Imperial Guard, 1000 Pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I've got something here. Or maybe I don't... But anyways, I have fit two Platoons and my three Tanks into 1000 points. Basically, the Guardsmen advance and will assault if necessary, after the bombing from the tanks. Iron Discipline will keep them in line and Sharpshooting will keep things going smoothly. What I lack in trooper heavy weapons I will make up for with Ordnance and high AP assault weapons. Enjoy.

Regimental Doctrines: Close Order Drill, Sharpshooters, Iron Discipline, Drop Troops.

HQ

Command Platoon: Just a Command Section.

Command Section, led by Senior Officer. Power Fist, Plasma Pistol. Meltagun, Veteran Medic. (106)

Troops

Infantry Platoon: 1st.

Command Section. Power Weapon, Iron Discipline. (50)
    Squad 1-1. Plasma Gun, Sharpshooters. (80)
    Squad 1-2. Melta Gun, Sharpshooters. (80)

Infantry Platoon: 2nd.

Command Section. Power Weapon, Iron Discipline. (50)
    Squad 2-1. Plasma Gun, Sharpshooters. (80)
    Squad 2-2. Melta Gun, Sharpshooters. (80)

Heavy Support

Leman Russ Battle Tank. Battle Cannon, Lascannon, Heavy Bolters. (165)

Leman Russ Demolisher. Demolisher Cannon, Lascannon, Plasma Cannons. (185)

Basilisk. Earthshaker Cannon, Heavy Bolter. Indirect Fire. (125)

1001 Total.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice.....nice......but what will you be advancing at and what will you assualt. Tell me the enemy and mabye i can help....ok....
    <span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:orange'>&quot;ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US&quot;</span></span>
    (raise fist in defiance)

<a href='http://www.allyourbasearebelongtous.com/flash/allyourbase.swf' target='_blank'>http://www.allyourbasearebelongtous.com/fl...allyourbase.swf</a> this is so *****ing awesome&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Thnx Chaosbrynn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mostly face the Tau. Their pulse guns will tear the Guardsmen apart, unfortunetly. Against them, I would modify the army to have less Guardsmen and more Carapace Armor. I would also use more vehicles to screen out line of sight to my Basilisk and whatnot. This list is not designed to play the Tau.

I&#39;d prefer to face Chaos with this force. Power Armor and Terminator Armor won&#39;t bother me at all. Hell, with that many high-strength troop guns, I could bring down Great Daemons...

I also face Dark Eldar alot, and I think this list would do good against my friend&#39;s force. He uses a rather expensive HQ, and I think that having him wipe out a squad of cheap Guardsmen just to be shot to bits when he sweeps would annoy him. And Lasrifles are actually effective on most of the Dark Eldar units he uses (mostly Warriors and Scourges.)

I think this can smack around the common Daemonhunter army as well. Thier high price troops won&#39;t get past the Ordnance, and I&#39;d keep the Guardsmen stationary to maximize the number of shots I&#39;ll get. And killing a squad of Grey Knight Terminators with one Demolisher shot really annoys off the opponent...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and why do you use scharpshooters at your plasma guns you can&#39;t reroul if you trow a 1 i think that is waste of points and melta guns onley shoot 12 inc this means if you can shoot them they can asslaut you next turn and you know what guards are in cc sucky sucky for a candy :lol:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by trixXx@Jan 17 2004, 124
    and why do you use scharpshooters at your plasma guns you can&#39;t reroul if you trow a 1 i think that is waste of points and melta guns onley shoot 12 inc this means if you can shoot them they can asslaut you next turn and you know what guards are in cc sucky sucky for a candy :lol:
    So, you&#39;re telling me that my guns are bad, and that my assaulting is bad... ok...

I think that if you read my first post, you would have seen a nice explanation for my list and its choices. But I&#39;ll go throw it again...

High S and AP guns are awesome. I use Meltas/Plasmas to kill things. Pretty simple. Sure, Plasmaguns don&#39;t get the Sharpshooter benefit, but I&#39;m pretty sure the other 9 guns in the squad do. And Meltaguns are awesome. If I get close to the enemy and shoot them up, what do think I&#39;m going to do next? Stand around and let the opponent kill me without a fight, or go stick them with some bayonets? One Guardsman can&#39;t fight hand to hand, but if you throw enough Guardsmen into a fight, they will win eventually. And with 55 in 1000 points, I think I can throw numbers around.

edit: I added the Drop Troops Doctrine. I have room, and it should be pretty useful.

Closed Thread