2000pt Space Wolf Army Help! Is It O.k - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

< hi my name is chris plz tell me if my army list is up 2 scratch&#33;&#33;&#33;

HQ
    wolf lord @ 433pts
    MC frost axe , artifecir armor, wolf pelt , wolf tooth necklace belt of russ
    -----4 wolf guard
    plasma pistol, power weapon
    -----Rhino
    stormbolter smoke grenades

wolf priest @ 393pts
    bolt pistol, MC power weapon, iron wolf amulet, wolf tooth necklace,wolf pelt, runic armor
    -----4 wolf guard
    plasma pistol, power weapon

TROOPS
    10 grey hunters @ 247pts
    bolt pistol and power weapons (*2) meltagun (*1)
    frag grenades
    1 wolf guard leader
    plasma pistol, power weapon, wolf pelt, wolf tooth necklace

10 grey hunters @ 247 pts
    same as above

10 grey hunters @ 247 pts
    same as above

10 wolf scouts @ 233pts
    bolt pistol and cc weapons (* meltaguns (*1) power weapon (*1)
    wolf guard leader
    plasma pistol, power fist, wolf pelt, wolf tooth necklace

ELITES
    venerable dread --------------- have u seen the forge world dread it is b-e-a-utiful
    @ 205pts
    storm bolter, plasma cannon
    cc dread arm, searchlight

so wot do u fink i am open to any critism and any help would b very apreciated
    and don&#39;t b 2 harsh i am only young&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First off welcome to LO (libararium online)

Secondly, I guess you have not got the Codex (from some of the mistakes you have made)

- Scouts are Elite, not troops
    - Limit of 6 scouts per team.
    - You need 3 HQ&#39;s per 750 pts of space wolves.
    - NO BLOOD CLAWS&#33;&#33;&#33; Blood claws are almost essential&#33; You can 3 powerfists in a pack of 15 blood claws, each having 4 attacks on the charge. Blood claws also cost only 14 points.
    - Your army is going to be very slow, without any rhinos for your troops.
    - Get rid of the excess wargear you have on your Wolf guard leaders, and strip them down to weapons, and maybe one piece of wargear.
    - Make your Wolf priest join your squads, and get rid of his wolf guard, as they are to expensive.
    - In a 2000 pt army, you have nothing long ranged (over 12"), which can kill tanks reliably (not including the plasma cannon) . You will get ripped apart by tank heavy guard armys,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thxs for da info but......................

me and 2 staff members made up this army list i took my to scout units and put them 2gether finkin i could thanks for that but my army is strikly combat for a couple of reasons

A) my army runs towards the enemy and then when they reach they devestate they r all mobile bcause the space wolf when faced by 2 rhinos 33 men runnin towards u and 10 scouts with 4 power weapons turns up behind u u get a bit worried don&#39;t u&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

thanks for the info and i will make adjustments :lol:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and 10 scouts with 4 power weapons turns up behind u u get a bit worried don&#39;t u&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    Erm...,nope, cause only one scout unit can use the behind enemy lines rule, so one will have to deploy normally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kk cool i rele need to invest in a codex i had 1 b4 but sum pikey nicked it&#33;&#33;&#33;

any way i am enterin a cityfight campaign in 4 weeks time wot do u think is a must for me army
    and i am hosting it so hip hip hooray wot i say goes&#33;&#33;&#33;

and thank u 4 da info i am rele thankfull

any more critism is great bcause i need all the help i can get

chris, 13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First you need to get the codex and build the army within the force structure restrictions for a Space Wolf army. As TEXE2003 pointed out you have a number of illegalities that are going to change your army a lot to fix them.

Second, especially in cityfight, you need to have more options and more troops. There are too many points tied up in fancy wargear and expensive elites, with only three troop picks of 30 total guys. In a 2000 point army that&#39;s bad.

If you are going to fight in a campaign, you will face a variety of enemies and tactics. Your current list is very single tactic oriented. Going up against Dark Eldar for example, you would find they&#39;ll run circles around you. Against Orks you&#39;ll be overrun. 30 some guys may be tough, but get 80+ Orks piling in on you and you&#39;ll have some problems. Even though the marines are superior individually, they can be swamped by Orks and beaten.

You need some variety and the ability to deal with hoard armies, fast armies, and heavy weapon/shooty armies. Essentially you need a more balanced army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i rele do know about this but i don&#39;t know wot to invest in i am currently 1500pts and dat was a sujeestion list but from this list wot should i change and wot should i scrap
    :a

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok

Scrap

1 bodyguard of Wolf Guard
    20 Grey hunters
    5 Wolf scouts
    1/3 Wolf guard for the Grey hunters
    All the wargear of the Wolf guard leaders, except the weapons
    Have less plasma pistols.

Get

-Ven dread as a HQ
    -About 30/40 Blood claws, 2 packs of 15 with 3 power fists (may have to be done -through Mail order), and 1 pack of 10, with 2 power fists, in a rhino with your wolf priest.
    -Either
    - Blood claws on bikes
    - Attack bike squadron
    - 1/2 Land speeders

-A predator with 3 lascannons, or (maybe this option would be better in a street fight) a long fang squad of 4 with a pack leader, with 2 lascannons, 1 plasma cannon and a missile launcher, and pack leader with a power claw and a bolt pistol.

These are my opinions of what I would have. You don&#39;t have to, i&#39;m just giving you advice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks 4 da advice but i am a lil. short in dosh money is slim and i can&#39;t spend much until after crimbo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair enough, I have the same problem. Some of changes you can already make, and the most essential thing is bulking up your force with a squad of blood claws (3 power fists are not essential).

Anyway, good luck, regardless of what you play.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast