The Sensorium Guard - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, if you read my previous posting, you'll know that I now have the Rulebook, Codex:Chaos and a bunch of other stuff and am getting down to the nitty gritty of actually putting together an army list. I will punch up a little bit of fluff at the end of the list...

HQ

Lieutenant Omicron – Bolt Pistol, Master Crafted Power Weapon, Frag and Krak, Daemonic Visage, Mark of Slaanesh. - 94 pts

ELITES

“Fireskulls� Psi X – 5 Possessed Marines . Plus 1 Aspiring Champion w/Daemonic Talons. All have Daemonic Fire and Mark of Slaanesh. - 212 pts

Phi Burning Psi X – Rhino Mount for “Fireskulls� w/Extra Armour, Smoke Launcher and Searchlight - 59pts

TROOPS

Squad Theta X (CCW/Assault) – 9 Marines w/Bolt Pistols and CCW. 2 w/Flamers. Plus 1 Aspiring Champion w/Bolt Pistol and Power Fist – 180 pts

Squad Mu X (Long Range/Tactical) – 4 Marines w/Bolters. 1 w/LasCannon. Plus 1 Aspiring Champion w/ Bolt Pistol and Power Fist – 113 pts

Squad Mu XI (Long Range/Tactical) – 4 Marines w/Bolters. 1 w/LasCannon. Plus 1 Aspiring Champion w/ Bolt Pistol and Power Fist – 113 pts

HEAVY SUPPORT

Squad Zeta X (Heavy Support) – 5 Space Marines, 4 w/Missile Launchers, 1 w/Sonic Blaster. Plus 1 Aspiring Champion w/ Combi Melta. All Have Mark of Slaanesh. - 222pts

Total – 993 points

So, that's 33 models and a Rhino...

Not being a fan of crusty old pervs in pink armour (what else could a ten thousand year old Slaaneshi SM be described as?), but enjoying the grooviness of the orgy god himself (heh, he's like Dionysus, Bacchus and Venus rolled into one&#33 - I went and made up "The Sensorium Guard". The Sensorium in question is on a deserted old mining planet - long since dried of all minerals. The Sensorium itself is the only settlement here, and it is a huge complex of bars, nightclubs and opium dens, visited by pirates, rogue traders, and the odd celebrity. Kinda like Las Vegas...

The Head Honcho here, codenamed Final Sigma, needs to control these vagrants, and look after his prostitutes and paper pushers - therefore he requires a sizable contingent of renegade marines, from the devout will of his personal Sigmata Knights and the fire-cult brethren of the Fireskulls, through to his massed ranks of regular guards - a collection of willing marines fighting for the greater good of Slaanesh, Chaos or even (in a strange way) humanity, and those captured (due to falling into debt, or falling on the wrong star system) and mind modified to accept their new duties.

What Final Sigma does not know, is that whilst his Sensorium has become more popular, and is thriving with all forms of debauchery and sensation (Our Lord shall be so pleased with this divine temple), the eyes of the Empire are straying rather close, and with a new focus on driving the forces of chaos from the galaxy, the Emperor may wish to make an example of this obvious target...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

In your mind - well you cant prove im not.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that seems like a great list if you ask me, but if i was you i would cut back on the havocs, maybe just 3 missile launchers, thats still a good punch and then giv ethe cc troop squad a rhino so your hq has some back up.
    The poster formaly known as VampireSoul, formaly known as OrkSlugga now known as Orkslugga.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, I think I'm gonna take two missile launchers and two BlastMasters (or is it Sonic Blasters - my list is elsewhere at the moment).

Changing Lt. a wee bit, drop the kraks for Meltabombs and possibly a Plasma Pistol (maybe wise, maybe not, but he is a touch underpowered shooty wise even though he's gonna be directing the field from ways back.)

If I can get away with calling my Slaanesh Army a "purist" army (i.e. no other marks except "no mark" and "Slaanesh") perhaps I can save a couple of points for the Havoc and Possessed Aspiring Champs - them being six man squads with the mark of Slaanesh, a "favoured unit" if playing by Emperors Children rules(would you allow an opponent to play those rules?) - drop a couple of Marines from the Assault Squad as well(down to eight), and I'm sure I can fit the Assault squad into a Rhino of somesort. I'll give it a go without for a while and finetune the selection - if I go all tweaky before I even start painting I'll never even get to play a single game!

