and repost it.
    "you don't under stand, my empathy for you could fit in a match box, with the matches in it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you very much i am working on a new list now, which will incorporate some more heavy weapons and a much less jackded up command squad. I got 15 plasms shots from the 3 ST squads, two per squad, rapid firing (hopefully) makes 12 for the three squads, plus the three plasma pistols making 15. I made a mistake, only 3 las cannon shots, sorry about that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, you have an interesting thought about the HQ. My own understanding of Officers was that they are already leading the Command Squad, but once the staff die then they become an independent character again and may join other squads if they want. The &#39;character&#39; (p.38, Imperial Guard Codex) rule states that the Officer may not leave his Command Squad and must remain within 2 inches of them. According to your interpretation this means that a character leading one squad can then join and lead another squad simultaneously. I do not believe you are able to do that (I am not 100% sure though). Also, if you read the fine print very closely (p.38, Imperial Guard Codex, line 15):
    "The Officer is an independent character (does not mention his staff)" and not what you stated, "For one, the heroic officer and his four guard count as an independent character". My point being is that I do not believe the Command Squad can lead another squad as only the Officer is an independent character and he is already leading a squad, and that an Officer cannot lead more than one squad at a time (not 100% sure on that one).

Secondly, its good that you feel the need to defend your list because that it how you get down to the nitty-gritty and really account for what you need. I am only offering my thoughts on your army and you have no obligation at all to use any of it. I feel however that my post was pretty fair, even the madness comment. I still believe points 2-4 need some attention at the very least. Give some thought to my comments in my second paragraph.

To be honest, I just realised that those models may constitute the only models that you have available. If that is the case, make sure every move you make is very well thought out because mistakes in turns 1 and 2 with unbalanced armies can lead to large problems in turns 3 to 6.
    IG since &#39;95.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your army list isn&#39;t as bad as reaverd says but I think you will find it will need some major tweeking once you play with it. You might want to down grade your HQ as it looks like it&#39;s your week spot. You need to pay for your storm troopers infiltration it isn&#39;t free. You won&#39;t get 15 plasma shots the first trun I don&#39;t know who you figured that. If you do (assuming there all BS4 and your comand squad isn&#39;t) that&#39;s ten shots hitting and 3 missing and 2 blowing up in your face. Leading to one casualty of your owen fire. You&#39;ll only get 3 lascannon shot per turn unless I missed something, but you do have enough anti tank fire power. What I&#39;d suggest is that you drop the plasma pistols&#33; Every last one of them&#33; Buy the doctrines that you used your doctrines points on&#33; The hellhounds are to sweet thought&#33; I can see thouse inferno cannons now.......... In all I say that your list isn&#39;t bad it&#39;s more like a rough draft. Now take it and dissassemble it and examen every thing. Think about what you must have and what you think is over kill. Then put it back togeather and repost it.

Closed Thread