'1250' Point Imperial Guard Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all! I have devised this army list with the intention of destroying the local Ork army. Let me know what you think and of any alterations that you believe will assist in his annihilation or have just found useful against Orks in general. Thanks!

DOCTRINES:
    * Drop Troops
    * Close Order Drill
    * Iron Discipline
    * Sharpshooters

HQ (25

Command Platoon. * Iron Discipline. Heroic Senior Officer, 'Caldin' - carapace armour, bolter, power weapon. 1 Guardsman - master vox-caster. 2 Guardsmen - missile launcher & lasgun. 1 Standard Bearer - bolter.

Anti-tank Support Squad
    *Sharpshooters. 6 Guardsmen - 3 lascannons & 3 lasguns.

TROOPS (667)

Infantry Platoon #1
    Command Squad Purple. *Iron Discipline, *Close Order Drill. Junior Officer, 'Wulf' - bolt pistol, power weapon. 1 Guardsman - lasgun. 2 Guardsmen - missile launcher & lasgun. 1 Guardsman - vox-caster.

Infantry Squad #1a. *Sharpshooters, *Close Order Drill. vox-caster, heavy bolter.

Infantry Squad #2a. *Sharpshooters, *Close Order Drill. vox-caster, heavy bolter.

Infantry Squad #3a. *Sharpshooters, *Close Order Drill. vox-caster, heavy bolter.

Platoon #2
    Command Squad Blue, *Iron Discipline, *Close Order Drill. Junior Officer, 'Ridge' -bolt pistol, power weapon. 1 Guardsman - lasgun. 2 Guardsmen - missile launcher & lasgun. 1 Guardsman - vox-caster.

Infantry Squad #1b. *Sharpshooters, *Close Order Drill. vox-caster, autocannon.

Infantry Squad #2b. *Sharpshooters, *Close Order Drill. vox-caster, autocannon.

Infantry Squad #3b. *Sharpshooters, *Close Order Drill. vox-caster, autocannon.

HEAVY SUPPORT (322)

Leman Russ Battle Tank #1 - 'Caldin's Hammer' .
    1 hull mounted heavy bolter, 2 sponson heavy bolters, search light, smoke luanchers, extra armour.

Leman Russ Battle Tank #2 - 'Old Grinder'.
    1 hull mounted heavy bolter, 2 sponson heavy bolters, search light, smoke luanchers.

IG since '95.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

In your mind - well you cant prove im not.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is comming from an ork and imperial guard player.

no matter what if the ork plyer is good he will out number you and out shoot you. So if i was you i would go heavey on heavey bolters.There is no point in taking that many docterins or that powerfull hq, because u know no matter what if they get in your goin to get wacked.
    The poster formaly known as VampireSoul, formaly known as OrkSlugga now known as Orkslugga.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Give the Sr. Officer a Bolt Pistol instead of a Bolter. Extra attack.

Change the Lascannon squad to a Heavy Bolter squad. If Kans annoy you, you've got some Autocannons.

If the Orks are Burna heavy (like mine), drop the Close Order Drill. It's a good doctrine, but fire shuts it down fast.

Add some fire of your own. Give your Command Squads Flamers. Orks don't like fire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x6)

For some reason xeno fighters is going through my mind what type of orks does he play, and dont drop theyll hit you even sooner, maybe some rats to pin them down.
    Veni Vidi Variant
    I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.

The spikey ones go faster.

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.

Saga of the Ages. Click it.

Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

use heavy flamers that will burn some orks and heavy bolter instead of lascannons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x6)

use heavy flamers
    he cant there not jungle fighters
    Veni Vidi Variant
    I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.

The spikey ones go faster.

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.

Saga of the Ages. Click it.

Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i should use the tree heavy bolters in a fire support squad and the lascannons in a normal squad because three lasconnons to getter will take a lot of firepower but the rest seams fine with me and i should drop some sharpshooters and use a commiser

Closed Thread