Self Designed Chapters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:blink:

Howdy there all you Marine fanatics out there, especially those who have designed their own chapter.

I created my own chapter, or Order as i call them coz their organisation is well different to a codex chapter about two years ago. Being a big whimp i painted em black (its so much easier plus it lets me concentrate more on the little details) and used a silver learing skull for their badge, surrounded by bones. Its an old Legion of the damned shoulder pad. I dubbed my glorious new children 'The Soul Reavers' led by my chaplain modified Chapter Master Macharius Hieronymus Ravensdark.

Now i'm more into the painting and fiction than the gaming itself, but whenever i think of anything new (like my Order) i get a cold sense of dread someother chappy out there has done the same thing. So i was wondering if anyone has, especially the name.

I ain't saying i'm original, far from it. Just wanted to know.

I'd like to hear any good ideas about other peoples chapters, backgrounds etc.

Cheers alot.

<span style='color:red'>&quot;Right lads, lets make a tactical advance to the rear of our posistion&quot;
    &quot;Errr do you mean run away?&quot;
    &quot;Thats the one&quot;</span>

&quot;Oh man, look at that.&quot;
    &quot;Where?&quot;
    &quot;Over there, by that river of boiling souls.&quot;
    &quot;Well I&#39;ll be damned... it&#39;s a Starbucks.&quot;

<a href='http://www.freewebs.com/ravensdark/' target='_blank'>THE SOUL REAVERS</a>
    <a href='http://www.freewebs.com/gaeisia/index.htm' target='_blank'>GAESIA</a>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Neverwhere,London, United Kingdon of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Macharius,

Didn&#39;t really create my army as I&#39;m still waiting for it to arrive by mail order....lol

I&#39;ve decided to use the Exorcist Chapter as my very own Space Marine Army. There shouldn&#39;t be that many as it seems almost everyone prefers the mainstream ones like the Space Wolves, Blood Angels et al.

The Chaos Armies seem to have a lot more leeway as they did number Legion.
    I was fascinated that they are possessed by daemons and then exorcised

I am changing a few things though, their paint scheme for one....too much like Blood Angels and I&#39;m adding alot more fluff, which should be fun...hehehe
    I&#39;ve decided that they should look more like the Grey Knights that helped in training them.
    How many points do you currently have?
    Do you have any pics of the army you could post and are you going to post any of your armies fluff?

:a
    Whoso would be a man must be a non conformist
    People should be taught what is, not what should be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi nemogbr.

Well as i said i&#39;m more into the painting and such so its been a long time since i worked out how many points were in my army. I did alot of heavy conversion on my charachters and a dreadnaught so its hard to say.

I have to admit i always try to make individuals far too hard no matter what the points. Especially with my Order Master (chapter master), it was kind of like, i want him to be able to take on a Carnifix and win... which ain&#39;t really gonna happen without extreme luck or some good backup.

Well at present my army is made up of Two ten men tactical squads. Each containing a heavy and assault weapon.

one scout squad of six.

A seven man terminator squad headed by a Company captain (hero level)

Two dreadnaughts, one is just a standard with a power fist and twin lascannons. The other i heavily modified, It got a bit stupid but i armed it with an assault cannon, lightning claw, cyclone missile launchers (taken of one of my terminators) and a heavy flamer attached under its power claw. Way too much weaponry i know but it still looks good and i like to use it in some of my fluff. (it plays quite a big part)

I also have two assassins, one vindicare and one eversor.

A chief librarian, a techmarine, a master chaplain.

And my Master with a power scythe, jump pack, a type of light assault cannon (an idea of mine, its pre-heresy, dark age of technology kind of thing) artificer armour and backed up by a bodyguard of five assault marines with power glaives (the old nemesis weapons off the grey knights)

I aint got a clue what the points are, and i guess alot of the stuff i couldn&#39;t actually have but what the hell it was a laugh.

The story i did behind mine was that they were once apart of the death guard, but when mortarion joined horus a portion of the legion rebelled under the leadership of a Death Guard Captain and fought against their own brothers.

I had started with the idea that they were one of the missing legions from the first founding (the 2nd or 11th) but i realised quite a few people had done that so i went for something different.

And i&#39;ve really been rambling on aint i. Soz.
    I don&#39;t have any pics of em as there at home and i&#39;m at uni but i was thinking of getting some over my break. I do have some bacground stories on em if ya fancy a look though.
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;Right lads, lets make a tactical advance to the rear of our posistion&quot;

&quot;Where?&quot;

<a href='http://www.freewebs.com/ravensdark/' target='_blank'>THE SOUL REAVERS</a>

Neverwhere,London, United Kingdon of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds good to me.

I&#39;ve only bought one Dreadnought so far and still in the process of buying my Inquisitor for the Daemon Hunter allies. One fluff I&#39;ve decided is that all Exorcist forces has an Inquisitor with them in order to prevent recidivism.

Post the fluff whenever you can

Regards
    Whoso would be a man must be a non conformist
    People should be taught what is, not what should be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright mate.

I posted more fluff under the master of the Soul Reavers in the fluff section.

I like the idea with the inquisitor, maybe u cud have a confeesor for each squad with an inquisitor in your HQ.

&quot;Where?&quot;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

Hey man... Congrats on the great idea of making your own Chapter&#33; I myself have done this and I find it very rewarding as there are no set boundries (fluff wise) and it ensures that you, and you alone, have this army. Whenever I play tournies there are always loads of Dark Angels or Space Wolves armies but only ONE Remigo Chapter army&#33;

If you want to read the fluff for my army you can read it here.
    "We're the Death Korp of Krieg, son. Did you think that was just a pretty name? We never retreat. We fight and we die, that's the Krieg way."
    -Lieutenant Konarski at the Battle of Erebus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

helo

There&#39;s some fluff for my chapter at the link below.

http://www.librarium-online.com/forum/inde...showtopic=6338#

Its actualy a bit of fiction revolving around my chapter. I&#39;m gonna post up the actual history and where they came from as soon as i&#39;ve finished writin it. Maybe 6-7 months. ha ha

&quot;Where?&quot;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x6)

i did something like that only they were from the luna wolves and renamed themselves the wolves of redemption
    Veni Vidi Variant
    I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.

The spikey ones go faster.

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.

Saga of the Ages. Click it.

Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a cool name for a Chapter... The Bloody Katanas. Sort of like a Asian chapter... or maybe the Triads heheh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever happened to the old wolves of redemption.

Did u write any fluff or anything for them

&quot;Where?&quot;

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast