1500 Pts Of Guard - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is my first attempt at making a guard list so i am pretty sure that it is full of major errors, but thats why im posting it well, here goes

DOCTRINES: sharpshooters, close order drill, iron discipline(dont know what to do with the other 2)

HQ: COMMAND PLATOON

1 command squad- senior officer w/ bolt pistol + power sword, iron discipline
    1 veteran guardsmen standard bearer
    3 guardsmen

ELITES: hardened veterans x8 + veteran sergeant
    lascannon team
    3 plasma guns
    chimera w/ multi-laser and hull heavy bolter, smoke launchers, and extra armor

TROOPS: INFANTRY PLATOON

command squad- junior officer w/ bolt pistol + power sword, iron discipline
    4 additional guardsmen

4 infantry squads- veteran sergeant + 9 guardsmen, sharpshooters (2 squads have heavy bolters and the other 2 have auto cannons)

TROOPS:INFANTRY PLATOON

command squad- junior officer w/ bolt pistol + power sword, iron discipline
    4 additional guardsmen

4 infantry squads-veteran sergeant + 9 guardsmen, sharpshooters (all 4 squads have lascannons)

FAST ATTACK: hellhound

HEAVY SUPPORT: leman russ w/ hull mounted lascannon and heavy bolter sponsons + smoke launchers

HEAVY SUPPORT: leman russ demolisher w/ hull mounted lascannon and plasma cannon sponsons + smoke launchers

TOTAL: 1505

i know that this list isnt very good. i didnt know what to do for mobility so i added a hardened veterans squad with a chimera because i didnt know what else to do with the points. i will probably end up takoing them out because the total ended up being somewhere around 220 points. do you think that some sentinels would be a better option? i need suggestions there.

also, what other two doctrines do you think would work well in this army?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey again flinger. I will get right into it :w

1) If your Hardened Veterans are mounted in a Chimera then they cannot infiltrate. Take the Chimera and a squad out from a Platoon and make it an Armoured Fist Squad. Also, give the Veterans Sharpshooters so they can re-roll the lascannon and basic guns (you must pick a gun for them as lasgun is not default).

2) I mentioned this before in your other IG post, but I will say it again. An Heroic Senior Officer has a better LD than a Senior Officer and your Veteran Sergeants by one point. I would seriously recommend giving your entire army vox-casters and a master vox-caster in your Command HQ Squad. This will allow you to use LD 9 in all your squads. The extra attack that the Veteran Sergeant has is not worth his cost once you consider LD 9 everywhere. I understand that Close Order Drill will increase your LD but if you are hit by blast marker weapons you will not have any troops left to take tests.

3) Sentinels are a good option because their 'scouts' rule which allows them to deploy first. Exploiting this ability can hand you a rather large advantage by forcing armies back in the Cleanse mission and any other missions where you may not deploy within 'X' inches of an enemy.

4) Hellhounds are sexy. But they are optimised against troops with less than a 3+ save. Considering this do not use it against Space Marines and the like as another battle tank would be a better option due to its AP value.
    IG since '95.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i didnt think that vets could have sharpshooter cuz they were bs 4?

do you think that i should keep them in there? i will give a chimera to an infantry squad and make it an armored fist squad. what is my goal with this squad though? shoulkd i keep it in the chimera, taking pot shots outside the access point and using the lasguns from inside until it gets blown up? or should i do that for about a turn or two and then deploy them in some heavy cover and let the chimera go out on its own?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"i didnt think that vets could have sharpshooter cuz they were bs 4?"

Your right, my mistake. I never use them and forget details like that. Thanks for the correction

The goal for your Armoured Fist Squad varies depending on the scenario/mission. Personally, in a typical mission like Cleanse I use the Chimera to drop the Armoured Fist Squad in another quarter of the table and charge the Chimera up to contest another table quarter. This allows the remainder of my army to stand and shoot while 200ish points can work on the objectives.
    IG since '95.

Closed Thread