1000pts -dark Angels- - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Hello everyone! First off, I am NOT a noob to Warhammer 40K but i like to know what people think.. Here is how my army lines up... please fell free to comment

HQ
    Grand Master
    + Master Crafted Storm botler
    + Power Sword

Command Squad (5 units)
    Sgt (Vet) - Storm bolter
    Marine 1 - Rocket Launcher
    Marine 2 - Rocket Launcher
    Marine 3 - Bolter
    Marine 4 - Bolter

Elites
    1 Squad - Deathwing terminators (5 units)
    Sgt - Storm bolter, Power Sword
    Term1 - Heavy Flamer
    Term2 - Storm Bolter, Chain Fist
    Term3 - Storm Bolter, Power fist
    Term4 - Storm Bolter, Power fist

Troops
    2 Tatctical Squads
    Tactical 1 (10 units)

Sgt (Vet) - Close combat weapon, Plasma pistol
    Special - Plasma Gun
    Heavy - Plasma Cannon <--(with Version 2 of Dark angels codex you can&#33

Tactical 2 (10 units)
    Sgt (Vet)- Power Sword, Bolt pistol
    Special - Melta gun
    Heavy - Rocket Launcher

Scout Squad 1 (5 units)
    Sgt - Close combat weapon, Bolt pistol
    Scout1 - Sniper Rifle
    Scout2 - Sniper Rifle
    Scout3 - Sniper Rifle
    Scout4 - Sniper Rifle

I Know you dont see any tanks or heavy support... but I found with 3 rocket launchers (with choise of krak or frag) and the Plasma cannon I had plenty of heavy fire power
    Anyhow, I have played this army VS Dark Eldar... (Wich I obliterated, u gota love Snipers ) and I played VS Iron warriors wich I barely won against (damn Basilisk ) anyhow tell me what you think and what changes you would bring

-HyperX

I had this long signature made up, but I didnt like it...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i&#39;ll just say what i think about each unit in turn it makes it easrier

HQ
    Grand Master
    + Master Crafted Storm botler
    + Power Sword

Master craft the power weapon in stead. The storm bolter hits on a 2+ so he won&#39;t miss much.

Command Squad (5 units)
    Sgt (Vet) - Storm bolter
    Marine 1 - Rocket Launcher
    Marine 2 - Rocket Launcher
    Marine 3 - Bolter
    Marine 4 - Bolter

no special guys? There free if nothing else and they look cool. They can easily replace the guys with bolters.

Elites
    1 Squad - Deathwing terminators (5 units)
    Sgt - Storm bolter, Power Sword
    Term1 - Heavy Flamer
    Term2 - Storm Bolter, Chain Fist
    Term3 - Storm Bolter, Power fist
    Term4 - Storm Bolter, Power fist

I sugest an assualt cannon in stead of the heavy flamer just because of the rangebetter range it provides.

Troops
    2 Tatctical Squads
    Tactical 1 (10 units)
    Sgt (Vet) - Close combat weapon, Plasma pistol
    Special - Plasma Gun
    Heavy - Plasma Cannon <--(with Version 2 of Dark angels codex you can&#33

Good squad&#33; Plasma cannons rule. But it&#39;s point less to have that plasma pistol you&#39;ve all readly got 2 plasma weapons in the squad and it&#39;s range is only 12 inches. Is the sgt. stubborn? If not I suggest it strongly.

Tactical 2 (10 units)
    Sgt (Vet)- Power Sword, Bolt pistol
    Special - Melta gun
    Heavy - Rocket Launcher

Is this in an in visable rhino? or dose it walk? I see the rocket launcher as a weapon on opertunity not a base for the unit. the way the rest of the squad is kittedout i&#39;m assuimg that it&#39;s doing a lot of walking. Once again make the sgt. stubborn

Scout Squad 1 (5 units)
    Sgt - Close combat weapon, Bolt pistol
    Scout1 - Sniper Rifle
    Scout2 - Sniper Rifle
    Scout3 - Sniper Rifle
    Scout4 - Sniper Rifle

Yum sniper rifles&#33; The only thing i could say is if you have points to give them a few more scouts with bolters as a meat sheild.

Not at all a bad list but a Preditor might help you. Sorry if it sounds like i think the whole list is wrong. I don&#39;t. You&#39;ve got a good fire base and all you need now is a way of moving around.
    "you don't under stand, my empathy for you could fit in a match box, with the matches in it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

ok here is what ill change:

HQ
    Grand master
    Il Master craft the power weapon in stead (hehe makes sense)

Command squad
    The special quy thing... im assuming your taklking about teckmarines and apothacaries etc.... i though of that but dont you have to buy all their equipment?
    (plz if anyone can confirm this?)

Elites
    Switching the Flamer for assult cannon... its more points so i cant afford it unless i cut back somewhere else... (but i agree that the assult cannon is way better, although i tend to deep strike alot so its not to bad)

Troops
    Tactical 1
    I agree and I am lossing the plasma pistol so tht free&#39;s up 15 pts wich ill use to make my 2 Veteran sargents be stuborn... (thx I hadnt noticed that I hadent given it to them) so 15 - 10 = 5pts wich ill use somewhere else

Tactical 2
    As they are tactical squads and not assult saquads made for close combat i think ill take off the power sword and replace it with a normal close combat weapon (wich wont cost me a thing cause the come with the Sgt) so that frees up another 15 pts (so 15 + 5 =20 pts)

Scout Squad 1
    here is where ill use the 20 pts I freed up... ill star by making my Scout Sgt a veteran (13pts) then ill make him stubborn (5pts) (so the entire squad has it, thx again) for the other 2 pts ill give him an auspex (2 pts) (being infiltrators they could be better placed to take a shot @ anything that infiltrates on the enemy&#39;s side

as for the preditor... i was thinking of mabe integrating a vindicator in there (sorry but i just love the demolisher cannon... i find its just nasty )

-HyperX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think vs a fast army you would get walked on a friend just played me 1000 pts game he used a very simaler army and 2nd turn i was on him. and that was pretty much the game right there. i would think of putting in a hand to hand tac squad for front line defense. and i have seen teh grand master to not be worth his points i owuld go with a little joke commander or a librarian in termie armor with a force weapon.

but i dotn play SM or even have there codex so what do i know.

XG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As this seems fairly shooty, why bother with a power sword on your grand master.
    If the terminators are deepstriking they could do with a bit of support in combat.
    I would only use a tank in 1500pts + or you would have to take a lot of troops out which i would not do in 1000 although its up to you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

I gave a power sword to my grand master cause he has 4 base attacks so naturaly, even thouhg it is a shooty army, i like ti take advantage of that... 4 attacks, with power sword + 5 Initiative... chances are i would strike first or @ the very least @ the same time...

I agree with the tank thing i wasnt planning on putting one in... i was just saying that I like vindicators... actualy i really like vindicators

I just played a game VS my Iron warrior friend.... i decimated his forces.. now that all my guys are Stubborn or fearless it really helps alot...

umm no one anwsered the question i had asked so here it is again:

Command squad
    The special quy thing... im assuming your taklking about teckmarines and apothacaries etc.... i though of that but dont you have to buy all their equipment?
    (plz if anyone can confirm this?)
    Thanks again

-HyperX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the way commandsquad characters work (I don&#39;t use a command squad that often) is that the guys themselves are free but they do need some minor upgrading.
    "you don't under stand, my empathy for you could fit in a match box, with the matches in it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x6)

here is sithjack to save you points, your command squad can&#39;t have 2 heavy weapons because it uses the tactical squad entry, and y special i believe he meant plasmagun meltagun or flamer the upgrades for techmarine standard and apoth are free but you have to buy them their special equipment
    Veni Vidi Variant
    I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.

The spikey ones go faster.

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.

Saga of the Ages. Click it.

Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you thought of including some land speeders? It looks like you are trying to run shooting army, which there is nothing wrong with that. The speeders would give you something to move quickly into position where needed against armies with superior numbers such as eldar, guard or bugs.

Closed Thread