500pt. Alaitoc Eldar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im experimenting with new 500pt. style armies and made this Alaitoc one because I realized the abilities of the Pathfinder Rangers in 500pt. games. Im trying new tactics and need as many people's thoughts as possible. Please contribute. Also visit my other new Eldar armies.

HQ: Avatar of the Bloody-Handed God. 80pts.

Elites: 5 Path-Finders. 120 pts.

Troops: 4 Rangers. 76pts.

Troops: 4 Rangers. 76pts.

Troops: 13 Guardian Storm Eldar with Haywire Nades, 1 flamer, 1 fusion gun. 110pts.

The purpose of this army is to use Ranger Disruption (a Path-Finder ability) to send their units into disarray. Then I pick them off (bigger units with the Path-Finders, smaller units with the Rangers. Then once I've weakened them I send my Stormies with my Avatar up to finish the job. If any tanks come I'll chop 'em up with my WAAAAAAAILING DOOOOOOOOM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks good, but a tank could shut you down, as sniper rifles don't harm Armor. Give the Stories Haywire Grenades, and switch those flamers for Fusion Guns. Looks good though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotcha there. If you look at the Pathfinder's gun, after rolling to hit, he rolls for having an AP1 (4+), which will prove fun. Also I have that fun lil' Avatar whos Wailing Doom just might put a dent in their tank's armor. And I will take away 1 REGULAR Ranger from each squad and give the Stormies Haywire Grenades. I need the flamers though to take out hordes of enemies, so I'll take away 1 flamer and make it a fusion gun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow, that army would be pretty tough to beat, thats really sweat
    Glory to Russ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I may have gone a little over the top with the ranger idea. My army consists of about 30 rangers (5 path finders obviously) and not much else. Don't trust completely in ranger disruption, it doesn't always work as well is it should, also in my experience the avatar and guardians would be long dead before they reach any tanks, so I'd take a wraithlord with a bright lance if I were you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotcha there. If you look at the Pathfinder's gun, after rolling to hit, he rolls for having an AP1 (4+), which will prove fun. Also I have that fun lil' Avatar whos Wailing Doom just might put a dent in their tank's armor. And I will take away 1 REGULAR Ranger from each squad and give the Stormies Haywire Grenades. I need the flamers though to take out hordes of enemies, so I'll take away 1 flamer and make it a fusion gun.
    1. Sniper rifles can't damage tanks I believe.

2. Avatar will never actually reach a tank as a tank moves faster and is ranged.

3. The army is illegal I believe. The 2 ranger squads do not count towards force comp and u need 2 troop choices so you need another guard/rang squad.

4. You need some ranged anti-vehicle. A simple marine rhino rush will beat this list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually, correct me if im wrong, from what I remeber eldar sniper rifles(or mabe just those of pathfinders) get a glancing hit on a 4 or a 5, and a penetrating hit on a 6.
    Glory to Russ

Closed Thread