Alaitoc - 1000 Pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well... This is a noobs first attempt at an army list(Infact, I have never played a game). I have bought most of these models some time ago with intentions of playing the game. Finally, I have found the free time required to dig the old models out of the closet. I am mostly working with what i've got(all except for the reapers). I have done alot of reading on the net and perhaps I have been misguided, but based on the info i've read this is what I have come up with.
    Guess the main tactic would be guide the reapers with farseer, use the scorps mounted in the falc to flank or finish off a wounded unit and use the guardians as meat shields, while the rangers try to pin CC or large units.
    I apologize for any noobness or mistakes in advance.

(86)1x Farseer- Pistol, Witchblade. Guide.

(96)4x Path-Finder
    (105x Scorps+Exarch(Crushing Blow)

(57)3x Rangers
    (57)3x Rangers
    (160)20x Guardian Defenders

(65)1x Viper- Brightlance (Perhaps take a Star Cannon instead? not sure)

(155)1x Falcon- Brightlance
    (213)4x Dark Reapers+Exarch(Crack Shot)

(997)Total

Thanks for your time,
    Xikan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks good. Good solid mix of units. I see a few things that I would change though...

Split thoes Guardian Defenders into 2 units of 10. Spread out the meat.

Give the Reaper Exarch an Eldar Missile Launcher and Fast Shot. Crack Shot won't be that useful when you Guide the squad. With the Missile Launcher, you can crack tanks or hit troops with two AP4 templates.

Can the Pathfinders be used as two units? I don't know this list too well, but if you could, woud that give you more Disruption rolls?

Pick a Vyper weapon each game. Both Brightlance and Star Cannon are good, so pick one for each situation.

Give the Farseer a Ghost Helm to make sure those psychic checks go well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well... If I split the Guardians into two groups of 9, then I would have enough points to pick up Fast Shot and Eldar Missle Launcher, bringing my total to 1001....

Anyone else think that is a good idea? or overkill, perhaps making my most costly squad even more points?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like a good plan to me. There's nothing wrong with expensive Dark Reapers, as long as you defend them properly and let them kill alot of stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the help, I really appriciate it.

Closed Thread