Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Space Wolf Army List!

1K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  HowlAtTheMoon!! 
#1 ·
Ok.. After much thought (And time :p) I've come up with this

HQ

Wolf Lord 176pts
Wolf Tooth Necklace
Frost Blade
Belt of Russ
Wolf pelt
Frag and Krak Grenades
Bolter
Runic armor
Runic Charm

Bodyguard 305pts
(Wolf Lord)
1 With Wolf pelt, Power fist, Boltpistol.
1 With Wolf pelt, Power sword, Bolter.
1 With Wolf pelt, Power sword, Bolter, Great chapter banner.
1 With Wolf pelt, Power sword, Bolt pistol

Razor Back +75pts

Wolf Priest 196pts

Wolf Tooth Necklace
Frost Axe
Frag and Krak Grenades
Runic armor
Bike
Runic charm

Venerable dreadnought 155pts

Assault cannon

ELITE

Wolf scouts 104pts

4 With Closecombat weapons and Bolt pistols
1 With Melta Gun
1 With CloseCombat weapons and a Plasma Pistol.

TROOPS

Greyhunters 207pts

7 With Bolters
1 With Meltagun
1 Wolf guard with Wolf pelt, Power sword, Bolt pistol.

Blood Claws Alpha 230pts

9 With Close Combat weapons And Bolt pistols
1 Wolf guard with Wolf pelt, Power Fist, Bolt pistol

Rhino

Blood Claws Beta 230pts

9 With CloseCombat weapons and Bolt pistols
1 Wolf guard with Wolf pelt, Power fist, Bolt pistol

Rhino

FAST ATTACK 113pts

Blood Claw bikers 113pts

3 Bikes

1 With Power fist
1 With powersword

HEAVY SUPPORT

Lemon Russ Exterminator 195pts

Heavy bolters
Heavy bolter

Long Fangs 246pts

1 Pack Leader with Power axe and Bolt pistol
1 With Lascannon
1 With Heavy bolter
1 With Plasma Cannon
1 With MultiMelta

Total: 2157 POINTS

See less See more
#2 ·
I'd recommend you drop the krak grenades. If you want anti armor grenades, use meltabombs, otherwise don't waste the points.

Your thee man bike squad is way too small to do anything. Either drop them completely, get a full squad, or replace them with two attack bikes/ landspeeders. With the points you save from the krak you could get one bike with a heavy bolter and one with a multi-melta. They will put out a lot more firepower and help with the ranged heavy weapons Wolves are so lacking.

I would actually switch the Wolf Priest with the Rune Priest and put him with one of the larger BC packs to provide control and storm caller protection. Then replace the three bikes with two attack bikes or land speeders.

If you're set on a bike pack, you could afford more by replacing the weapons in the LF pack with missile launchers, drop one or more WG from the body guard. For even more points, eliminate the bodyguard, replace them with a troop pack and put your HQ in with them in a Rhino, then get more bikes. If you do decide on the bikes, having a character on a bike, like you set up already, is definitely a good idea.

Personally I feel the LR Exterminator is too expensive. I'd rather have a Predator and Whirlwind instead. Of course it is a cool model, very wolfy, and in the right situation can do so serious damage. It's just not my cup of tea.

#3 ·
ok, a few things need to be said. you first should take full advantage of the blood claws ability to take power weapons/power fists. second, wolf scouts, why no melta bmobs? you clearly have them pretty set up for tank hunting from behind enemy lines(because thats their main purpose in the army list). I agree about the bikes, way to small of a pack, they would get slaughtered. Why no wolf tooth necklaces on the wolf gaurd?!!!! in my opinoin the wolf tooth necklave is the best piece of wargear for the price that the space wolves get. Also with the long fangs, make it 2 of one heavy weapon and two of another, this will make them much more effective and allow them to still split their fire effectivly. well those are my thoughts.

Glory to Russ!

#4 ·
first of all, you're wrong wolfraider, you can't use storm caller on a bike. you can however mount the rune prist on top of a rhino and have him use it there. but you're right about the bike squad, way too small. get rid of it.

only 29 troops with a 2150 army? what's up with that? first, listen to wolfraider and get rid of the body gaurd (i'd also get rid of the razorback and alot of the wargear). with the points get more troops! and give your rhinos extra armor, otherwise they'll never make it up to the front.

and with the blood claw packs, powerfist them up! that's why they're in the army! you can get a power fist for every 5th troop rounding up so in a squad of 8 or 9 you can get two power fists and witha wolf guard leader you can have 3. kill the bike squad to get the extra points.

give the scouts better weapons. give them plasma pistols, power weapons, and a melta gun, and give them all melta bombs.

for heavy support get rid of the leman russ and get more long fangs. for the squads in one have two plasma cannons and two missile lauchers and in the other get two las cannons and two heavy bolters.

and get rid of the points for gear. that makes people mad.

#9 ·
You are sort of asking to be over run with this army, especially with the mistake of getting the LR exterminator (which is over priced for its job), and only having 3 bikes will not make a lot of an impact. And you should decide your tactics before you decide the models, not the other way round, as you will know what models you need for certain jobs in the tactic.
Your wolf lord seems to be under priced, as following what I have in my codex he costs 168 pts (my calculator might be playing up tho). Take off the grenades, and have bionics instead (he will have 100 points of wargear).
Give your scouts meltabombs if you can afford them as well.

#10 ·
I apologize in advance because I don't know Space Wolves rules, but why the razorback for the wolf lord and his bodygaurd? It doesn't have a weapon upgrade. If you can (again, don't know space wolves) either turn that troop carrier into a rhino to shace points, or give it a weapon (lascannon and twin linked plasma).
You should get more bang for the buck that way. Sorry if I'm wrong about the Space Wolves rules, but I think if you can, you should add in some more fire power.

#11 ·
hi this is dark wolf and i have to say that your army is strong in some place but weak in others

1st off no exterminator (leman Russ) for it's points it doesn't do wot is should

2nd off for 2000pts you don't have enough men come on!! drop the exterminator for another squad of blood claws

3rd off the wolf guard bodyguard because for there points all it takes is a well placed ordanance blast and you loose 305pts it is rediculous!! so drop them for another unit ofblood claws or for a predator to make up for the lose of the leman russ

of course these are just surjestions and you don't have to follow them!!

your friend
the dark wolf!!

#13 ·
Ok..

Tactics: 1 Pack of bloodclaws and the Wolf lord in the bodyguard go right.
1 Pack of Blood claws the bikes and wolf lord go left.
The Dreadnought, Exterminator, Long Fangs and Greyhunters stay center
The Right and Left force move quickly down the Flanks.
The Center Go slowly up the center blasting everything.
Then after a while they will close in on the enemy.

Pincer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#14 ·
Originally posted by Sendego66@Dec 20 2003, 20:45
first of all, you're wrong wolfraider, you can't use storm caller on a bike. you can however mount the rune prist on top of a rhino and have him use it there.
Wolf Raider's never wrong, only misquoted ;) I didn't say anyting about using the Rune Priest on the bikes, but replace the Wolf Priest with the Rune Priest and put him with the BCs.

However you certainly CAN use a Rune Priest with a bike squad. He just can't use Storm Caller on the bikes for any effect, since they can't benefit from cover. He could cast it on another unit within range. Imagine a Rune Priest zipping around the battlefield on a bike casting storms where needed.

#15 ·
Ok.. I took Wolf priest for two reasons.

1. Better leadership.. For The Bloodclaw bikers have leadership 8
2. Free Invunerable save. (Well Not free.. Because it's included in the points coast)

Also.. I jus got $50 from my grandparents ( <:))

So tell me what to buy...

Also.. I'll have the moddified list in by Sat....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.