1000pt. Kroot - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1000pt. Kroot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[u]Ok Here is the Army list for 1000pts. of Kroot

HQ
    Master Shaper

1 Kroot Master Shaper (3 2 Kroot Hounds Master Shaper Equipment: Splinter Rifle , Close Combat Weapon . Master Shaper Wargear: Auspex Frag Grenades . The M Shaper and the Hounds Have the hyper active nymune organ . And the Nocturnal/Chameleon Adaptation (Depending on Game)

Troops
    Kroot Carnivore Kindred #1

15 Carnivors, 1 Shaper. The Shaper or the Kindred has a Hunting Rifle at no extra cost. Chameleon/Nocturnal Adaptation over-all

Kroot Carnivore Kindred #2

Same numbers as #1 only the Shaper is Armed with a Bolter at. Chameleon/Nocturnal Adaptation

Heavy Support
    Hunter Kindred

7 Hunters, 1 Shaper (I've converted these guys nicely) Shaper Wargear: Frag
    Grenades . Chameleon/Nocturnal Adaptation

Great Knarloc Stats Page 3Pictures

1 Great Knarloc, 7 Goads, 1 Shaper. Shaper Equipment: Storm Bolter , Close Combat Weapon . Shaper Wargear: Frag Grenades , Auspex . Chameleon/Nocturnal Adaptation .

Vulture Kindred

11 Vulture Kroot, 1 Shaper. Shaper Equipment : Shuriken Catapult , Close Combat Weapon . Shaper Wargear: Krak Grenades , Frag Grenades . Chameleon/Nocturnal Adaptation .

Punji Traps

5 Punji Traps

Ok so that's it. Tell me if you like it.

[Please read and follow the rules Pts values have been removed] Toastee

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

Well, you could start with removing all the points cost for the gear, or just wait untill a mod do it.....

Otherwise I think it looks ok, maybe less punji pits and more kroots. Also, you could use 3 units of 10 kroots instead of 2 units of 15, because smaller units are much easier to manouver and hide behind terrain.
    "As I walk through the valley of LO I fear no spammer, because I got the power to ban"

Of Trui and Gay

A Chaos Space Marines Diary

Svenska Rackham Sidan

troopseses!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

holy krootox someone actually using the kroot. well I would take out the traps and add more kroot. Lemme know how you like playing the kroot, i have been thinking about playing them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah both of you have commented on the Punji Pits, They will be removed when I get on to the 1500pt and 2000pt army but for now they are gonna be the sorta thing on the side. There are 2 squads of 16 not 15. The Shaper is 1 to you no.

What do you man by take out the Gear points, I orignally put the gran in to fill in the gaps.

So far the Kroot have been a very good team. . . to LOOK at I havent played any games well 1 but i dont think the other ppl knew that the M Shaper has I4 and I didn't have the Chapter Approved at the time so yeh it got killed. and the Carnivore got munted by some space marine Termanaiters and I actually Manages to Save 1 hit. man that was lukey a 6+ armour save aint the best u no.

What do u think on the Great Knarloc will that up my chances of winning at all?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i always wanted to see an all kroot army list. i dont see a lot of tank busting stuff in there. i wish i had a gnarloc......
    Warhammer is expensive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember posting my opinion on this a wile ago......but anyway......YOU WILL ALMOST ALWAYS LOOSE IF YOU USE A PURE KROOT ARMY IN A REGULAR SENARIO..............PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF PERCH, ONLY PLAY USING THE JUNGLE FIGHT RULES.

This may seem drastic but it is incredibly hard to win a regular battle using pure kroot..........i have only seen one such victory and it was a total fluce. Its one of the reasons that even though you can enter a kroot force in a tournament, no body does because you will almost always loose.

* In a regular senario the kroot are always on the back foot because all their units are weak in the open and usually can get close enough.

*By playing Jungle fight missions your kroot become a devastating force and work very well in their element
    A Rhino? SLOTH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My friend plays Kroot... quite nasty if done right. Here's what he does:

1. Every Shaper has a kroot rifle and power weapon. Without a Power Weapon, anything in Power Armor will destroy you.
    2. One shaper has an eviscerator, and another a meltagun. Anti-tank.
    3. Use a shaper council with as many shapers/hounds as possible. Very tough.
    4. Use more hunters. They get the job done.
    5. Use the Ork evolutionary thing. It is the best upgrade possible, it will keep your Kroot alive long enough to get to assault.

The Kroot army is very fun. Watch out for ordnance and assault everything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I Tau Man I say go the Kroot

Can kroot get power wepeons in Tau? or do they use other teams equipment being a merc squad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh Yeah and

Go the Knarloc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I am aware the Tau cant use the Kroot Mercenerys they can only use the units in the Codex and the G Knarloc if you have a Carnivore Kinderd. But with a Complete Kroot Mercenery Army they can use Power Weapons, CCW's and an Evicarator (Counts as a Power Fist woth 2D6 armour pen)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast