2000pt Tau Force - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, this is the army i want to use, the colour scheme is white and black with red, so white armour, black cloth and red detailing like on the guns and such and as far as moddeling, my ethereal is the Aun'shi model (as a normal ethereal) and the HQ Shas'o and shas'vres all have O'Shovah's sword (purly for decoration). one thing, i cant stand kroot and really dont want to use them. so this is what i want to use/buy, and at this moment in time, i am in possesion of the hammerhead, 1 squad of FWs, a broadside, one of my Shas'O's Shas'vre and my ethereal

HQ
    Ethereal Aun'va Ro 87pts
    Honour Blade, drone controller (1 shield, 1 gun)

Shas'o Mont'yr Kais 317pts
    flamer, missile pod, shield generator, HW multi tracker
    -Shas'vre
    fusion blaster, missile pod, shield generator, HW multi tracker
    -Shas'vre
    fusion blaster, missile pod, shield generator, HW multi tracker

Troops
    Firewarriors Shas'la 1 92pts
    5 Shas'la w/rifles, 1 Shas'ui w/carbine
    Firewarriors Shas'la 2 92pts
    Firewarriors Shas'la 3 92pts
    Firewarriors Shas'la 4 92pts
    Firewarriors Shas'la 5 92pts

Elites
    Chrisis team Or'es'ka 178pts
    2 Shas'la (twin linked missile pods, target lock)
    1 Shas'vre (twin linked missile pode, target lock)
    Chrisis team Suam 208pts
    2 Shas'la (flamer, burst cannon, shield genrator)
    1 Shas'vre (flamer, burst cannon, shield genrator)

Fast Attack
    Pathfinder Team Kunas 1 175pts
    4 Shas'la, 1 Shas'ui, devilfish
    Pathfinder Team Kunas 2 175pts
    4 Shas'la, 1 Shas'ui, devilfish

Heavy Support
    Broadside Team Elan 240pts
    2 Shas'ui (multi tracker, smart missile system, twin-linked railgun)
    1 Shas'ui Team Leader (multi tracker, twin-linked plasma rifles, twin-linked railgun)
    Hammerhead Ship Anuk'va 155pts
    Rail Gun, 2 Burst Cannons, Decoy Launchers, Targetting Array
    Total:1995

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All the components look fine, but I personally wouldn't arrange them the way you have.

I have only used a bodyguard 2 times and now I think it is better not to. It's more flexible for your commander to be able to join and unjoin units and be protected from targetting by the opponent. Let him pick and choose who he wants to join or stand near based on the circumstances. More on the shas'o. Most Tau players I know would never put a flamer on the shas'o. there are a FEW circumstances where arguably a flamer on a crisis suit might make sense, but none comes to mind right now. Certainly not against marines, but maybe guard or Orks? Remember, the plasma rifle can be a crisis suits best friend.

Your ethereal. You have an ethereal which is good. More of a matter of taste. I take one about half the time. There really is no reason to give him the honor blade unless you expect to get him into HtH. I strongly advise against it. Keep him with the regular weapons and make the second drone a shield drone. Protect him.

Troops. Not sure there is a significant enough advantage to giving one FW a carbine. You have a 50% chance of wounding, then usually a 66% chance to wound. Against a marine who has a 66% chance to save. Then if he suffers a wound he still has to fail a leadership test for pinning. Not very good odds. To top it off the carbine is worthless until your are within 18". If you move the squad to get within range then the other guys can only shoot 12". I won't say it is bad to upgrade on to shas'ui, but you do have an ethereal who lets you re-roll all morale tests. I personally would save my points when using small squads as you indicate. Nothing wrong with samll squads by the way. The dilute enemy fire, a good thing.

Heavies. Nothing really wrong with your Broadsides. You could split one off and fill your heavy slots. One squad of 2 and one of 1. Again it help to split enemy fire. I almost always give a broadside team of 2 or more 2 shield drones. They will be fired upon by heavy weapons. Try to deploy them in cover and with shield drones. Some even put the ethereal with them - adding his two shield drones - and fronting with a small squad of fire warriors. The main thing to guard against here is Space Wolf Scouts. Your Hammerhead looks great except for one glaring weakness. You left off the multitracker. That's the wargear that allows you to move over 6" and fire the railgun. Also means if you move over 6" you can only be wounded by glancing hits.

Crisis suits: The Or'es'ka team is pretty good, but I think multitrackers are more important that target locks. target locks assume you will always hit, wound, and the opponent fials every save. That just doesn't happen. Ta most give one a target lock and use the multi tracker to allow you to fire both weapons. Concentrate fire. Your shas'vre could also add another weapon anyway, such as a plasma rifle.

Flamers and burst cannon are about the least used and most ineffective combination of weapons you could have on a crisis suits. You have short range and that means against the armies where it can harm the most such as Nids and Orks, you can get assaulted the quickest as they can move quickly. Then it simply doesn't pack enough punch against marines.

Try only one pathfinder squad unitl you get to know them. Save points on one and get a full 8 gun drone squad. Also, you really need some stealth suits. Maybe drop that third broadside and get some stealth suits.

Tauofwar

Closed Thread