My First Tau Army List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, so, this is my first Tau army list.

HQ:

Commander Arcturo: Crisis Suit Missle Pod, Plasma Rifle, Gun Drone Controller

105 PTS Total

Elites:

3 Stealth suits and 1 Shas'ui with a markerlight

130 PTS

Troops:

Squad 1 of FW:

5 normal guys and a Shas'ui

Squad 2 of FW:

Squad 3 of FW:

Squad 4 of FW:

5 normal guys and a Shas'ui with a Pulse Carbine

280 PTS

Fast Attack:

4 Gun Drones= 48 PTS

Hvy Support:

1 Broadeside Suit (Izual) with a Target-Lock

1 Broadeside Suit (Cloud) with a Multi-Tracker

1 Hammerhead Ship with 1 Seeker Missile

320 PTS

Grand Total= 835 PTS (I think...)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, so, this is my first Tau army list.

HQ:

Commander Arcturo: Crisis Suit Missle Pod, Plasma Rifle, Gun Drone Controller
    ---This is an alright setup, but is he a shas'o or a shas'el? The gun drone controller is useless without any drones, so buy a few gun drones...

105 PTS Total

Elites:

3 Stealth suits and 1 Shas'ui with a markerlight
    ---Stealth suits are OK, give your shas'ui a hard-wired target lock so he can fire seperately from his squad with the markerlight. I suggest adding one more model.

130 PTS

Troops:

Squad 1 of FW:

Squad 2 of FW:

Squad 3 of FW:

Squad 4 of FW:

5 normal guys and a Shas'ui with a Pulse Carbine
    -----Make these into 2 squads of ten for morale purposes.

280 PTS

Fast Attack:

4 Gun Drones= 48 PTS
    ----These are not controlled by your commander, just so you know, they are completely independent. I suggest adding an additional model here as well.

Hvy Support:

1 Broadeside Suit (Izual) with a Target-Lock

1 Broadeside Suit (Cloud) with a Multi-Tracker

1 Hammerhead Ship with 1 Seeker Missile
    ---This is all fine and dandy, but your hammerhead needs a main weapon. I reccomend a railgun and a multitracker, to fire on the move.

320 PTS

Grand Total= 835 PTS (I think...)
    For if one gave, he dared assert
    He knew that man was repentant
    For many a man is so hard of heart
    He cannot weep even though he suffers sorely

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear god I forgot to add so mutch stuff&#33; Ok the commander is shas&#39;o, he has 2 gun drones, thanks for the target-lock trick for stealth captain, the fire warriors will be 20 pts less cuz my squads&#39;ll be 2, err whatever, i dont go anymore gun drones to add to the squad, and my tank has a rail gun >_< i&#39;m going to give it something good i just need to check the armory

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would drop the gun drone squad as their leadership drops to 4 when they are reduced to 4 modles (or something like that) so they will end up flying back off the board before doing any damage. Also, consolidate your FWs into two squads, this will help with falling back as well. Thirdly, bond everything always, it is a great thing the tau have and should be untilized ALWAYS. Also, dont give your commander any drones, that way he remains an ind. charactor and can not be hit if within 6 inches of a unit. So keep him jumping around with the stealth and he will be a real pain in the ass to kill. And lastly, if you want to take a 850 pt. list with NO crisis thats fine, but just know what your getting yourself into. Crisis provide the elite power needed to kill high armour elites, i recommend always taking 3.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I havent been having any money lately seeing I dont have any... Otherwise I would get another broadside, make a squad of 2, then have the spare on his own, and with that I keep the tank floating on. I wont be getting any kroots, I know, I&#39;m a dumbass, but I just... you know, hate them like Poison... wayt to... crappy armor. I dunno.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say add 2 kroot kindreds or you&#39;ll be too shooty an not enough H2H combat you&#39;ll get creamed if you come into CC with Orks or SM Kroot&#39;ll reduce that margin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;ll see what I can do. But I really hate Krootz... :ph34r:.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aye I find that Specieist me&#39;n mah Kindreds will fight for the lives of Tau

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember in the codex.. the story about the eldar scout, getting her ribcage broken and heart aten. That was disgusting but pleasent because now I know how you guys are so strong... Lol. I still dont wana buy em though :blink:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are several ways to go without changing your list completely.
    You already fixed the commander by addig the the gun drones. Some people don&#39;t but it&#39;s okay. I do either.

You gun drone squad alone is not big enough. One failed morale check and they&#39;re gone, and they will fail with a leadership of 4. 3 options; 1) have your commander join the drones and they get his leaderhsip. Not bad as you already have drones with him. 2) Make them a full squad of 8 - the best idea. 3) drop them altogether.

Yor fire warriors: squads fo 6 are just fine. The way you have them I actually think that&#39;s the best. making them bigger won&#39;t raise their morale. I usually bond them except for small squads of 6, where you need to lose 4 before you are half strength, so the potential loss is very minimal. More small squads are generally just as good or better as they can divert fire better, and you can position them close enough to still concentrate fire. That single pulse carbine is rather pointless. make them all pulse rifles. It&#39;s the shas&#39;ui that raises morale by one point.

Stealth. I hate to tell you this, but nearly every experienced Tau player will tell you NOT to put a markerlight on your stealth. Why? Stealth need to move to take advantage of fairly short range guns and to be able to jump back into cover. The markerlight is a heavy and if yo use it your whle squad will not be able to move in the movement or assault phase. Every Tau player knows that is the bread and butter of the stealth.

What others have said about your broadsides and hammerhead makes sense.

Kroot are fine and are better in CC than Tau, but I still wouldn&#39;t take them with the purpose of being CC oriented. As you learn you can figure out special uses for the Kroot such as infiltrating and countercharging, or just tying an assault squad up. Overall thoough you need good quality shots so stay with Tau.

TuaofWar

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast