Space Wolf Drop Pod Assault Force - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This list was made with the intention of using deepstrike to my advantage against long range armys such as the imperial guard, tau, and space marines. It also can be used to deal with mobile troops such as eldar (not ulthwe) and dark eldar. The reason why i dont take rhinos is simply for the fact that they can be killed easily and the troops have a long walk to the fight. With drop pods ill sustain a round of firing (ill more than likely kill off some enemy troops when i land with my firing) and then charge, bringing mass ammounts of close combat power to bear against almost any enemy.

Space Wolf Drop Pod Force

Troops ( all Blood Claw packs will be accompatined by hero)

Blood Claws (15) 3 armed with power fists- 246

Grey Hunters (10) 1 armed with power fist, 1 armed with power weapon 1 armed with plasma gun- 216

Elites-

Dreadnought w/ lascannon, extra armor- 130

Dreadnought w/ lascannon and missile launcher, extra armor- 140

Dreadnought w/ assault cannon, extra armor- 110

HQ-

Venerable Dreadnought w/ plasma cannon, extra armor- 170

Wolf Priest with Healing balms and herbs, runic charm, frag grenades, frost blade- 146

Wolf Lord with Frost Blade, bolt pistol, runic charm, wolf pelt, , frag grenades - 105

Emperor's Champion - 105

You know what they say, if you dont like the weather in houston...go back to where you came from

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

I think that in a 1850 point space wolf army you can only have 3 hqs for a start,

I think your choice of armourments for your dreads smacks of indecision and a desire to be able to deal with whatever your opponent throws at you which generally leads to handing him the initiative and fighting a defensive battle - not entirely the point with a drop pod army

I think your dreads would benefit hugely from extra armour

I think your wolf priest may be a smidge more sucessful if you buy him some weapons

I think the MC and the runic armour on your wolf lord are a waste of points

And I think that Emperors champion is really unfluffy the space puppies unless you go to town converting the model from a tuetonic look to a feral look (I would sugest converting a wolfen figure
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The emperor's champion does not count as an HQ choice and therefore cannot lead a retinue look at this month's white dwarf. The dreads exist for two reasons, to soak up fire, to provide anti tank support and close combat support. The weapons on two of the dreads bring about their roles as anti armor support, the assault cannon is there for its high rate of fire and good strength value, its short range is irrelvent in a drop pod attack. Space wolves also can handle being charged upon drop pod landings due to the counter attack rule. Lets not forget about the high toughness and armor save on all the space marines. Ill add the extra armor to all my dreads when i take off the runic armor and MC. Thanks for your help.
    You know what they say, if you dont like the weather in houston...go back to where you came from

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x6)

personally i think there are far to many powerfists
    Veni Vidi Variant
    I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.

The spikey ones go faster.

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.

Saga of the Ages. Click it.

Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The powerfists are there because i like the fact that in units of 15 blood claws with 3 power fists in each squad, their effectiveness is gretly enhanced. I dont put power weapons in the blood claw squads because i have a hero with a frost blade in each squad going at an initive of 5.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by sithjack@Dec 2 2003, 16:59
    personally i think there are far to many powerfists
    [snapback]70977[/snapback]
    With SW you can't have to many power fist.
    How victory may be produced for them out of the enemy's
    own tactics--that is what the multitude cannot comprehend.
    -Sun Tzu

Space Marine 1 "It's a bloody Wraithlord, we're doomed!"
    Space Marine 2 "Why? It doesn't look terribly hard"
    Space Marine 1 "You don't understand.........those heathen Eldar.....they made it completely out of cheese"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Space Wolves cannot take Emperor's Champion. First of all, the FAQ that allowed him is null and void with the new Space Marine Codex out. He's BT only.

Furthermore, Space Wolves can have no more and no less than 3 HQs in 1850, whether they take up a slot or not. Thus, why Emp. Champ is not possible for SW.
    Sam Mills (1959-2005) and Mark Fields - Keep Pounding

Cry Cheese, And Let Loose The Wraithlords And Templar!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

The drop pods can only take up to 10 power amour models, so your blood claws squads are too big. :huh:

your wolf priest gets a power weapon for free th frost balde is really a waste. a thunder hammer will do best, if he ends up facing a dread.

Dual lightning claws work best on a wolf priest. rerolling gives you better chances of wounding.

The plasma cannon isn't an ption anymore, so drop it for an assault cannon.
    keep your CCW on the dread since you will be in assaultrange when you disembark for the pod. eldar can do sqaut to dreads in CC.

The EC is elligal to SW.

You should use a scout squad they do a great distraction/tank hunters/ CC capable unit with a wolf guard battle leader. :rofl:

With the points from the champion and cutting up from the frost balde, get 2 speeders with multi-meltas.

With all that said, good luck ^_^
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

replace ec with small blood claws pack with power fist and and melta gun 105pts
    these guys walk using cover
    <('U')>
    disonour before death

+ Reply to Thread