13th Company - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 13th Company

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello guys is been long time since ive posted( ive forgotten my pass and username) and i would like some ...how you say constructive critizism. Pease help out i got like 2 weeks to pull together all my units. IF this list works out all i need is one more pack of wulfen and im set.

HQ:220
    1- Rune Priest
    Lightning Claws
    Terminator Armor

2- Wolf Priest

Troops:426
    8 Grey Slayers
    *2 Melta Guns*
    Wolf Guard & Power Fist

8 Grey Slayers
    *2 Melta Guns*
    Wolf Guard & Power Fist

Elites:703
    10 Wulfen
    10 Wulfen

8 Storm Claws
    *2 Power fists
    Wolf Guard & Power Fist

Heavy Suppor:150
    1 Pack Leader 3 Long fangs
    *3 Missle Luanchers*

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you really want to over whelm your enemy with wolfen (which is what it looks like you're trying to do) why not take them as a troop choice?

if you get a wolf lord and give him the mark of the wolfen you can take them as a troop choice instead of grey slayers.

then you could also put more points into your long fang pack. maybe get a second pack. also, spice up the weapons a bit, long fangs are really good if you have a nice variety of weapons becasue of their split firing.

Its a pretty good start for an army but if you stick with grey slayers as troops i wouldn't get another pack of wolfen, you'll need more heavy support casue you really have almost none, even with the melta guns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i thought the 13th company must be lead by a wolf lord

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no they can choose. he chose a rune priest im guessing so he can use the gate rule which is a bad idea, my friend plays 13th company and in my experience in playing him i've seen sooo many failed gate's (yes he gates, then he's just a sitting duck! shoot the crap at of himand woops! he just lost his best combat squad and a rune priest) but he's a bit of a dumb a$$

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually i've seen the rune preist used very effectively with a long fang pack against tanks. but i agree it's not the best thing to gate troops sometimes....sometimes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i thought if you deep strike you can still shoot and charge just can't move. Ive never used deepstrike so any details can really help. Before this i was tyranids so i never deepstriked. Also if the rule of being a sitting duck is true ill problebly just transform him into a wold lord and give him the same equipment. Any more help would be welcomed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the thirteenth company list in the eye of terror codex says 1 wolf lord not 0-1 so you have to have 1
    <span style='color:red'>-=Read the sigrules=-</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It does say wolf lord 1 in the EOT codex, but on another thread someone had posted that this had been corrected in WD (don&#39;t know which one or what page). Anyway I asked my friendly local 13th Company player, who works at the local GW, and he also said that you did not have to take a wolf lord. After all you don&#39;t have to with a standard Space Wolves army, so why should 13th Company be different? Not proof I know, and if anyone knows in which WD this was corrected it would be useful.

As for the Gate - my interpretation of the rules was that you can shoot but not move or charge (so it is best to gate into cover a reasonable distance from the nearest enemy squad).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think you do have to take wolf lord. it goes along with the fluff and what the eye of terror book says (1 wolf lord) about the 13th, but show me why i&#39;m wrong and i&#39;ll agree.

and i thought that you can charge and shoot after using gate, does anyone know for sure?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK guys i cahnge a little bit. If anyone can find defenet profe that i dont ahve to take the wolf lord plz point it out. I hate having to have such a boring character in my army. Hey man every single troops in the army looks cool and has awsome stats but man only the wolf lord has nothing special back up his stats. Now the rune priest and his gate can be pretty effective. I wonder if i pair them with the long fangs and deepstrike them behind enemy lines and go BAM BAM BAM.

HQ:215

1- Wolf Lord
    Lightning Claws
    Terminator Armor

2- Wolf Priest

Troops:554
    8 Grey Slayers
    Wolf Guard & Power Weapon
    8 Grey Slayers
    Wolf Guard & Power Weapon
    8 Grey Slayers
    Wolf Guard