Necron Destroyer List 1500pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lord w/R.Orb, Phylactery 155pts

Troops
    2x10 Warriors 360pts

Fast Attack
    3x5 Destroyers 750pts

Heavy Support
    1 Monolith 235pts

Lord hides behind the Lith and keeps Warriors alive. Destroyers zip around and concentrate firepower on major threats. Lith recycles Destroyers since the only time they don't get their WBB roll is against S10 and that shouldn't happen with good positioning.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOuld be fun to shoot all those times, with the destroyers. but they are expensive. hope all those WBB's are successful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im not sure that you are getting good value out of your monoliths 235pts
    if you are just using it to recycle destroyers. It would have to get close to use its flux arc projectors and it is vulnerable to assault from high strength things like dreads and carnifex's
    It would win a few games but then your opponent would probably work out a way to beat it easily, that usually happens with all very specialized armies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take more warriors in 2k points cos of fade out rule.
    good luck, nice theme

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like this list... *thumbs up*

Personally I would scrap the 'Lith, it can only help you when the models are within 18'' so it would severely hamper the mobility of the army.

Go for a squad of 3 Hvy destroyers, as well as giving your lord a destroyer bod so he can zip around with the others, helping them with his orb. You don't want to keep your Warriors alive, you want to keep the firepower of the destroyers intact. I don't advocate the use of a Philactery. Go for a Phase Shifter to increase your lords durability.

This leaves around 40 Points wich you can invest in 3 additional warriors. With 6 more Necron models, the risk of phasing out is reduced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this the list from the last report?

Many people said "Cheese", so you might consider making a more "balanced" army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't call this cheese. People usually just say something is cheese because they havent worked out how to beat it. While there are some nasty combinations that can be made i dont think that this is that bad and i wouldnt be paticularly bothered about playing against it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im not sure that you are getting good value out of your monoliths 235pts
    if you are just using it to recycle destroyers. It would have to get close to use its flux arc projectors and it is vulnerable to assault from high strength things like dreads and carnifex's
    It would win a few games but then your opponent would probably work out a way to beat it easily, that usually happens with all very specialized armies.
    Not worried about Dreads and Carnifexes. Considering my army it's probably a good thing if the opponent maxes out on Dreads/Carnis since Destroyers excel against slow tough targets.

Having Heavy Destroyers in place of the Lith is truly very tempting tho. How about this?

HQ
    Lord w/R.Orb, Chronometron 150pts

Elites
    2x10 Flayed Ones 360

Troops
    2x10 Warriors 360pts

Fast Attack
    2x3 Destroyers 3000pts
    1x4 Destroyers 200pts

Heavy Support
    2x1 Heavy Destroyers 130pts

I've always like Flayed Ones as I think that you get a very good deal for the pts cost. Combined with Infil/Deep Strike you have a unit that can work well with the mobility of the Destroyers i.e. I can create unit 'bunkers' should not only stand up to assault but will not really affect the shooting since Destroyers can move around Flayed Ones in CC to select targets.

The single Heavy Ds can also hide behind units well not being a vehicle or monstrous creature.

Alternatively there's sheer brute force.

HQ
    Lord w/VoD 160pts

Elite
    3x10 Immortals 840pts

Troops
    2x10 Warriors 360pts

Heavy Support
    2x1 Heavy Ds 130pts

I've proxied this one before and the only way to beat this was with my Destroyer-Lith combo and severely keeping distance. As far as mission-based games go this one really dominates since this beats ANY list in stand-and-shoot except a Reaper-Guardian screen. Then again good use of the Veil negates the Reaper screen partially.

Each Reaper fires 2 S5 AP3 shots. meaning on average each one kills 2/3 of an Imm every turn not counting the WBB roll = 1/3 of an Imm. Each Imm fires 2 S5 AP4 shots killing 10/9 = 1 Reaper every turn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like that List with the 2HD's in place of the lith and the 10 destroyers. powerful long range attacks.

the 30 immortals, man i would fear to face that. s5 shots all over the place. sweet.

can i ask why the Chronometron? Points Fill?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about this? It would be a shame to go without some destroyers...

HQ
    Lord w/VoD,Gaze of Flame, Warscythe 185pts

Elite
    2x10 Immortals 560pts

Troops
    2x10 Warriors 360pts

Fast Attack
    1x5 Destroyers 250pts

Heavy Support
    2x1 Heavy Ds 130pts

the extra equipment on the Lord helps when he VoD's with the Imms and gets Assaulted...

Closed Thread