Stealth Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stealth Army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi, im new to librarium-online so i guess ill start off by posting a crazy idea
    i was thinking what if there was an army that could just apear out of no where, masses of tyranids just swarming all over, heres what i thought of:

HQ - Hive Tyrant
    Wings
    Scything Talons
    Rending Claws
    Extended Carapace
    Adrenal Glads (WS & I)
    Implant Attack
    Bio Plasma Attack
    -175pts
    2 Trant Gaurds
    -90pts

Elites
    3 Lictors

-240pts

Troops
    3 Ripper Swarms

-30pts

Fast Attack
    20 Gargoyles

-200pts
    20 Gargoyles
    -200pts
    6 Ravengers
    Scything Talons
    Rending Claws
    -270pts
    Red Terror
    -104pts

Heavy Support
    Carnifex

Venom Cannon
    Extended Carapace
    Scything Talons
    Enhanced Sense
    Toxin Sacs
    -139pts
    Biovores
    Frag - 50pts
    or
    Poison - 52pts
    Total= 1498 (w/ Frag Spore Mines)
    1500 (w/ Poison Spore Mines)

see what u do with it is every unit with wings (exception of RT) will deep strike (Tyrant, gargoyals, red terror), while turn one u gaurd your carnifex with the gaurds, sercretly deploy your lictors before the game, keep your biovore alive and u can use the deep strikers like assassians

tell me what u guys think, suggestions, anything

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HEY WACK ASS!

drop the guards. they can't deepstrike. Gargolyes are a waste points. Try 30 flying rippers. DUH! take 2 tyrants with wings. no guns. drop carnifex.
    raveners are wack. you can chop this list down a bit too.

use 16 scythe gaunts as troops, they faster.

this army will lose. it aint got enough backbone. but i'd like to see it played.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Despite qwerter4's rather offensive and idiotic post, he has one good point. If you want your Tyrant to Deep Strike, drop the Tyrant Guard. Also, drop the Tyrant's Rending Claws in favor of Scything Talons.

Gargoyles are good, but can be cumbersome in large broods.

Your troop selection is a little low. And without a lot on the board to start, your Carnifex will recieve way too much attention. I've had them last pretty long under fire (especially with the Extended Carapace), but there are too many AP2 weapons that will be taking him apart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow a bit harsh on the guy aren't you? Give him a break, he said he was new. Sheesh.

Ok first off - with regards to HQ choices - its wings on the tyrant and no guards, or guards and no wings. The reason being that the guards wont be able to keep up with your Tyrant if hes flying around the board - and if he doesnt leave them youve wasted the point cost of wings. So thats #1.

I like the ravners but the problem is that your army has not enough stuff to shoot at. Your HQ is going to be completely shot up turn 1 since I am assuming you want to be deepstriking a lot. Remember if you don't have them on the board to begin with you do not present enough targets for your opponant.

Raveners are fast but they need to be supplimented with a swarm. You can't just charge your enemy with Ravners - they will get mowed like wheat. 2 wounds is nice, but with a 5+ armor save and 4 toughness they will be vaporized by heavy weapons and even marines with bolters will just mow through them. At 45 points a model, you need to be sure they can get into close combat before they eat it. The only way you can do this is to suppliment them with either a brood or 2 of guants/stealers/rippers. Your opponant must be given 2 or 3 choice targets a round and have to choose between them. The second you allow your opponant only one choice you will find that he will make it and you will lose that unit.

So the short answer is, I don't think this army will be very effective. Vs Marines/Chaos it will be 3+ armor saved out of existance and IG will mow through you with tanks. The only army youd do ok against would maybe me DE if you could Deepstrike in such a way as to nullify their speed, but you would still be out meleed by the wych cult, especially those gargoyles who are not known for their badassness in cc.

My reccomendation - if you want to keep it fast and mobile, use 3 Ravager squads of 2 units each (to prevent them mass dying) forget the gargoyles, use red terror and get 2 carnis , lose the wings on your tyrant and then add some guards to everything - replace your rippers with stealers and infiltrate them - then you are on to a good start! =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x5)

Qwerter's attitude has been noted.

Read the rules.

Take note of Rule #3, Qwerter.
    "It fits like clothes made out of wasps!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty much what the other guys have said: more cannon fodder, gaunts to draw fire. Maybe a Zoanthrope would be pretty good as well - not as a weapon, but to start on the board and draw enemy fire. With 2 wounds each and a 2+ Sv, a couple of Zoanthropes would really help this army along. And some gaunts of course. Gaunts are the staple food of enemy guns, and we wouldn't want to starve anyone.

I actually quite like this idea, but not as a full strategy. Perhaps it would be better if you were able to create a more standard army list, and then drop Guards, Genestealers, Raveners and Heavy Support choices where possible, replacing them with your souped up Winged Tyrants, Winged Warriors, Lictors, Gargoyles and Red Terror. Keep all these in reserve until the enemy has been engaged in assaults, then deepstrike into the midst of the chaos.

Then have a murder-party.

-=Count Jasper=-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thx guys ill think about it , i see your point with the no backbone to this army, i just thought it would be cool to see your oppents face when u drop 40 gargoyls right on his HQ or something

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That depends - if you drop 40 gargoyles on his HQ unit and it happens to be lets say, Abbadon.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they'd have a better chance against Abbadon then one of the C'tans.

Of course, I don't know Abbadon's stats, but their Bio-Acid has got to do SOME damage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find dropping a Carnifex or hive tyrant close to say a large brood of stealers is an excellent way of making your opponent make decisions, does his big nasty HQ unit kill the Big monster or the nasty stealers....more often than not they go for the Big uns first and some if not most of the stealers survive and make breakfast out of most nasty HQ's (including nightbringer)
    my tip for any units you have in mind to take out HQ choices, give them implant attack, stealers can kill wraithlords, avatars greater deamons with ease

gargoyles are a nice unit but i prefare to use them in average size (16 model broods) to harry opposition heavyweapon teams, they dont have the punch for main assualts, Hormogaunts on the other hand (claw) do
    Army of the heavens, my army waits in hell
    To battle on the earth, for all the souls who fell

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast