1000 Grey Knight Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need feedback on this. I've used it before, but I alway mess up and forget the special rules (Shrouding, etc.)

HQ: Grand Master at 240 points
    Daemon Hammer, Nemisis Force weapon, bionics, Grimoire of true names, Hammer Hand, Sacred Incense, Icon of the Just.
    Retinue, 6 Terminators (230 points)

Troops:
    Grey Knights, 195 points.
    Justicar, Icon of the Just.
    Two Incinerators.

Grey Knights, 175 points.
    Justicar, Icon of the Just.

Inquisitorial Stormtroopers, 173 points, Krak Grenades.
    Veteran with Power Weapon, plasma pistol.
    One Flamer, one grenade launcher.

1013 points.
    I'm going to kill the plasma pistol to get rid of the extra points.
    Feedback, please!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

how many models in each squad
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok couple of things, mabe im not right here. But i would never take terminators in 1000 points, they are all too suspetible to being shot to pieces because of lack of other targets from your enemy. Another question, is this 1000 point list against deamons? because if not i would drop alot of that daemon killing gear, especially the daemon hammer, you already have a nemisis force weapon, why a daemon hammer too? Also, this to me has seemed to be true with all marine armies. the key to winning with them is have alot of basic marines, or in you're case grey knights, i just played a kid who took an inquisitor lord, retinue, grandmaster, 2 squads of 6 grey knights and a 5 man terminator squad. I only lost 5 models out of my 30. Though he lacked much stratagey, one of the keys to winning is army composition, he clearly lacked this. So take more normal grey knights, and if you dont have the points, get some allied space marines. Well, hope this helps a bit.
    Glory to Russ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The two grey knight squads are five guys, I took the daemon hammer because it looks cool, even if it doesn't win me any victories. And its fun to break stuff with.
    I used to have almost no terminators except for the Grand Master, and a lot of allied marines, but it turns out I can't use space marines and grey knights in the same army (Which was pointed out to me during a tourniment, which kinda sucks.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes you can, specificly in the daemon hunters codex it says you can take allied marine or imperial gaurd contingents, i have seen it done before and its very effective, it also show an allied contingent like that in the codex, except it was imperial gaurd
    Glory to Russ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It also says somewhere on page 30:
    Grey Knights and Allied Space Marines may not be used in the same force.
    That rule must die......you can use SM with allied grey knights, just not the other way around...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

firstly,down-price your GM. at 100pt. i would not give the GM any stuff as he is already good enough and would possibly even think about a BC if u really need the points

secondly, get more GK as u need more models as u will be easily overwhelmed by any army with this

thridly, bulk up your GK squads (up to at least 7 if not 8 men) and get a small (5-man) fast attack squad to deep stirk in and help out where it is needed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

10 man GK squad with an icon of the just.........300pts...........keep it as a teleport attack squad.
    A Rhino? SLOTH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would do both, but a few things: A) I go with the idea that one model can win the battle. It does me well. B) I still have to get my GK, as this is all the Daemon hunter models I have at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok for the post about no allied marines, it says at the bottom of page 30 in BIG bold writing, "Remember that either Inducted Imperial Guard or Allied Space Marines can be used in a Daemonhunters army, but not both" Basically, you can have marines, but no IG, if you have GK and SM. So basically... its like this: GK-SM, or GK-IG.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast