Compled Latd List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pts

HQ
    1 Chaos Lord, MoK, B.Glaive, D.Essence, D.Stature, FnP, D.Speed, D.Strength, Frag Grenades, Move Through Cover 166pts
    2 Aspiring Champions, MoK, BP+P.Fist, D.Mutation, BannerofRage, D.Visage 79pts

Elites
    3 Obliterators 210pts
    8 Bloodletters 208pts

Troops
    3x5 Traitors, Mortar 165pts
    2x30 Mutants, 2 Flamers 372pts

Heavy Support
    3 Leman Russ Tanks, 3 H.Bolters 465pts

Strong CC and strong shooting. Lots of mutants to tie-up units while the Obs, Lord , Champs and Bloodletters do the damage. I could say the Russ Tanks can shield the Lord but the Lord is probably more durable!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a good LatD list (reminds me of my own...) but there's one major problem: your Lord is illegal. He currently has 105 points worth of Daemonic Gifts, and he can only have 100. You see, according to the CSM Codex FAQ, any upgrades from the Armoury of Khorne, Daemonic Gifts, and Daemonic Weapons all count as Daemonic Gifts. What I would do to fix this is replace Daemonic Speed with Daemonic Resilience - it will make your Lord that much harder to kill, and reducing his charge range is really not that big of a sacrifice. After all, he's going to be your opponents' first target, and the more shooting he soaks up, the more chances the rest of your army will have to kill your enemy. You may also want to give him a Personal Icon so you can summon the Bloodletters off of him.

As for other suggestions, you're going to need to give your traitor or mutant squads summoning icons so you can bring in your Bloodletters - right now there's no icons to summon them to in the entire army (at least, none that you listed). Also, I'm pretty sure that the only troop type that can take special banners or icons is a Chosen squad, so you'll have to lose the Banner of Rage on your Aspiring Champions. You may want to replace the Mark of Khorne with the Mark of Chaos Undivided on each Champion as well - it will make the squads they deploy with much less likely to run away.

I'm assuming that your Aspiring Champions will be deployed with your Mutant squads - here's a big time suggestion for you: upgrade one of your Mutants in each squad to a Boss as well, and give them each a Power Fist, especially if you use the Trial Assault Rules. Think about it: he has 3 base attacks (4 on the charge) and if you give your Mutant squad Laspistols too, that ups his attacks to 4 base/5 on the charge!

Otherwise, your army looks pretty good. I personally prefer Basilisks to Leman Russes, but that's purely a matter of opinion. Oh, and Mortars in your Traitor squads are a decent choice, but I would say that Missile Launchers will make them more tactically flexible, even though they'll be exposed to enemy fire. After all, each squad is only 55 points - who cares if you lose them?

Well, I hope my suggestions help you, and remember, they're only suggestions. Take what you will to heart, but remember, this is YOUR army, so treat it as such!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice list. I have to agree Parhaius with everything. If memory serves correct bosses can only take 15 points wargear and a powerfist costs 25 pts, so how can someone give a boss a powerfist? Its against the rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice suggestions.

Hmmm if I take away the Banner of Rage on both champs it becomes less worthwhile to field so many mutants so........

1500pts

HQ
    1 Chaos Lord, MoK, B.Glaive, D.Essence, D.Stature, FnP, D.Resilience, D.Strength, Frag Grenades, Spiky Bits 171pts
    2 Aspiring Champions, MoK, BP+P.Fist, D.Mutation, D.Visage 118pts

Elites
    3 Obliterators 210pts

Troops
    3x5 Traitors, Missile Launcher 165pts
    1x20 Mutants, 2 Flamers, Boss w/Powerfist 151pts
    1x19 Mutants, 2 Flamers, Boss w/Powerfist 145pts
    1x6 CSM, MoCU, BP+CCW, Lascannon 105pts

Heavy Support
    2 Leman Russ Tanks, 3 H.Bolters 310pts
    1 Basilisk, Indirect Fire 125pts

I think this list is more flexible but less brute force (probably since I miscalculated the pts too&#33. Mutant bosses get 15pt powerfists from the CSM list.

Should score quite well on composition with lots of pts in troops and a nice diverse list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You used the mutant squads as your compulsary troop choises correct? Because if you used the traitors as compulsary choices they have to be full strength. I rather like the list, even though that i use traitor heavy LatD lists myself and less mutants, as i've found it to be more effective.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warhawk101:

Actually, the Power Fist only costs non-independent Chaos characters 15 points, so it's perfectly legal to take it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah ok.... sorry about that I didnt have my codex with me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crapola! I was looking through this list again, and I noticed something: your allied CSM squad is listed as Troops and they have the Mark of Chaos Undivided. According to the LatD army list, if a CSM squad has ANY Mark they become an Elites choice. This includes MoCU! You may want to take away their Mark - buy an extra Mutant with the 6 points you'll save.

Closed Thread