Khorne Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Khorne Army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just started with 40K, and I tried to put together a sufficient Khornate army. It's not pure world eaters because of the Obliterators, but everything else is Khornate. Its expensive, but I usually just pick and choose my force according to the opponent. It's fared me well so far but I'de like some hints and suggestions, or things i have done wrong etc. here goes-

HQ
    ?180-Kharn The Betrayer
    145-Daemon Prince-Daemonic Mutation, Daemonic Strength, Mark of Khorne, Berserker Glaive, Feel No Pain, Daemon Armor, Daemonic Resilience.

Elites
    210-Obliterators (3)
    450-Teminators (10), Champion (1), Lascannon (1), Chainfist (5), Reaper Autocannon (2)

Fast Attack
    210-Flesh Hounds (10)
    136-Bikes (4)

Troops
    465-Berzerkers (10)-Feel No Pain, Talisman of Burning Blood, Rage of Khorne, Khornate Chainaxe, Krak Grenades, Aspiring Champion.
    520-Bloodletters (20)

Heavy Support
    115-Dreadnought- Multi Melta (+40)
    175-Defiler-Barrage

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I'm assuming that it's not world eaters due to the obliterators. Even though we went over the feel no pain, 400+ pts is way too much for 10 berzerkers that could be destroyed in shooting. plus the terminators are cost heavy as well, I would not suggest a unit of 10. get more berzerkers and don't rely too much on daemons, they are good, but they are good in moderation.

Mad Props to Angel_of_Rust for the sig.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah the berzerker squad is actually made up of 20 berzerkers, not 10...my bad. also im probably getting rid of the terminators entirely, they just take up points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suggest adding another squad of berzerkers (or a few, w/ 8(I think is his number) per squad so u get an aspiring champion for free). So like 3 squads of 8, you might also want to add bloodletters, then maybe a small squad of terminators, like a squad of 5. how about that for a start?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks, i kinda went crazy when i first made the list and didn't care for the point costs.
    so should i split up my current amount of berzerkers or add more as well?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya, I say have about 3 squads of 8, keep the bikers, and the obliterators (I love them) and pretty much don't go too points heavy 'cept for DP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

awesome, thanks for the help. i'll edit my list and post it again forr review when i've made the changes. other suggestions still welcome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

8 is a fun number!!!

you get free aspiring champions in a squad of 8, right?

you need to chop this list down a bit, but remember, the most important section of the army is your troops section! make sure you have the most points in troops, i made the mistake with tau of taking only the minimum number of troops required and i lost alot and often,

i might play you with tau, and use max amount of troops! how does 72 str5 shots at 30in sound to you? cool, eh?

make multiple lists, one for 1500, one for 2000, and one for 2500,
    make diffrent lists for diffrent styles of fighting, prepare for the swarm, ha!

genestealers fight! go fiends of the swarm!

Closed Thread