A Question On Tyranids. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now to be honest i hate tyrannids. I think they look great, have a great backstory and basically kick ass. But they kick too much ass. I thought they were well balanced back when they had too get to you before they truley wreaked havock in close combat. But now they've got brilliant BIG guns aswell.

When i play em i've got the advantage with my marines if they start a long way off (playing length ways across the table) But when playing from side to side i get massacred. Only my termies and my chapter master with his bodyguard ever hold up against them.

I suppose the thing (and i mean THING) that sums up this little gripe is the carnifex. Probably the hardest CC unit there is (ive seen one crush two dreadnoughts and even a bloodthirster once) That i can live with, it was evolved to be this armour crushing bone slashing mostrosity. But now it can carry a frickin venom cannon the size of a very long stretched out caddilac. I just see that as a bit unfair. I think it should be able to spit venom like it used too but not carry something the quivelent of a lascannon.

<span style='color:red'>&quot;Right lads, lets make a tactical advance to the rear of our posistion&quot;
    &quot;Errr do you mean run away?&quot;
    &quot;Thats the one&quot;</span>

&quot;Oh man, look at that.&quot;
    &quot;Where?&quot;
    &quot;Over there, by that river of boiling souls.&quot;
    &quot;Well I&#39;ll be damned... it&#39;s a Starbucks.&quot;

<a href='http://www.freewebs.com/ravensdark/' target='_blank'>THE SOUL REAVERS</a>
    <a href='http://www.freewebs.com/gaeisia/index.htm' target='_blank'>GAESIA</a>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh, just shoot the pricks with plasma, no invulnerable sv, if you ever want anti &#39;nid advice, ask the Ultramarines

sorry abou tthe short post.. he has a strong gun, yes, but he shoots like a guardsmen.. And it&#39;s AP 4, so to marines it&#39;s no threat. Not really seeing the point of your topic...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tyranids are a really hard army to play with, but also really fun. The problem about Tyranids is that they have to get into close combat with enough guys to do anything. Venom Cannons are not that great at all. Sure its stg 8 on a Hive Tyrant but it can only cause a glancing hit, and has a AP of 4, so Marines still get an armor save. Also to put a Venom Cannon on a Tyrant would cost a lot of points. Carnifex is supposed to be great in close combat, but he is slow, only moves 6 inches a turn. A Carnifex has a I2 and A2+1 for scything talons. Quivelent of a lascannon you say? Wow wouldnt that be nice. They now be able to get a penetrating hits with higher Str and AP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair enough. Point taken. I&#39;ll just stop bitchin.
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;Right lads, lets make a tactical advance to the rear of our posistion&quot;

&quot;Where?&quot;

<a href='http://www.freewebs.com/ravensdark/' target='_blank'>THE SOUL REAVERS</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Btw what Space Marines do you have? I have UltraMarines and Tyranids, i know what kills Tyranids. Lots of Heavy Bolters does the trick. Ord. Blast from a Wirlwind is nastly&#33; Make sure you got one when your facing Tyranids, Orks, Tau, IG, Dark Eldar, and Eldar. Basically get one if your facing high numbers and low toughness and armor saves. Twin-Linked Lascannons are amazing&#33; Get a Pred with Twin-Linked Lascannons and whatever side things you want. Heavy Bolders for taking down Warriors, Genestealers, Gaunts if you really want to, or Raveners. Lascannons on sides are for taking down Tyrants and Carnifexs. Anyway a Dreadnought with Missle Launcher and Twin-Linked Lascannons next to a pred with Twin-Linked Lascannon with Lascannon sponsons=Dead Hive Tyrant. You say that the Carnifex is the hardest close combat monster in the game? Well than make sure he dies before turn 2. Anyway tell me what Marines you got.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There self designed. Called the soul reavers. an offshoot of the Death Guard that didn&#39;t side with horus.

:a

Errr.... mainly a defensive force but with some hard hitting close combat units, and a fair amount of tactical units making them more flexible

&quot;Where?&quot;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    203 (x5)

Probably the hardest CC unit there is
    Nope mass genestealers is much better&#33;
    And yes Tyranids mast be the hardest race against everyone cause is the number 1 enemy of the Galaxy
    MEAT IS MURDER
    Hammerskin
    Nation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

Yes..they are a pain..those Zer...er..i mean &#39;nids.... :unsure:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess your making a reference to starcraft(and broodwars).... the most balanced PC game out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Much more balanced than Warhammer 40k, (cough)Necrons(cough).

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast