Necron Close Quarters List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ
    Lord w/R.Orb, Warscythe, Gaze of Flame, N.Shroud 200pts

Elites
    3x10 Flayed Ones 540pts

Troops
    3x10 Warriors 540pts

Heavy Support
    1 Lith 235pts

This one wins via attrition so no easy walkover wins like my destroyer or imm heavy list.

The other one would probably make use of the Spyder-Wraith combo

HQ
    Lord w/R.Orb, Destroyer, Warscythe, Phase Shifter 200pts

Elite
    1x10 Flayed Ones 180pts

Troops 378pts
    1x10 Warriors
    1x11 Warriors

Fast Attack
    2x3 Wraiths 246pts

Heavy Support
    3x3 Tomb Spyders 495pts

9 Tomb Spyders will take down anything in CC short of 3 Wraithlords. How about Blood Claws with 3 Powerfists? Well you have 27 S6 power attacks that you can focus on a squad before the powerfists get to hit back....... The fact that it is easily countered by 3 Wraithlords is why I don't use it.

This is up just to get some feedback. Altho I think Necrons do well in CC. There are too many 'cheesy' CC options to other armies to come up with a take all comers CC army with the Crons.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

30 flayed ones would be nice to get into h2h right away with there infiltrator or Deep strike. and take the Lord with them and no +1 attack and reduced leadership would be a deadly combo.

9 Tomb Spyders would be a great CC squad but a lot of points. 500 points.

Necrons in Close Combat. Well yeah there stat line is an average Marine but the In 2 is going to hurt. and then take them up against some Beserkers or other CC oriented units. It is a tough battle to win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Er.... what In2? Look at the Flayed Ones stats more closely...... . EXACTLY like SM plus with special rules. Only downside is lack of shooting and the 3 extra pts cost which is a fair trade for the huge upside imo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont forget tomb spiders cant focus, they arent independent characters so they cant focus on models. Not to mention a good indepdent character with a frost blade will take care of a tomb spider or two. Its also not like all those spiders are going to be attacking the same squad either. Just be a bit more flexable with your plans.
    You know what they say, if you dont like the weather in houston...go back to where you came from

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't forget the Spyders can and will churn out Scarab Bases like nobodys business (9 per turn!!&#33 ... a unit in CC will have to face the little buggers too...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the spider list. But 30 flayed ones would be scary...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basically it's going to be difficult to get rid of the Spyders once they get sufficient Scarabs up.Seen a Spyder with 3 Scarab bases?

In TAR you can't target non-IC models in a squad so I'm assuming this means that I can allocate shooting/CC attacks against the non-IC Spyder on the Scarabs instead. Does the monstrous creature rule override this?

Closed Thread