star wars and 40k - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

star wars and 40k

hello all

i was reading a star wars novel lately and was wondering if if would be possible (just for fun) to make a sort of star wars like armie out of 40k troops.
    and then specially the pepublican troops (eg Jedi and clones)

i was thinking space marines for clones and inquisitors as Jedi, will this work?
    i am not really happy with having Jedi represented by inquisitors, but what else should they be represented by?
    any suggestions on the other armies? say the droid armies of the seperatists?

thnx in advance

"Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and terrifying to know"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Inquisitors for Jedi is a fantastic idea. Definitely.
    If you're not happy with inquisitors, then i'd say farseers/warlocks are pretty jedi like.. very jedi like infact.
    As for clones. Well.. they're called storm troopers aren't they? So why not use storm troopers? Or even better, Kasrkyn?

It's just that, while they do have the genetical engineering thing, they seem to be in carapace armour and have lasguns (blasters).
    They don't pull off the whole 8 foot monster that spits acid and has a depleted uranium mass reactive meat making machine.
    Also, towards the end of the clone wars, the empire do start recruiting storm troopers - so not too far off the Imperium and their storm troopers...
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon
    Inquisitors for Jedi is a fantastic idea. Definitely.
    If you're not happy with inquisitors, then i'd say farseers/warlocks are pretty jedi like.. very jedi like infact.
    As for clones. Well.. they're called storm troopers aren't they? So why not use storm troopers? Or even better, Kasrkyn?

It's just that, while they do have the genetical engineering thing, they seem to be in carapace armour and have lasguns (blasters).
    They don't pull off the whole 8 foot monster that spits acid and has a depleted uranium mass reactive meat making machine.
    Also, towards the end of the clone wars, the empire do start recruiting storm troopers - so not too far off the Imperium and their storm troopers...
    thanks for the repley.
    just one question, if i use inquisitors as HQ, any suggestions on the equipement?

and the idea of strorm troopers is great thank you
    "Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and terrifying to know"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

UUuh.. well.. I'm a Chaos/Nid player, so i don't know what they can have..
    But you'd need some kind of strength bonus inferring power weapon if available and model it like a saber.
    You'll need psychic powers on him, telekenetic ones if possible, as there the ones that tend to manifest themselves the most with 'the force'.
    Some kind of personal force field too, and they also have lots of gadgets too, so just go crazy.

It's a thought though.. if you want to do the Dark side.. then Chaos maybe your friend after all
    LO Rules

Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try Dune and 40k... whoops. (5 Points to anyone who notices a pattern.)
    Every whisper of the future from the Warp speaks of a hundred battles lost, a thousand lives devoured and a million enemies born. -- Inquisitor Lord Babel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    58 (x1)

I know I saw a guy the other day who was using IG as an imperial Star Wars army. He was modeling the IG guys as Imperial commandos/leaders (the guys in all black with the funky helmets) and used SMs as Storm Troopers (just painted accordingly). I thought it worked well. Looked like an imperial army from the first 3 movies. As far as a, say, dark Jedi... A chaplain perhaps? I don't play SM but I think their chaplains are supposed to be all psychic and nasty.
    R.I.P. Iron Warriors, you will be missed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Uuhh.. as far as i was aware, the only space marine which exhibited psychic potential were the librarians, is that what you mean? Chappies are spiritual.. but not really.. psychic.

The thing about marines is that they're like walking tanks. They're totally psychopathic nut jobs that will kill just as well with a bolter or with a toothbrush.
    I don't think Jedi, not even dark Jedi are like that at all.

This is why I think Inquisitors fit the role better. They can work on their own, have a whole array of unique gadgets and are often psychic.

Having thought about it a bit more, farseers and warlocks fit the bill even better. Perhaps even harlequins.
    LO Rules

+ Reply to Thread