2000 Point Eldar List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know everyone says to include farseers and warlocks. But since everyone already does that, i wanted to go a different way.

Troops

Guardians (10) w/ star cannons- 130

Guardians (10) w/ star cannons- 130

Guardians (9) w/ bright lance- 122

Guardians (9) w/ bright lance- 122

Elites

Striking Scorpions (10) w/ exarch scorpions claw, crushing blow- 197
    wave serpent w/ star engines w/ twin linked bright lances- 140

Howling Banshees (10) exarch w/ executioner, acrobatic- 189
    wave serpent w/ star engines w/ twin linked starcannons- 140

Fire Dragons- (6) exarch w/ Fire pike, burning fist- 151 (goes in falcon)

Heavy Support

Falcon w/ star cannon, shiruken cannon, holo field- 200

Wraithlord w/ bright lance-120

Dark Reapers (5) exarch w/missile launcher, fast shot- 233

HQ

Maugin Ra- 130 (goes w/ dark reapers)

You know what they say, if you dont like the weather in houston...go back to where you came from

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone?
    You know what they say, if you dont like the weather in houston...go back to where you came from

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maugan Ra is bar far the nastiest Phoenix lord I've ever fought against. Good choice! And the Howling Banshees with the Striking Scorpions compliment him well. Let us know how it works for you. Looks good!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please dont waste Maugan-Ra's skills by putting him with reapers. I know thats his aspect and everything but it is a common mistake. You NEVER want Reapers in cc but Maugan Ra is best when in CC. SC's are not ver damaging, even with fast shot. I would go with jain-zar, or even better, my fav karandras. Put him with the banshees and crush everything on the charge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know u said u want to go a different way from the warlocks and farseers, but the guardian squads r going to be toast without conceal, trust me knowing from experiance, and i hope u know u cant jump out of a serpent and charge into assult in the one turn now. just a thought about the banshees incase that was your plan. But good luck with it it may do alright.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, thats if the new assault rules make it. We dont use them currently, so i can jump out of that transport and assault. Ill take your advice with conceal, should i take out the wraithlord?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The wraithlord is really good, and the only reason to take him out would be if your opponents start complaining they can't hurt him. But in a 2000 point game, its not really a problem. And the rest of your army doesn't really seem cheesy. I would suggest taking out some guardians, but I really hate guardians, so you might not want to listen to me. If you plan on using warlocks with conceal, then you may consider saving some points by not buying conceal for half the guardian squads, and then hiding them behind the squads that have conceal. And if you do that, make it two 14 man squads and two five man squads instead of your current configuration. You might want to try that either way, just a suggestion. I'm also not a big fan of star engines, 24" is pretty good by itself, and the unpredictability of the star engines could leave you too far forward, where your opponent can shoot your tanks, or even cover all your exits and trap an expensive squad inside the flaming wreckage. I won't comment on the pheonix lord situation any furthur than to say that having maugen ra sitting with a dark reaper squad doesn't seem like a wonderful investment of points, maybe if he hung out with some guardians, or in one of the tanks, his close combat skills might come in handy, and he will be closer to the action with his limited range.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kick ass, thank you mole, thats a really helpful suggestion.

Closed Thread