1000 Puritan Daemonhunters List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 pt Puritan Daemonhunters list vs Tau
    Sadly, despite my intense love for the models and fluff, I have come to the conclusion that an all GK list simply is not practical against the Tau, who are my main opponents. I will also be facing Necrons, Black Templars, Tyranids and vanilla Marines every so often. This is my list for now, but if someone can give me an idea as to how use an all GK force against some of the above armies effectively, I would immediately switch to that, since I haven't bought the models yet. For the time being, here's my list:

HQ
    Inquisitor Lord 147
    -Power Weapon
    -Bolt Pistol
    -Refractor Field
    -Purity Seals
    -2 Acolytes
    -2 Combat Servitors
    Rhino 58
    -Smoke
    -Extra Armour

Elites
    Callidus Assassin 120

Troops
    Stormtroopers x10 120
    -2 meltaguns
    Rhino 58
    -Smoke
    -Extra Armour

Stormtroopers x10 120
    -Plasma Gun x2

Stormtroopers x10 120
    -Plasma Gun x2

Fast Attack
    Grey Knights x5 175
    -Psycannon

Melta Strike 80

Total - 998

I may switch the =][= to have a psycannon, 3 gun servitors, and 2 familiars, and ditch the melta strike and one plasma stormtrooper squad to beef out the GK squad. Also, here is an all GK list. Can this be as effective?

GK GM w/ Hammerhand 155
    3 GK Terminator Retinue 138
    GK Dreadnought w/ TL lascannon & missile launcher 140

Rest of points in GK squads

How should I organize the GK's? I think two squads with psycannons on foot and a deep striking squad with an incinerator should do nicely. The DS squad comes in with the HQ retinue, and causes mayhem on their front lines, the HQ hopefully getting rid of the tank with hammerhand and the GKs dropping the Broadside in CC with an Incinerator. The rest of the army advances as fast as it can, shooting and hugging cover. The Dread would hopefully help with the tank. How do you think it will perform? Thank you!

OMFG1337!!!!111one

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HELLOOO??? I could really use some help...thanks!
    OMFG1337!!!!111one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, psicannons are good, but only if you are not looking for cc and more looking to stand and shoot. as im sure that you know, not to smart against the tau. i think deepstriking squads with incinerators is good because the incinerators AP is perfect against firewarriors. deepstriking termies is a great tactic because they can still shoot the havies in the squad the turn that they arive, and will attract a lot of fire will suffering minimal casualties. this will also allow your GK's to move up the field. also, lace strike is more effective than melta strike,IMO.

now, as to your statement that gray knights are not acceptable against the tau, this isnt entirely true. shrouding is marvelous. i especially feel that gray knights would be perfect for the group that you play in because they are 3 shooty armies, and 2 very cc orieted armies, and GK's can be successful against either type of army. but still, GK's are one of the most challenging armies to play, but if used correctly with good tactics, are very tough to beat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see...I heard that GK's, when properly maneuvered can perform outrageous flanking moves that flush out crisis suits. Anyone have any ideas about this? How well will the pure GK list I posted do? Thanks!
    OMFG1337!!!!111one

Closed Thread