Night Lords, 1850 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos Lord - 187
    MoCU, Dark Blade, BP, Frag/Melta, Personal Icon, Spiky Bits, Daemonic: Aura, Essence, Flight, Mutation, Visage

4 X 5 man las-plas, MoCU, Stealth Adept - 105 each

2 X 7 man rhino squad - 224 each
    MoCU, 4 BP & CCW, 2 flamers
    1 Asp Champ w/ power fist, spiky bits, d. mutation

2 X 6 furies - 90 each

6 Raptors - 258
    3 meltas
    1 Asp Champ w/ power fist, spiky bits, d. mutation
    MoCU all around

2 X 5 man Havocs - 170 each
    3 Missile Launchers, 1 Autocannon, MoCU, Tank Hunters

Comments?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope you don't face Ordnance. First target would be Raptors or Havocs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes!! very cheesy you got 4 minimum sized squads with heavy weapons. you have 2 squads in rhino's.....so whats protecting your little squads, havocs and raptors?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, It's not really fluff-consistant. Night lords are a fast hard-hitting relentless, cold insatiable army that needs to ride in fast and come out smiling (or at least bloody).

I'm not a night lords player, but trust me, I've spent many a night searching for that perferct army list.

What I had was a lord w/ Flight that went with 2 squads of raptors, 6 in each squad.

I had 2 squads of 10 in rhinos w/ asp champs, furious charge and melta guns (no heavy weapons).

I used chosen, a 6 man chosen squad w/ 2 heavy bolters, stealth, infiltrate, and move through cover (which was expensive, but in playtesting extremely effective)

I used obliterators (because I had them) to deep strike and annihilate.

A squad of havocs w/ tank hunters and R-launchers was thrown in for some cover fire.
    And that was about it, try using the squads of CSM as assaulty, and not shooty, I'm sure you'll get better results.

Mad Props to Angel_of_Rust for the sig.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say this list is certainly fluffy!

Look, night lords have stealth adepts and night vision for a reason, and it's not to help out raptors, furies, lords, or rhinos. Part of the fluff is hard hitting assault sqauds. The other part is the terrorist mavericks cutting communication lines and striking from the shadows. I can't think of anything more fluffy than small squads of men, carrying missile launchers on their shoulders, crouching skillfully in cover and picking off the tougher enemy targets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, to me, I see night lords as the attackers.... always. I don't see the point of having 4 X 5 las-plas squads standing in the dark waiting for someone to come at them, sounds like IG tactics. And a small squad of men hiding in the shadows is alpha legion. I say get 10 man squads of csm's in rhinos w/ furious charge, only use 1 or maybe 2 squads of skirmishers like my chosen w/ infiltrate, 2 heavy bolters, and stealth adept. Having too many skirmishers is guerrilla warfare, not hard hitting.

Mad Props to Angel_of_Rust for the sig.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me tell you something. I tried the whole 5 man squads with my night lords army and it was horrible. They will have to start testing quickly and if they get assulted then they will surely die. I had better luck going with 3 (man squad then with 4 (5)man squads. I usually on go with 6-8 for my havocs though. I'd suggest a bigger squad for you raptors though.... and maybe just have one 10 man furies squad and fill up another fast attack spot with maybe some bikes.... my 3 bikes do wonders for me... they tend to last with T5 and can tie people up in CC and usually last. Bikes won my last game tying up a bunch of crisis suits and a fast attack squad of those little drones. They killed off a good number of them and when they finally died they were outnumbered since the rest of my army did thier job and wiped out enough of the enemy.

Also seeing as how the havoc squads are 170 pts each... I'd drop one of them and maybe grab a obliterator squad..... sure it's 210 pts but damn they are worth it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5 man squads just never seen to make points, they get shot, especially havocs, because you after 1 wound have to start taking out heavy wepons. i would say, take out one squad or raptors and make your havocs, raptors, and normal marine squads bigger, at least 8 man
    Quote of the week: "dude, for a whole hour, i would fall asleep!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

having 5 man squads sucks because...
    1. Un-fluffy
    2. Powergamers choice
    3. Get shot to bits and easily get shot and reduced to half strenth giving your oppponent victory points

Have 8 man squads and that is including havocs.

A really funny thing to do is shuv 10 havocs in a rhino and upgrade 4 of'em to have flamers. Believe me the last thing an orc/nid player wants to see is 4 flamer templates. Its just funny try it on your mates.

DI
    Da Future Is Bright, Da futures Green

Ogre Kingdoms 0-0-0
    40k Chaos 5-0-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have to agree with the 8 man squad size idea, remeber for awile I played vanilla marines and used 5 man squads, they would get totaly obliterated by shooting and ccw. But when you have you're more expensive squads with marks skills and the such its even worse to lose them

Closed Thread