Darkangels Tenth Company. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dang it, i though i could take 9 troops choices not 6! 2-3 more blister packs and all my troops slots are filled up, whats left after that? 3 Fast attackvia scouts on bikes, but i don't like bikes, and besides they are EXPENSIVE $$$, like 45$ for THREE!!!, thats 3 times as expensive as a regular scout. BTW, how many f you guys fill up all your troops slots, and then com,plain becuase you want more?? Is there a cheat ui can do that is technically legal if only marginally cuth? Like can i feild TWO armies and use TWO force organisation charts? You know, kind of like allying with myself against another player?? I really don't like bikes...

This should be an 1848 list, compiled for an 1850 pts tourny up and coming...

HQ:
    Grand Master: iron halo, MC powerfist, bolter, artificer armour, : 167pts
    Chaplains: close combat weapon: 91pts
    Techmarine: Termy honors, lightning claws, servo arm: 85pts
    Sergeant: MC powerweapon, plasma pistol, termy honors: 75pts
    Apothecary: Narthecium, dual pistols, termy honors: 57pts
    Plasmagun guy: plasma gun: 21pts

Command razorback: twin lascannons, smoke, armour, stormbolter, hunterkiller: 123pts

TROOPS:
    Snipers: 6 riflemen, vet-sgt w/auspex, autocannon: 170pts

Bolters: 4 bolt-gunners vet-sgt w/ melta bomb, heavy bolter, kraks 4 all: 120pts

Shotguns: 4 shotgunners vet-sgt w/ melta bomb, kraks 4 all: 103pts

Close assult A: deathwing-sgt w/ powereapon, 4 CC troops, frags and kraks 4 all: 111pts

Close assult B: deathwing-sgt w/ powereapon, 4 CC troops, frags and kraks 4 all: 111pts

Close assult C: deathwing-sgt, heavy bolter, 3 CC troops, stock: 98pts

ELITES:
    Vindicare assassin: 110pts

Devistator dreadnought (temporary, for tourny use only): 135

HEAVY SUPPORT:
    Pred destructor, hvy bolters, smoke: 113
    pred destructor, lascannons: 135
    Pred Anhilator, lascannons: 145

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

Looks good but I think you're close combat squads need to be beefed up, right now the squads are a tad bit small. I think I'd drop the Destructor, and maybe cut down a little on the HQ unit, and then add 2 or so guys to each cc squad. Rest looks good though, what does the dread have? I guess twin lascannon, but which upgrades?
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Devistator dread = old skool standard twin lascannons w/ missles, thats all

I want to not use the dread nought its just a points place holder. and there ain&#39;t no way in hell i&#39;ll cut back on the HQ cuz they&#39;re the only thing i have 100% done.

The squads are small, yes. Smaller squads mean more segeants with powerweapons . I could beef them up and i probably will eventually but even now The way i employ them the three squads usually stick together anyway. and due to them being seperate squad what usually happens is the enemy charges into the nearest squad and once in HTH scouts are usually harder to kill. then in my following turn i have two squads ready to counter charge the attacking unit, with charging bonuses. Maybe I&#39;ll beef up one of them a bit and have them tag along behind the shotguns waiting to counter charge.

I don&#39;t know about droping the predator, the idea of haveing three predators on the table has a certain appeal to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

Okay I see your point. Still I think the squad sizes should be increased . But hey if it works, don&#39;t change it&#33; But... if the dread shouldn&#39;t actually be in there, maybe you could sacrifice that for some more cc scouts. Maybe drop the krak grenades on the bolter-wielding scout squad too, it looks like that squad isn&#39;t going to move too close to enemy armour. BTW assault squad c, what does the &#39;stock&#39; mean? Yes probably a really stupid question, but my few braincells are messed up cos I went to see (and headbang like a berzerker on) Cradle of Filth last friday .
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stock, means ( i believe derived from stuff like stock cars or something) that it comes as is, no improvements, no modifications, no extras. Actually i refer to it as a stock squad becuase i was gifted with a PLASTIC GW scout squad from olden times, purchased at games day &#39;97 I believe. They don&#39;t even have em listed in the 40k archives cause their so out of date. but since they are scouts, and armed with pistols and CCWs and made by GW, they are legal. I&#39;m hoping for some interesting reactions when i pull them out fully painted for the first time. even if they are plastic...

I might take your advice on the bolter squad. Right now my shooters squad only has 2 bolters & 2 shotguns (i haven&#39;t expanded them yet) so they all get kraks for the time being, but i think your right though, I&#39;ll leave the tank hunting to my shotgunners, i mean what else are they gonna do besides die anyway right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

Ahh I see. Maybe you could take away the heavy bolter guy in assault squad c too, as they&#39;ll probably be moving to get into close combat anyway . Rest is good though, have you playtested this exact army list?
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i need like 3 blisterpacks of scouts, and 2 tanks first.

I&#39;ve played nearly all scout battels a couple times and learned a few things but since i was borrowing someone elses scouts i have only been able to try them out against 1 opponent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

Ahh okay. Well, good luck with the army then&#33; I think all-scout armies are quite difficult to use (heavy bolters are quite deadly all of a sudden), and I think it&#39;s really cool that you&#39;re playing with one&#33;
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by BorninDarkness@Apr 20 2003, 128
    Ahh okay. Well, good luck with the army then&#33; I think all-scout armies are quite difficult to use (heavy bolters are quite deadly all of a sudden), and I think it&#39;s really cool that you&#39;re playing with one&#33;
    ah but you see, almost no self respecting marine player uses heavy bolters since they aren&#39;t particularly painful for most marines, and imperial guard, well they&#39;re imperial guard ( :lol: ).

You&#39;ve got to admit though, when playing a mission that allows inflitrators, being able to force the other guy to set up almost all of his army when all you have deployed are tanks can break them fast. Its also fun to just sit back and stare at the other guy with an impasive careless look while you wait for him to deploy everything he has, and then take exquisate delight in having deployment advantages over him.

Besides, scouts really shine in close combat when they infiltrate. you can attempt to stage things so at the end of the other guys first turn he is just inches from charging range and then you can light him up AND charge him the following turn.

Anyway, like I&#39;ve said, i just like painting them thats all. Winnings not as big a deal for me.

Thanks for the comments BTW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

id do a bit of mix and match,

put cc +bp, shotguns and bolters togather in many units so its more well rounded, and the squad doesnt die really fast&#33;
    personally i dont think shotguns are good enough, especially in tournies where at least 50% of the armies are Space Marines

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast