Anybody remember Squats? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anybody remember Squats?

Yes this topic is about squats. For anybody who has no idea what I'm talking about, Squats were the 40k version of Dwarfs. These guys appeared early in Warhammer 40k and Epic, 1st and 2end edition I believe, but the army proved to be unfitting for 40k and not very popular. So when 3rd edition came around, Squats were all but gone. The only army you see models even resembling Squats is the Imperial Gaurd. Im talking about Ratlings. Yes, Ratlings are pretty much all thats left of the Squats. My memory is fuzzy, but I remember Squats being for Imperial as well as Chaos These guys were fun to play with. Nothing more humiliating than getting your ass beat by an army of midgits. If your lucky enough, you might meet a player or two who still uses them, but the models are becoming harder to come by and you have some, keep em. There are people who will spend a pretty penny to get their hands on them. Now as for me, I've only encountered this army maybe once or twice with real old school players, and fighting them was interesting. Well, thats most what I remember about that little piece of 40k history, add any info or comments. Here are some links to pics of Squats. http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5x6aU3...es/gw/chsq.jpg
    http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5x6rV3...mes/gw/sq3.jpg
    http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5qjrV3...s/gw/sqexo.jpg
    http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5wsWWH...ed%2520Set.jpg

Last edited by Ferias1; May 23rd, 2006 at 02:34.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i remember them, still have the rules for them.
    you can buy them on ebay all the time, not too expensive compared to other GW stuff.

they were pretty ineffective, stat lines like guardsmen, which makes no sense for dwarves.
    leave the moderating to the moderators

if pro is the opposite of con, does that mean progress is the opposite of congress?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

awwwwww, why they take them off. It would have been fun to play against space dwarves. although the name squats really sucks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

I remember, I also still have teh rules for them, guild bikers!

I also remember the epic rules and teh Squat land train

I also remember the last 20 posts on this subject that said the same thing
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Senior Member Badruk the Mighty's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They had stats like guardsmen, but with a lower initiative and a toughness of 4. The fluff was they were descendants of humans who mined high gravity worlds, resulting in a shorter but tougher stature and a high level of technology. I liked the range of multi-melta armed trikes you could get and the fat, bearded Hells Angels biker theme.

+ Reply to Thread