1500 Grey Knights - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HI again, this time im orginizing my grey knights for an upcoming battle and I need a little bit of ideas on my list. Everything int this list i have and more ,but i need to orginize it just thats the problem.

This army pretty much I hope can deal with any tank problems I have . My inquisitor lord will be running aroundi n his land raider crusader and taking care of any high touphness/ tank problems running around . In the process I hope my storm troopers move up and drop teleport homers and bringin my 2 squads of teleport attack and my terminator sqaud.

HQ:133
    Inquisitor Lord
    Psycannon

Retinue:111
    2 Sages
    1 Mystic
    2 Warriors w/ Plasma guns
    1 Gun-Servitor w/ Plasma cannon

HQ 2:199
    1 Brother -Captain
    3 Terminators

Troops:416
    10 Storm Troopers
    2 Melta Guns
    Veteren w/ Melta Bombs & Teleport Homer
    Needle Pistol
    Rhino w. Extra armor & smoke launchers

10 Storm Troopers
    2 Melta Guns
    Needle Pistol

Fast Attack:370
    4 Grey Knights & Justicar
    2 Psycannons
    2 Incenerators

Heavy Support
    1 Land Raider Crusader

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks good. It's good to see a good Daemonhunter army, not another plain crappy one. Add two Acolytes to soak up any wounds that can come to the Retinue, like if the Crusader gets destroyed. You can also give Acolytes Artificer Armor to keep them alive longer. Give those two Warriors in the Retinue Meltaguns instead of Plasma, better vs. Tanks and don't get hot.

The Brother Captain would be better off as a Grand Master, more wounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I agree with Liek, change the Brother Captain to a Granm Master, GM kick the s*** through people especially with his force weapon. Drop the Psycannnons on the first Fast Attack choice and change them to Incinerators.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok thanks for the advice im gona be putting up a new improved list in a bit. The incenerators i can see happening and working beutifully in this army. THe brother captain I sadly cannot upgrade cuase of lack of points. Brother captain is good enouph for its purpose of just coming outa no where and beating the craop outa people. The plasma guns I might change to melta guns if I can find the model peices for them. THe plasma cannon stays where it is so that i can acually take out a sawtming groupg or just a small sqwaud of terminators who just so happen to be standing there. Thx so far and anymore suggestions would be appreciated.

Oh also forgot to mention Im gona be adding 2 acolytes into the squad for that little survability. Unless someone can suggest where to place these 40 spare points i have left over.

Bowling Green State University, OH, U.S.A.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does your Inquisitor Lord have any other wargear? There's no way he's 133 points with only a psycannon. Also, Needle Pistols would be sweet for Stormtrooper Sergeants but they're Inquisitors and Inquisitor Lords only. The Acolytes are probably your best bet for your additional 40 points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the way, this is kind of Cheesy ... but ... a better choice than adding a veteran to your ST squads is to take 2 Elite choice inquisitors and attach them to your squads. For the same points you get 1 better WS, 1 better I, and 1 more wound.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMFG I NEVER WOULD HAVE NOTICED THAT. jesus christ thats what you get when ur doing homework and a list at the same time..... wonder how my homework did jeez. Any way now im in a little internal conflict. SHould i make the brother-captain a grandmaster since i have the points or should i get beefed up acolytes and beef up my justicars a bit.

This list has 114 points left over so any advice would be lovely =) ( man i messed up on the point cost of this little army alot)

HQ:75
    Inquisitor Lord
    Psycannon

Retinue:111
    2 Sages
    1 Mystic
    2 Warriors w/ Plasma guns
    1 Gun-Servitor w/ Plasma cannon

HQ 2:199
    1 Brother -Captain
    3 Terminators

Troops:406
    10 Storm Troopers
    2 Melta Guns

10 Storm Troopers
    2 Melta Guns

Fast Attack:340
    2 Incenerators
    2 Incenerators

Heavy Support:255
    1 Land Raider Crusader

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, jesus christ you guys have ideas i problebly never would have thought up. The thing about the inquisitor is awsome man thx for telling me. Ill see what i can do to fit that in with some proper wargear.

Also one more question At teh current moment i cant find my rule book to look this up maby someone can for me. Is it that independent character can start with a swaud or must teh ystart seperate then join up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're gonna transport the terminators in the land raider and hope to get them into assault, get more terminators! Your 114 will get you 2 more terminators, leaving about 20 more points left to spend. Consider a psychic power like Hammerhand for inquisitor (in case you get into CC with him...I personally wouldn't bother, but many do for their shooty inquisitors) or holocaust for your terminators, or upgrade one of your terminators to a psycannon or incinerator instead of storm bolter. There are also a couple wargear that are useful to add for 10-20 points.

An independant character can do either. In order to start the game in a squad's vehicle they must start attached to the squad, but they may leave and rejoin at any time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dont forget if your are going to a torney make sure you are not using the Trial vehicle rules. They render the LRC useless as a transport, you wont be able to assault on the turn you disembark. But seriously though great list.
    You know what they say, if you dont like the weather in houston...go back to where you came from

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast