Best unit for pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

Best unit for pts

Hey,

I was rather board and decided to start a thread about what the best unit is for the amount of pts it costs. When I say "unit", I mean anything from 1 squad to 1 model, to even a vehicle.

If you are comparing, or debating which units are more cost effective, then compare squads with squads of the same role, for example comparing one CC squad and another CC squad. This is because units with different roles will be better at different things. Anyway...

Some CC squads that came to mind were Wyches and Genestealers. Both are pretty powerful. Genestealers rending makes them worth while, and the Wyches cheap cost and weapons work good too.

When I was thinking about vehicles, one in paticular that came to mind was the Falcon. When you give it the Holo field, and Spirit Stones it can be very hard to destroy; especially when moving over 6in.

Anyway, enough of my rambling. So, whats your thoughts?

Ben

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know everyone is going to hate me for this but - Land Speeder Tornado or Falcon. Both skimmers, both survivable if used correctly, both tactical (in missions) and both can take on anything.

My 2 cents.

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

here's a few that should come pretty close:-

Obliterators
    Monolith
    Terminators
    Tyranid warriors

Most of those are pretty survivable and can deal out lots of damage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

I have yet to find a better deal than the standard Chaos Space Marine. Fantastic statline, great options and a rock solid leadership. They cost one point less than loyalist marines, and have better ld.

A squad of these with say a missile launcher, champ with fist is cheap and able to deal with most things in the game. That missile launcher and powerfist is probably the most cost effective points you can spend in this game (same goes for loyalist marines).

I also have to mention Daemonettes. In most situations they perform just as well as genestealers (due to rending), but since they are summoned they almost always get to charge in full force. The standard squad in my Emperors Children army costs 90 points! And they have dealt with TMCs, dreadnoughts and just about anything else.

Obliterators have been mentioned, and I agree. Three of these have the firepower and survivability of a Havoc/devastator squad, due to 6 wounds with the toughnes and save to keep them going. And they always have the right weapon for the job.

Arizzar
    If the radiance of a thousand suns
    Were to burst at once into the sky,
    That would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...
    I am become Death,
    The shatterer of Worlds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Well technically the standard marine is the best vaule for points.

Why over say his chaos brethren (who can get all these vet skills)?

"and they shall know no fear" is THE best rule in the game hands down, this combined with marine LD means that they very rarely run let alone for long.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have always found the regular Dark Eldar warrior to be very worth its mere 8 points. WS4 BS4 S3 T3 I5 W1 L8 A1 Sv 5+. It has a higher initiave then a regular space marine and matches space marines in weapon skill and balistic skill. And for only 100 points a squad of 10 warriors can take 2 Dark Lances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

251 (x8)

But what lets a DE warrior down is its lack of decent save and T3, really you can't beat a marine for efficiency vs points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

Hey Drew,

I like your imput but could you please edit out the stats of your post? It's against forum rules.

Thanks!
    Ben

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x7)

I wouldn't put it past the humble dark eldar warrior, for half the points of a marine, it has an aspect warriors statline and the equivelent of hellguns. They are very cheap, have acess to one of the best transports in the game considering points, access to an awesome squad leader and 4 weapon upgrades, they can be equipt with 4 anti tank weapons or 4 anti infantry or a mixture of both and you can field heaps of them. They are very multi purpose, gunboats, sniper squads, wwp carriers, horde tactics, cc squad whatever, they can do it.

What else?...... Necron Warriors, wyches, wraithlords, archon/archites, lots of other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd have to say two of the most effective troops are the Tau Fire Warrior, and the WH Battle Sister. Firewarriors get a standard S5 weapon, and Sisters get Power Armor, Bolters, and access to Acts of Faith. :yes:
    Exorcist Kills:
    Predator Annihilator
    Skyray
    Leman Russ
    Pirahna
    Chimera
    Wartrukk
    Nob
    5 Tactical Squad Marines
    2 Raiders

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast