New To 40k - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New To 40k

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, im new to 40k and need sum help deciding. Either CSM (any of the 4 main god armies (WE,DG,TS,EC)) or SM (anything but the awful looking and ugly as hell Space Wolves) If someone could give me the advantages of each army (UM, DA, BA, WE, DG, TS, EC) i would be grateful

Si

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

though it is quite admiral to serve the emporer (or chaos gods) i would say dont follow the mainstream. Pick an army that hasnt already had the hell used out of it. The eldar are pretty cool, so are tau, i know a lot of people like IG.

But if you have your heart set on SM, then so be at, i would at least suggest you pick choas to add some excitement to the mix

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    203 (x5)

The eldar are pretty cool, so are tau, i know a lot of people like IG
    Lol u have wrong , to many players have IG and eldar as main army, bat i dont now about tau.
    Better go with necrons an easy and cheap way to enjoy Warhammer40k , also is the "best" army .
    MEAT IS MURDER
    Hammerskin
    Nation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

necrons look terrible man, cept C'Tan ... i might go for IG but they seem too "flimsy" in troops (die too easily) what are the advantages of IG??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tanks, and numbers, put simply.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IG may be flimsy but they make up for it with weight of shots and big guns.
    A Rhino? SLOTH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol u have wrong , to many players have IG and eldar as main army
    first of all, from my experiences at my local gw store, i have never once seen anyone use IG or Eldar...i know they're out there, they just arent as common as you may think.

second of all, thank you siimon for just saying no to necron, they may be a real badass army, but their lack of a strategical mind makes them rather boring to use.

I personally would have loved to make an IG army, but i dont have a lot of $$$ at my disposal, so they were out. I think IG looks the coolest on the battlefield though (well, coolest second to DE )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If your new to 40k weithert you have exp with other systems or not id say go with wot YOU think looks the coolest etc i mean we willall have different opinions and if you choose what youthink looks the best you can then move the a more specific army as most armies are well balanced(there are exeptions) so its quite hard to go wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what are the exceptions. I have already drawn the line through necrons, sisters of battle, dark eldar and tau.

Si

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually i would have thought that chosing necrons as a first army would be a good choice as you dont have to be too good at painting and playing as they can take care of themselves.

You should rule out tyranids as they dont have the best armour saves so you need to learn how to use them so tbh(to be honest) id say choose somthing durible just to learn the game or try the army that you think looks the best out of the whole lot.

If you've got the rule booka nd have a general idea of how to play the game then there shouldnt be that much of a problem to figure out whicha rmy is the best for you from the out of date rules in the rule book. without spending too much cash.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast