1000 Pt Dark Eldar List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ
    1 haemonculus w/ destructor scissorhand shadowfield (70 pts)

Elites
    9 wyches w/ wyche weapons
    1 succubus w/ agoniser
    1 raider w/ dark lance 198 pts

5 warp beasts w/ teeth
    1 beast master w/ agoniser and splinter pistol 75 pts
    (273 pts)

Troops
    8 warriors w/ splinter rifles 100 pts
    2 warriors w/ dark lance

3 warriors w/ splinter rifles 110 pts
    1 warrior w/ splinter cannon
    1 warrior w/ shredder
    1 raider w/ dark lance

3 warriors w/ splinter rifles 110 pts
    1 warrior w/ splinter cannon
    1 warrior w/ shredder
    1 raider w/ dark lance
    (320 pts)

Fast Attack
    NONE
    (0)

Heavy Support
    1 ravager w/ 3 disintegrators 120 pts
    1 ravager w/ 3 disintegrators 120 pts
    1 ravager w/ 3 Dark Lances 105 pts
    (345 pts)

Im currently about 1008 pts and i need to get rid of somthing (it's against space marines) -_-

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just so you are aware- space marines eat raiders for lunch
    i would lose the ravager with the dark lances and add more men to the raider squads
    you're gonna need them a whole lot more than that extra ravager because if you ever get to the marines you're gonna want as many guys as you can have for hth- and open topped hovercrafts tend to go down easily- you need guys to soak up any injuries you have when your transport is blown out of the sky so you can keep your special weapons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I face this problem with my Orks when I play Marines, or anyone with AP5 troops guns. The Orks (or in this case Warriors) get shot to nothing by Bolters. When they ride Transports, they are relatively safe. Bolters won't kill off the troops so easy when they have armor in front of them. Sure, a lucky Bolter shot can bring down an Armor 10 vehicle, but at least a barage of Bolts won't kill off squads at a time. When these Warriors get into assault, they can't be hit by the Bolters. So my advice would be to tool out the Warriors for close combat and give each unit a Raider. That way, Bolters won't tear them up, the Raiders can move and become immune to penetrating hits, and the sqauds can get into assault. Strike fast with the Dark Eldar, as they are too fragile to win a shoot-out with Marines.

But this idea isn't for everybody. Raiders are expensive ($$$,) and Warriors do have good shooting options. So, do what you want.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was going to send my wyches to the devastator squag in turn one (max assult distance for turn one is 26 and by turn 2 50) then use all of my army to weaken one squad at a time and finish them off with warp beasts and the left over wyches and keep going untill they are getting close in the case of ba or have my wyches dstroyed.
    in the first case drop off the warriors to shoot em up and every turn retreat my raiders 12 in each turn and fire ditto for ravagers except they move away 6 in each turn and only 12 when they need to.
    for the secound case i would just keep shooting and retreating with my warriors still in
    but what should i get rid of :unsure:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

I think you have two main problems:
    1) not enough troops to soak casualties
    2) slow HQ unit that might not see combat

Here's some ideas:

2 five man raider squads will die faster than one 10 man. You're basically spending 50 pts on a skimmer mounted Dark Lance, it's not cost effective.

Raider Squad 1
    add a Sybarite w Agonizer/Pistol
    Add 4 warriors

Raider Squad 2
    get rid of it, you need the points to fill out Raider Squad 1

If you still have some points to spend, buy wargear, ie a Hell Mask for the Succubus.

OR

Lose a Ravager and outfit both Raider squads as per my Raider Squad 1.

OR

Lose the Warp Beasts, bulk up your Raider squads as mentioned above AND still have points left over for good wargear ie Succubus with Animal Vitae or such.

Not sure what to do about your HQ, other than to sell the warp beasts and a Ravager in exchange for a Talos and grotesques. March that down the middle of the table and see your opponent hesitate, while your Raiders swoop in to deploy assault troops.

OR

Mount the Haemonculus with Grotesques in a Raider.

Just some options, limited by your miniature choices I'm sure. (mine are)
    War Record Since Sept 2005
    Old Codex 48-20-9 Dark Eldar
    New Codex 1-0-0 Dark Eldar

Closed Thread