Anything else?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

drop the mastercraft and give your chaos lord Daemon Aura!
    i would drop a missile launcher and some points and add an obliterator. My combo for havocs is 2 lascannons and 2 autocannons, i've got firepower, high rate of fire, and tankhuntiness all rolled up into one!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like it. Best combo for havocs is 4 missile launchers and tankbustas. This rocks against all amies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers for the feedback guys.

The reasoning behind not having LasCannons is one of my tradeoffs between realistic gaming and keeping points low - I wasn't keen to spend 35points per LasCannon in the Havocs when I could give them to the Tactical Squads for only 15 points a shot.

As for the Lieutenant having Daemonic Aura, he just ain't that powerful! He may get whipped easily, but he will be travelling alongside the nearest possible unit so he can't be targeted individually. I may give him Terminator armour, or Bionics or something for some kind of extra save, but Lt. Omicron is simply a hard working Marine with an eye for tactics. If he had many more Daemonic gifts he would not be respected by his troops. Daemons are seen as a different race, and are treated with as much fear as respect here - therefore those well gifted by Chaos are sent to join the Fireskulls cult, as they will not be accepted by the normal ranks of troops.

As for Final Sigma himself - he's getting active himself, and we may see the Sigma Guard put an appearance in the 1,500 pts list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, nearly finished I think. I'm not entirely happy about my points being eaten up by so few troops, but at least should be a nice basis for a larger army. I've lost a couple of Aspiring Champs in favour of more mid-range shootiness for the Tactical Squads, given the Lieutenant Daemonic Aura (:huh and done various tweakables. I might give the Havocs Champ his books, cos they've got the Mark and Tank Hunters therefore leadership ain't a necessity bonus, and another Sonic Blaster might just do...But hey, lists are never completed, just 'in progress'.

1 Lieutenant Omicron (Chaos Lieutenant) @ 106 Pts
    Mark of Slaanesh; Power Weapon (x1); Plasma Pistol (x1)
    Frag Grenades [1]
    Melta-Bombs [5]
    Daemonic Aura [15]

5 "Fireskulls" Psi X (Possessed Marines) @ 271 Pts
    Mark of Slaanesh; CC Weapon (x5); Bolt Pistol (x5)
    #Daemonic Strength [0]
    #Daemonic Aura [0]
    #Daemonic Fire [5]

1 Aspiring Champion @ [52] Pts
    Mark of Slaanesh
    #Daemonic Fire [5]
    #Daemonic Strength [0]
    #Daemonic Aura [0]
    Daemonic Talons [5]

1 Phi Burning Psi X "Fireskulls" Transport (Chaos Rhino) @ [59] Pts
    Combi-Bolter
    Searchlight [1]
    Extra Armour [5]
    Smoke Launcher [3]

9 Theta X Assault Squad (Chaos Space Marines) @ 190 Pts
    CC Weapon (x9); Bolt Pistol (x7); Flamer (x2); Frag Grenades

1 Aspiring Champion @ [43] Pts
    Power Fist (x1); Bolt Pistol (x1); Frag Grenades

5 Mu X Tactical Unit (Chaos Space Marines) @ 95 Pts
    CC Weapon (x5); Bolter (x3); Lascannon (x1); Meltagun (x1)

5 Mu XI Tactical Unit (Chaos Space Marines) @ 95 Pts
    CC Weapon (x5); Bolter (x3); Lascannon (x1); Meltagun (x1)

5 Zeta X Heavy Weapons Team (Havocs) @ 240 Pts
    Mark of Slaanesh; CC Weapon (x5); Sonic Blaster (x1); Blastmaster (x2);
    Missile Launcher (x2)
    #Tank Hunters [3]

1 Aspiring Champion @ [45] Pts
    Mark of Slaanesh; Combi-Melta
    #Tank Hunters [3]

Models in Army: 34

Total Army Cost: 997

Fogive the formatting, it's just straight outta ArmyBuilder, and can't be bothered typing it all out nice. I will be checking my points and rules manually though - cos it doesn't always get it right...

Closed Thread