500 Points Of Tau - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Bowling Green State University, OH, U.S.A.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here we are, 500 points of Tau, hopefully a good balance:

HQ: Crisis Shas'o w/ plasma rifle, missile launcher, shield generator, hard-wired drone controller w/ 2 shield drones, hard-wired multitracker

Troops: 10 Fire Warriors
    12 Fire Warriors

Heavy support:
    2 Separate Broadsides w/ multitrackers

I have access to a lot more stuff, I just have to build it, including more fire warriors, 3 more crisis suits, another Broadside & a Hammerhead, & 3 stealth suits, so what should I use if I don't already have it here?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, i also play tau, and in my experience, you do not need 2 shield drones on your commander in such a low point game. i would also leave out the shield generator, as the IC status will protect him and cc is NOT an option. 2 broadsides in 500 pts? i think one would be ok. firewarriors win games for you. bump the other squad up to 12. maybe add in some more but that is personal preferance. stealth suits are also good, especially in this small of a game because they can pump out a lot of high strength shots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

add some crisis as body guard take out some fw and shield drones as well as 1 broadside and add 3 stealth not sure if that'll fit points tho.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't need 2 Broadsides in a 500 point game. You probably wouldn't need two in a 1000 either. Drop 1 to take another mob of Fire Warriors.

I wouldn't take Stealth Suits in a low point game, Fire Warriors are better for the points.

Keep the HQ as it is, keeping him alive is important. Or, remove his drones and put him in a Fire Warrior squad to keep him alive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drop a broadside and the stealthsuit for 2 warriors and a crisis or 2

Closed Thread