I Can Never Win Against Guard With Pure Dh - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's impossible. Countless games and i still cannot cannot win against guard with pure DH. I know its designed to join with marines and guard, but i wanted something more challenging. Who knew that i would get my but whooped EVERYTIME i played against my friend?

I compiled this list a few times but i think im gonna change it some more.

Daemonhunter: 2000 Point Army List

HQ
    (x1) GM w/ icon of just, holocaust, and psycannon
    (x4) Grey Knight Termies; one having incinerator
    [419] points

ELITE
    (x1) Inquisitor w/ ausepx, boltgun, ccw, teleport homer
    (x2) 3 Warriors, 2 w/ plasmaguns, 1 w/ plasma cannon
    (x2) Sage
    (x2) Mystic
    [151] Points

TROOPS
    (x1) Vet ST w/ teleport homer and meltabombs
    (x9) ST; 2 w/ meltaguns
    (x1) Rhino w/ extra armour and smoke launchers

(x9) ST; 2 w/ meltaguns
    (x1) Rhino w/ extra armour and smoke launchers
    [371] Points

FAST ATTACK
    (x1) Justicar w/ meltabombs
    (x GK; 2 w/ incinerator

(x GK; 2 w/ psycannons
    [580] Points

HEAVY SUPPORT
    (x1) Dreadnought w/ extra armour, twin las, extra armour, smoke launchers
    (x1) Land raider w/ Extra armour and smoke launchers
    (x1) Lance Strike

Total Army List - 1997

My friends army consists of generally around 50-60 troops, Leman Demolisher, Leman, Basalisk, Hellhound and Chimera. His heavy support is 3 lascannon and a buttload of heavy bolters and 1 or 2 autocannons.

Please help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you really want to be an ass (which i did it before and the guy stopped playing after the 3rd turn). Hide all your troops behind cover (if possible), call down the lance strike and just let that thing come down turn after turn after turn, and make them walk to get away from it. As soon as they start walking out BAM charge him with everything youve got. Or you can continue to let them walk while the lance strike continues to hit (cmon its the guard there are so many you have to hit something each turn). Also drop the plasma guns in the retinue and get heavy bolters, you get more range, same rolls to hit and wound (all guardsmen are T3). Also give that inqusitor a psycannon so you can take advantage of the BS 5. Drop either the dread or the land raider and get more GK (termies or power armor). If bad gets to worse, charge those storm troopers right into the squad, and have the squad with the teleport homer get right in back of that squad call down all the gk, and guess what? They can be shot at because they cant shoot through close combat, this takes finesse but ive seen it work.
    You know what they say, if you dont like the weather in houston...go back to where you came from

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, that is a very good suggestion. Lol, im not gonna do the lance thing, its just not the way i wanna win. The idea with the ST though. That actually brilliant. The only thing is this. He sets up ALL his stuff in a line like this.

Tank GUARDSMEN GUARDSMEN GUARDSMEN HQ GUARDS MEN GUARDSMEN Tank
    --------------Tank-----------------------Tank-------------------------Tank-----------------

Its really hard to get up there. I was thinking about getting the eversor assassin, infiltrate what is it? 18 inches at least? Put him in cover, move 6, assault 12, and tie up some squads. But i dont know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

either him or callidus, its your best chance, dont forget to make them take morale checks. Also if you can get close enough with those meltaguns you can blow up the tanks and hopefully they will take a squad with them
    You know what they say, if you dont like the weather in houston...go back to where you came from

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is my army even enough? I mean, ive seen people run way more than 18 GKs, but i also wanted to get some STs cus i thought they were the "main" tank busters. Any other suggestions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mainly st's, dont forget the more firepower they concentrate on the rhinos is the less firepowrer on the GK's. Maybe more termies might help you. That 2+ save is hard to fail. Either that or just get a brother captain and get an assload more troops.

God
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suggest shoving your armor down his throat, and then flanking him with all your infantry. Then taking some terminators and deep striking behind his lines. If this does not work, then at least put a large dent in his forces.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm, ive been reading other Pure DH armies, and they have the full compliments of GKs. I mean, at the LEAST is 30! Some even suggested up to 45!

I was thinking about that, but then i thought, how are they suppose to bust tanks then?

How many GK in a 2000 point should i take minimum?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well the side of a leman russ is only a 12, we can glance that with our grey knights, and meltabombs on the justicar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here, i revised this so there are MORE GK in the army. Could you please tell me if the first or second was better?

HQ-GrandMaster
    (x1) Grandmaster w/ icon of just, holocaust, psycannon and meltabombs
    (x4) Termy Retinue; one with incinerator
    ELITE-Eversor
    (x1) Eversor Assassin
    Haha, i dont know many people that use them, but the fact that they can come out first turn and tie up some squads, thats awesome.
    TROOPS-ST
    (x1) Vet w/ teleport homer and meltabombs
    (x9) Stormtroopers; 2 w/ meltaguns
    (x1) Rhino w/ smoke and extra armour
    (x1) Justicar
    (x4) Grey Knights; 2 w/ psycannons
    FAST ATTACK-GK
    (x9) GK; 2 w/ incinerator
    (x9) GK; 2 w/ incinerator