40K Table Scale - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 40K Table Scale

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x3)

40K Table Scale

Hey I am making some terrain and don't really know how big to make it. I currently play on either a 4'x6' table or a 4'x8' and was wondering about scale. I searched and saw one post were somebody said an inch is about two meters (in fantasy) and was wondering what you guys thought. How large is a 4'x6' table and how big should all of the buildings be? thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

40k has no real scale, as the tanks are way to small compared to the men., buildings are best made to the size of the men + a margin concerning the height. lenght and width are best not overdone, as you would saturate the free space really fast. pieces of 6*6 to 6*12 are nice. maybe make some paper layouts before actually making them to get the feel of the sizes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

I find that buildings taller than about 9-12" look to scale, and pretty cool, but actually hinder gameplay somewhat. They also raise rules debates about LOS on hulldown vehicles and troops behind walls/in trenches.

Check the web for advice on how to base your buildings (leaving room for roads, sidewalks and catwalks). Also incorporate lots of flat surfaces on your terrain, models have to be placed on it after all. That might feel like you're cutting down on realism but you won't have your metal figs falling and chipping either.
    War Record Since Sept 2005
    Old Codex 48-20-9 Dark Eldar
    New Codex 1-0-0 Dark Eldar

+ Reply to Thread