Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Templars

1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  KaBoOm 
#1 ·
This will be my first time playing 40K in a flash and I plan on using my Bt's. Here goes.

HQ: Chaplain w/ BP

TROOPS: 7 Initiates w/ BP + CCW, 1 power fist

TROOPS: 6 Initiates w/ BP + CCW, 1 power fist

TROOPS: 5 Initiates w/ BP + CCW, 1 power fist

TROOPS: 6 Initiates w Bolters, 1 Lascannon, 1 Plasma gun

TOTAL: 497 pts

Do you think that this is the way to go with 40K in a flash? Troop Heavy? As I said, this is my first 40K in a flash list. I called GW and they said that I dont need to(and cant even if I wanted to) use an Emperors Champion because he has a 2+ save.

#3 ·
500pts of good BT's

1 emperor's champion (you have to have it) 105pts

9 BT's, bp & ccw's, 1 power weapon 145pts
1 rhino with smoke launchers and extra armour 58pts

5 Marines with a lascannon and plasma gun 96pts

5 Marines with a lascannon and plasma gun 96pts

total = 500pts

a powerfull cc unit and 2 good anti tank shooting units, you can change around the heavy and special weapons in the squads when necessary

good luck with the Templars!

#8 ·
Originally posted by Hive Fleet Scythe@Feb 9 2004, 12:28
hmm, replace him with a chaplain with terminator honours and a bolt pistol, then take another marine or something
Terminator Honors is also illegal, as it provides a 2+ save. Am I right here?

Assuming that you would be using the rules found here: http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/gam...min/default.htm , a Land Raider Crusader would also be illegal, as it costs more than 200 points.

#9 ·
Terminator honors gives +1 Attack, not a 2+ save. And a LRC in a 500 pt game? Even if it were legal, it costs over 50% of my army.

I'm using the rules fgound in WD 178(i think its that one). Its pretty much the same as those rules, except a vehicle is illegal if its 3 AV's total up to I thik its 34 or more or somewhere around there. So ya, the crusader is still illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.