Vanis Assassin - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Vanis Assassin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x6)

Since I have been completely unable to find anything about the Vanis Assassins I have decided to make up some rules for one

Vanis Assassin +100 points

Cardinal Faustus walked down the hallway of the cathedral towards his private room his new bodyguards, Chaos Marines of the Night Lords legion, stood on either side of the hallway at attention. He allowed himself a small smile as he closed the door behind himself, nothing was getting in here. He sat down at his desk and was suddenly startled from his reverie by the sound of screams of terror from the hallway, with a start he realised they were the voices of his bodyguards. His handunsteady he picked an ornately crafted laspistolup off his desk, slowly and deliberately the knob turned and the door began to open. Cardinal Faustus put the gun against his temple and pulled the trigger.

Vanis Assassin
    Wargear
    Cloak of the Night- As Vindicare stealth suit, also gives +1 cover save in cover and a 6+ cover save in the open.

Neural Destructor- Range: template Strength: LD 9 Ap: 1 Assault 1, causes D3 on the penetrating hits table to vehicles, any unit suffering a casualty from a Neural Destructor must take a LD test at -1 LD for each casualty

Blade of Nightmares- Power weapon hits on a 3+

Special Rules: Aura of Terror: All enemy models within 16" are at -1 LD, in addition any enemy unit must pass a LD check to charge the Vanis, and must take a LD test in each round of combat or fallback normally

Veni Vidi Variant
    I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.

The spikey ones go faster.

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.

Saga of the Ages. Click it.

Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks good, but the Neural Destructor combined with the Aura of Terror may be to powerful. Good fluff by the way

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

116 (x6)

its still 150 points thats is useless from 0ver 16" away and not too useful when over 8"
    Thanks about the fluff I spent some time on it
    Veni Vidi Variant

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh its 150, I thought it was 100 points. I might play test him soon, want me to give you feedback once I do?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

try this one on for size

Venenum Assassin

assassin statline

fearless, dodge, infiltrate

Polymorphine: as callidus assassin, basically is in reserve, when ready can deploy anywhere on the table not within 1" of an enemy model.

Weapons: Poisoned Darts, Toxifex

Poisoned Darts:

range str ap special
    12" X 6 Assault 2, always wounds on 4+

Toxifex: This is a system that serves to filter out the variety of poisons that a venenum assassin naturally generates within his or her body. These are pumped through a variety of intravenous tubes into either twin blades at the wrists or the two fangs that are surgically impanted into the venenum assassin's face. It counts as two weapons, so the assassin will get the +1 attack bonus, and always wounds on a 4+. In addition, select one of the three additional attack modes listed below to use each assault phase.

Corrosive Acid: This toxic liquid can eat through ceramite, and its effects are horrendous when used on living beings. Inflicts two wounds with each unsaved wound instead of 1; alternatively, when used against vehicles, grants an armor penetration of 4+2d6.

Bio-Sublimating Venom: This chemical breaks down the genetic material of the target, causing all biological reactions to come to a screeching halt and the organism to decay into a puddle of formless goo. Always wounds on 2+.

Toxic Cloud: This airborne poison is not stopped by any sort of physical protection, and clogs the oxygen receptors in the lungs while simultaneously dissolving the blood vessel lining of the body, causing a messy and painful death. Ignores armor saves. Invulnerable saves are still allowed.

Special Rules

Aura of Venom: The Venenum assassin constantly gives off a cloud of poisonous substances, either as waste products from the chemical processes ocurring in its body, or as a purposeful attempt to make life that much more difficult for the enemy. At the beginning of the controlling player's shooting phase, roll a dice for every model within 6" of the venenum assassin, friend or foe. On a roll of a 5 or 6, the model must make an armor save or suffer a wound.

Tell me what you think. On the Vanus: needs to be toned down a bit. I think changing the blade of nightmares to do something different, say making it a power weapon that made the target take a leadership test or die outright, would be cool. Also, that aura thing is too much like the culexus assassin. You could change the Vanus to be more overtly psychic, like having a bolt of change-level power. Too much of what i see there is like the other assassins wargear, only better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice Gutzdreg that's great. How many points is it though? I like the poison theme, that's cool, something I thought the assasins should have. Come on, their assasins!

On the Vanis, it's pretty good, but a psychic assasin would be cool, the others pretty much cover all the combat types and there is even a anti-psychic assasin. Maybe I'll come up with something in a bit and post it here. Got a few ideas but they need some refining.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

116 (x6)

Yeah I'd love feed back
    and Gutzdreg how'd you know I was busy on a Venenum assassin that was a poison master
    Veni Vidi Variant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because great minds think alike, sithjack.

Anyway, i already knew a bit about venenum assassins from the blurb in Codex: Assassins, and though they didn't seem like battlefield assassins, i wrote up some rules for them while my calculus teacher botched explaining integrals to the class. I saw your post and it reminded me to post it.

Points... hmmm.... maybe about 115.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

I like both of these, especially the vanis. There should be a pro-psyker assassin as well as the anti-psyker culexus
    --Monsieur

"Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they're yours"
    -Zen proverb
    Have you been touched?
    Pirate's Haven

USE TEH REP BUTTON

Closed Thread