1000 Pt Craftworld Ulthwe List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My strategy will be to have a really freakin' dangerous Seer Council in a Falcon with a starcannon advancing rapidly up a flank in cover, with a firing line of 2 medium-sized squads of Black Guardian Defenders with starcannons (bright lances instead, maybe?) concealed by a Warlock, screening a Wraithlord with a BL on the center advance. I need some more AP, though...any ideas?

Something like this:

Seer Council: 303 pts
    Farseer w/ Mind War & Witch blade/SP
    Farseer w/ Fortune & Witch blade/SP
    Warlock w/ Augment & Witch blade/SP
    Warlock w/ Enhance & Witch blade/SP
    Warlock w/ Destructor & Singing spear/SP
    Warlock w/ Embolden & Witch blade/SP

Black Defender Guardian Squad: 163
    10 Black Defender Guardians
    Starcannon heavy weapon platform w/ crew
    Warlock w/ Conceal & CCW/SP

Black Defender Guardian Squad: 163
    10 Black Defender Guardians
    Starcannon heavy weapon platform w/ crew
    Warlock w/ Conceal & CCW/SP

Falcon: 185
    Starcannon
    Holo-field
    Vectored Engines

Wraithlord: 120
    Dual Flamers
    Bright Lance

934 pts.

Any ideas for the last 66 points? A Vyper with a bright lance to support the other flank, perhaps? Whaddya say? I think I may be lacking in the tankbusting department. Thanks a lot, much luv!

OMFG1337!!!!111one

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Come on! Pleaase? Help me? Again, thanks.
    OMFG1337!!!!111one

In your mind - well you cant prove im not.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think that is quite good, but the seer councel is a bit over the top in such a small game, with the last 66 points, how much is a viper with a starcannon?
    The poster formaly known as VampireSoul, formaly known as OrkSlugga now known as Orkslugga.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same as a Vyper with a bright lance! 65 pts. I just think that I already have three starcannons, and only one bright lance, plus a pulse laser. I think that the Falcon works really well, because the vectored engines can prevent the disadvantage of being in difficult terrain while the tank stays hull-down, and the holo-field gives it great survivability. However, I feel that my army lacks severely in flexibility, which is something that all Eldar armies should be utilizing to the fullest. How can I change that?
    OMFG1337!!!!111one

In your mind - well you cant prove im not.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah then take a viper with a brightlance on
    The poster formaly known as VampireSoul, formaly known as OrkSlugga now known as Orkslugga.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, a Bright Lanced Viper does sound good.

Also, some Dark Reapers would be cool. That way you could change one group or Guardians to Storm Guardians and still have enough fire power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not just give the falcon crystal targeting matrix ( I think thats what its called ) and deploy the falcon behind a hill or somthing. It maybe just me but wheres the howling banshees? I'm no expert on Eldar sooo don't take my ideas to seriously.

DI
    Da Future Is Bright, Da futures Green

Ogre Kingdoms 0-0-0
    40k Chaos 5-0-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't want a CTM on the Falcon because it's a transport, and then a gunship. How would I work some Dark Reapers into there? They don't allow Crisis Suits a save, so they'll be REALLY useful in keeping my Falcon out of Deep Striking plasma danger.

I could change my Seer Council to this:
    HQ: 260
    Seer Council
    2 Farseer (2x Witchblades, 2x Shuriken Pistols, Eldritch Storm,
    Fortune)
    3 Warlocks (3x Witchblades, 3x Shuriken Pistols, Enhance,
    Augment, Destructor)

And then I could drop the Falcon. That gives me about 228 points to play with. I can put 111 into some Dark Reapers, giving me 117. Should I invest in infiltrating Striking Scorpions to powerfist a Hammerhead? Or a Fireprism to counteract his railgun?

Before you say Eldritch Storm is crap, think about this: against Tau, an augmented Eldritch Storm outranges them by 4". Also, it can cause pinning, effectively stopping them from shooting you. Also, I could use it on the Hammerhead, exposing its meaty back armor to my Scorpions with a claw-wielding Exarch, or my S9 AP2 prism cannon. Nifty, yes? Thoughts accepted with much gratitude, thanks.
    OMFG1337!!!!111one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok im gona give a couple tips on how a nice little army for the eldar should be built. OK my tips might seem odd to your army cuase i do USF, but here i got. ONe you should add more to your basic troops. Drop the falcon man and get vypers in its place, alot more flexible in the sense that you won't cry when you lose it( belive me ita pain in a the ass when you lose a falcon). ALong with the vypers and guardians( defender guardians recomended) maby get a sqaud of 2 warwalkers or 2 squads of 1 war walker each. The war walkers will support the already fast guardians and the vypers will go ahead of the army hugging terrain and blasting away any real threat like a tank or a terminator or 2. Also you beefed up your seer council over the top for such a small game. Wraithlord is nice, just don't get to confident in it and stupidly cahrg it into a power fist wielding group of terminaotr( i made that mistake and boy it didn't turn out so well). Also consider that the wraithlord might be a little slow comparedwith our army, but its your list not mine. THats my two cents and good luck man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK i didn't read the title and just recently noticed your againts tau and necrons. One againts the tau you need to be fast and flexible. THe wraithlord is perfect for taking out necrons and maby tau( its a little slow getting any where) just don't it get shot down by alot of lucky guass rifles. Vypers are serously recommended especially when going againts tau.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast