Space Wolves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Space Wolves

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey, heres my space wolves army, its based on lots of heavy weapons, i was just wondering what suggestions you might have. its 2000 points already so i dont want to add anything but maybe i could switch some stuff around.

HQ

Rune priest
    rune weapon
    plasma pistol

Venerable dreadnaught
    assault cannon
    heavy flamer

ELITE

Wolf gaurd bodyguard x5 (with rune priest)
    4 with storm bolters
    1 with heavy flamer
    1 with power sword
    4 with powerfists

wolf scouts x5
    3 with bolt pistols
    1 with plasma pistol
    1 with melta gun

wolf scouts x4
    2 with bolt pistols
    1 with plasma pistol
    1 with plasma gun

TROOPS

Grey hunters x6
    3 with bolt guns
    2 with plasma pistols
    1 with melta gun

Grey hunters x6
    3 with bolt guns
    2 with plasma pistols
    1 with melta gun

Blood claws x 11
    3 with plasma pistols
    3 with power fists

HEAVY WEAPON

Long fangs x 6
    heavy bolter
    multi melta
    lascannon
    plasma cannon
    missile launcher
    pack leader
    melta gun

Long fangs x 6
    heavy bolter
    multi melta
    lascannon
    plasma cannon
    missile launcher
    pack leader
    melta gun

VEHICLES

Land speeder
    heavy bolter

Land speeder typhoon
    Multi melta

Rhino

Preditor anialator
    twin linked lascannonx2

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh come on it cant be so good no one has any suggestions... and if it is i will be very proud of myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, no help in 3 days. I'll fix that.

Looks alright. I don't play the wolfies, so I really don't know that much.

I do know that Venerable Dreadnoughts are sweet. I once had a teammate with one that let us go first. Those are good.

" Wolf gaurd bodyguard x5 (with rune priest)
    4 with storm bolters
    1 with heavy flamer
    1 with power sword
    4 with powerfists"

I'm guessin' these are Terminators... if so, can they take Lightning Claws/Thunder Hammers? Those are more fun than Power Fists.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, they're terminators and they can have lightning claws and thunder hammers, which would be good. the opnly problem is that id have to buy them. can you just get a couple lightning claws or woul;d i have to buy new models?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i also dont have the preditor yet. i was gonna trade some tau firewarriors for one. would it be better to have the preditor or use the extra hundred points to add some wargear and maybe a couple more units?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are not a whole lot wrong with your army except that your short 1 HQ choice. A SW 2000 point army needs 3 HQ.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First the rules violations:

-As Fallen_Wolf pointed out you're short one HQ.
    -Long Fangs cannot be units of six, nor can they field five heavy weapons.
    -Your 11 Blood Claws cannot take three plasma pistols AND three PFists.
    -You listed 5 Wolf Guard as a body guard. That means the rest must be WG Leaders, each one (only one) per squad. That means you can only have seven more, one per squad. So you have too many, since you listed ten more. It would also mean you are attaching one to each Long Fang squad, which is a real waste, since they can just stand there with the heavy weapon guys and maybe fight off someone who comes close enough. Most likely the enemy will just shoot your Long Fangs since they tend to hang out in the back and/or in cover.
    -Your army points do not total 2000 points

Suggestions while you're fixing the problems:

WAY to few troops. Three tiny squads? Any enemy of 2000 points can kill them lower than half strength in one round and they are no longer contenders to win a scenario.

Get more troops. They are very effective, and the core of any Space Wolf force.

I think you have too many points tied up in expensive Wolf Guard, even if you bring them down to the legal amount.

Wolf Scouts are at their best when coming in behind enemy lines. Take the two units, make them into one full sized unit, tooled up, with a WG Leader. Use that unit to come in behind enemy lines. If you absolutely must have another scout unit, then arm them with sniper rifles and a ranged heavy weapon. Use them to pin enemy units.

Make at least one unit 9 man with HQ in the Rhino so you have a full force assault unit.

If you keep the BCs on foot, beef them up to full size.

I would consider using the multimeta upgrade on the Landspeeder instead of the Typhoon. The T will probably always fire the missiles, and the LS can go tank hunting with the MMelta. On the off chance you have a troop target, you can always break out the heavy bolter on the T. Just a thought.

yeah, they're terminators and they can have lightning claws and thunder hammers, which would be good. the opnly problem is that id have to buy them. can you just get a couple lightning claws or woul;d i have to buy new models?
    You can buy just the arms if you want. They are fairly easy to make interchangeable so you can swap weapons for different lists if you want. If you do go with that many terminators, you should really take advantage of their move and fire heavy weapon ability, and equip a couple with Cyclones or assault cannons. That would allow you to drop a Long Fang pack, have the same firepower, and use the points more effectively.

The Predator is a good choice, better than Long Fangs I think, but that's up to debate depending on each person. If you haven't got it yet, get a Predator Destructor with Lascannon sponsons instead of the Annihilator. More cost effective. Put Extra armor and Smoke on the Rhino.

Once you fix the problems on the list, give us an update to see how its going.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey, thanks for the help theres just one thing that confuses me, i only have those five wolf guard body gaurds. there are no other wolf gaurd in the army where are you seeing the extra 10?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok ive fixed the glitches and heres the new list( ill just have to go buy some new schtuff.

HQ

Rune priest : 145
    -rune weapon
    -plasma pistol
    -wolf tooth necklace

Venerable Dreadnaught : 165
    -assualt cannon
    -heavy flamer

Wolf Lord : 85
    -wolf tooth necklace

ELITE

Wolf Scouts x 9 (lead buy wolf gaurd): 225
    -meltagun
    -plasma pistol x 2
    -melta bombs
    Wolfgaurd
    -terminator armor
    -power fist

TROOPS

Grey Hunters X 6 : 135
    -melta gun
    -plasma pistol x 2
    -boltgun x 3

Grey Hunters X 6 : 135
    -melta gun
    -plasma pistol x 2
    -boltgun x 3

Blood Claws x 9 (led by rune priest) : 150
    - power fists x 2

Blood Caws x 12 (led by wolf guard) : 232
    -plasma pistol x 3
    wolf gaurd
    -terminator armor
    -heavy flamer

Rhino : 58
    -extra armor
    -smoke grenades

FAST ATTACK

Land Speeder : 65
    -meltagun

Land Speeder Typhhon : 75

HEAVY WEAPONS

Long Fangs x 5 : 238
    -heavy bolter
    -multimelta
    -lascannon
    -plasma cannon
    -meltagun

Long Fangs x 5 : 238
    -heavy bolter
    -multimelta
    -lascannon
    -plasma cannon
    -meltagun

total points : 2046 (my friends will let me go a couple points over)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by -=Syphon~Soul=-@Jan 16 2004, 17:13
    hey, thanks for the help theres just one thing that confuses me, i only have those five wolf guard body gaurds. there are no other wolf gaurd in the army where are you seeing the extra 10?
    My bad. The I thought the write up was additional Wolf Guard, and not a breakdown of the 5 body guards.

You still have a couple problems. Your Lord does not come with any weapons automatically, you have to buy them. So as written he is unarmed.

Wolf Scouts can not be purchased in units of 9. And if they are lead by a Wolf Guard in terminator armor, they can not operate behind enemy lines (infiltrate) which is their greatest strength.

Some thoughts to consider: One of your Long Fang units costs 238 points. You could field two Predator Destructors with Lascannon sponsons for 250 (or one with lascannon and one with heavy bolters for 235). If you reduced your scouts to a legal size you could field two preds instead of a second LF pack. I think the two predators would be much more effective heavy support than duplicating your Long Fangs. However, that depends on the minis you have available. A predator and a Whirlwind are good options too.

Rather than two packs of LF, I'd even rather have one replaced with a 3 bike attack-bike squad with multimeltas. Only 195 points, three twin linked bolters and three multimeltas, move 12" and fire, T5 and S2+. They are a much more flexible option. Again it depends on the miniatures available.

Closed Thread