1500 Nightlords Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello guys , like to thank people ahead of time for even looking at this post, hopefully you give a little constructive criticsm while your here. My army is pretty much using all the powers that the night lords posses. I really tuned up on the tank hunting skills and well lets just say no tank( other than those damn skimmers) will survive for very long. Pretty much my Chaos lord will be running around with my rapters giving them super support in close combat and when i need to use the hit & run rule i could always detach him so they could succefully slap a unit around. K guys time for your talking :rolleyes: Also just for talling you guys all of the units have the Mark of Chaos Undivided.

HQ:165
    Chaos Night Lord*Mark of Chaos Undivided*
    Daemon Flight
    Lightning Claws
    Daemon Aura
    Melta Bomb
    Tank Hunter
    Spiky Bits
    Stealth

Troops:483
    8 Nightlords
    Aspiring Champion
    Power Weapon & Melta Bombs
    Heavy Bolter
    Stealth

8 Nightlords
    Aspiring Champion
    Heavy Bolter
    Stealth

8 Nightlords
    Aspiring Champion
    Heavy Bolter
    Stealth

Fast Attack:673
    5 Chaos Marine Bikers
    2 Melta Guns

6 Rapters
    3 Meltaguns
    Tank Hunters
    Stealth

6 Rapters
    3 Meltaguns
    Tank Hunters
    Stealth

Heavy Support:178
    1 Defiler
    *Indirect Fire*
    Smoke Launcher

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its a pretty good list but i dont like the mixing of heavy weapons and aspiring chamions in the same squad(one guy wants to stay and shoot and the other one wants to charge in for combat.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

Fairly good list, few things to think about.
    1. Do you really need the tank hunter skill in the Raptor squads? Figuiring that if you get close enough to use the melta guns, then you should be getting the additional D6 for penetration with short range.

2. You don't need aspiring champions in every squad, make sure they are close combat specific squads, and keep the squads with heavy weapons to the rear. Also you may want to drop the squads with heavy weapons to 5 man squads with no aspiring champions, and raise the number of marines in the close combat squads. you keep the troops in the respective roles, and keep the assualts going!

3. To my knowledge lightning claws have to be used with Terminator armor, and i don't think (not 100 percent sure) that you can use demonic flight with terminator armor. Plus if your using lightning claws to get the re-rell in close combat, why are you using spikey bits?

Good job with Nightlords though, their fun to play and not the same old army as everyone else!
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, not bad, not bad at all...

A couple of minor suggestions, though:

On your normal squad Aspiring Champions, I would suggest giving them Power Fists instead of Power Weapons and Melta Bombs - this will make them much more effective against most troops (especially if you use the Trial Assault rules&#33, and they will still be good against tanks and the like. Honestly, you may have too much anti-tank stuff in the army. The chances that your normal squads will be face-to-face with a tank is slim, so you should definitely lose the Melta Bombs on them.

Also, there's absolutely no reason to give a squad armed with 3 Meltaguns the Tank Hunter veteran skill as well - it's a major waste of points, IMHO. You would be better served giving each of your Raptor squads an Aspiring Champion armed with a Power Weapon or Power Fist to increase your assault capabilities - right now, if those squads went up against even a normal Space Marine squad they would be taken down pretty quick by Power Weapons and the like.

That's my 2 cents!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to agree except that you can use lightning claws without terminator armor.

Mouse: Lightning claws allow you to reroll failed to wound rolls, spikey bits allows you to reroll a failed to hit roll, im sure thats why he gave him spikey bits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

K guys pulling together your great response i came up with these couple of tweaks. Now im faced with a delema, i have 39 points left over so now im wondering if i should just buy another bike or rapter. Also the rapter squad without the power weapon is gona have the Chaos Lord as part of that squad so they have a over powered chaos lord kicking ass if anyone dares assualt them( which i doubt they can)

HQ:165
    Chaos Night Lord *Mark of Chaos Undivided*
    Daemon Flight
    Lightning Claws
    Daemon Aura
    Melta Bomb
    Tank Hunter
    Spiky Bits
    Stealth

Troops:458
    8 Nightlords
    Plasma Gun
    Heavy Bolter
    Stealth

*Close Combat Weapons & Pistol*
    8 Nightlords
    Aspiring Champion
    Power Weapon
    Stealth

*Close Combat Weapons & Pistol*
    8 Nightlords
    Aspiring Champion
    Power Weapon
    Stealth

Fast Attack:660
    5 Chaos Marine Bikers
    2 Melta Guns

6 Rapters
    Aspiring Champion w/ Power Weapon
    3 Meltaguns
    Stealth

6 Rapters
    3 Meltaguns
    Stealth

Heavy Support:178
    1 Defiler
    *Indirect Fire*
    Smoke Launcher

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

Now your making me start to rethink my iron warrior army! that's a good thing though.

my only conern is 2 squads with 3 melta guns. this of course is my opinion only. i have used raptor squads with 3 meltas, and come to realize that at times its very useful, but in recent games i find i really appreciate that extra figure with a CC weapon. take a look at the furious charge ability and see if you like it. you may want to add it onto a unit of raptors instead of stealth.

warhawk: thank you for the heads up on the claws, that seem like a nice combo if your trying to make your lord a killing machine.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by MouseC112@Dec 8 2003, 22:24
    warhawk: thank you for the heads up on the claws, that seem like a nice combo if your trying to make your lord a killing machine.
    No what makes him a killing machine is giving him mastercrafted lightning claws and spikey bits. You get to reroll 2 failed to hit rolls and reroll failed to wound rolls!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DOn't mean to burst your bubble, but under both spiky bits and lightning claws it states that only 1 re-roll for hit is allowed. Don't belive me then check under there stats and you will see. Any for you mouse i reviewed the furios charge and its insane ( never looked at it really). THis will acually give me a chance when i go againts other marines as i will hit first (most of the time) and i will hit simultanians with dark eldar warriors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read it again and it nowhere states its not comulative. I know you cannot reroll the same d6 twice but it doesn't say your limited to rerolling only one dice.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast