2000pt Eldar Ghost Warrior Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, my group started a "start from scratch" campaign. We each start with 100 dollars worth of models, and every month after we start (March 1st) we are allowed $50/300 pts more until we reach 2000 pts. I was working on "completed" list for where I'll end up, and this is where I ended. Please LMK what you think!! Or if I'm being completely nuts.

The goal is to have a ton of targets for people to shoot at, thus eliminating the possibility that I will be disarmed with one lucky (unlucky for me) shot. I figure between 3 wraith lords, a ton of storm guardians, and the war walkers, it'll be pretty easy to march my wraith guard to their front lines and open fire on whatever survives the first few turns of shooting. Does anyone see any faults with this list?

2000 Pts - Ghost Warrior Army

6 Wraithguard (Troops) @ 210 Pts
    Wraithcannon

Wraithcannon

Wraithcannon

1 Wraithlord (Troops) @ 120 Pts
    Flamer (x2); Bright Lance

Flamer (x2); Star Cannon

1 Farseer (HQ) @ 250 Pts
    Witchblade (x1); Shuriken Pistol (x1)
    Guide [30]

1 Warlock @ [164] Pts
    Spirit Seer; CC Weapon (x1); Shuriken Pistol (x1)
    Conceal [20]

1 Additional Warlocks #1 @ [41] Pts
    Conceal [20]

1 Additional Warlocks #2 @ [41] Pts
    Conceal [20]

1 Additional Warlocks #3 @ [41] Pts
    Conceal [20]

20 Guardian Storm Squad (Fast Attack) @ 166 Pts
    Shuriken Pistol & CCW (x1; Flamer (x2)

3 War Walker (Heavy Support) @ 240 Pts
    Front Armour: 10; Side Armour: 10; Rear Armour: 10; Left Scatter Laser
    (x3); Right Scatter Laser (x3)

Models in Army: 89

Total Army Cost: 1978

The spirit seers will be attached to the storm guardian squads, which will stay within the 6" range of the wraith guard to ensure they're operating at peak effectiveness . The Farseer will sit with the War Walkers, ensuring that they are hitting at maximum effectiveness as well. Unless I hit an army full of heavy weapons, I think I'll be pretty good for the most part. What do you all think?? BTW please keep in mind I must have at least 40% troops, so I really can't dumb down on the Wraith Lords/Wraith Guard. Right now I'm still at about 47%.

Thanks again,

---------------------------------
    RaG|NaR

Mooing peacefully since 1996!
    Got Milk?

<a href='http://www.adeptusminneapolis.com' target='_blank'>Adeptus Minneapolis</a>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a great list, i dont know how you are going to pay for all those storm guardians but good luck on that. Why no vehicles to assist? Maybe a falcon or a fire prisim. I think you should switch out one storm squad to a defender squad. Maybe give those warlocks that are going into the storm squads a better close combat weapon like a witchblade. Other than that you are golden.
    You know what they say, if you dont like the weather in houston...go back to where you came from

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea i would definitely put in a fire prism or something. and what about a waveserpent to transport a wraithguard unit up faster. then you could have them rip them faster while the rest moves up or what not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys,

As for paying for the storm guardians, the GT is coming up and you can buy metal bits at cost per ounce, which as you can guess is WAAAY cheap and I&#39;ll be buying regular guardian box sets to fill those squads out.

I may take some Vypers after all.... I need something that can rush forward and snag objectives quickly, which is something this pondering army is fairly poor at due to the foot sloggyness of the force. I really like taking all 3 guardian squads, so I can&#39;t take any fast attack. Any other ideas?
    RaG|NaR

Mooing peacefully since 1996&#33;
    Got Milk?

<a href='http://www.adeptusminneapolis.com' target='_blank'>Adeptus Minneapolis</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

D-cannons are your friend. sit your farseer with em (lets you reroll scatter dice&#33, with the new vehicle rules guess range weapons are a MUCH better buy then they used to be. drop the warwalkers, stick your farseer with em, and that barrage can take out ANYTHING. Dont forget that even if you only glance a vehicle... you STILL get to roll on the ord. damage table.
    iron Hands
    Haemonculus Coven Dark Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

I dont think the list is that great,
    The core is there - your wraith gaurd/lords, but you got far too many gaurdians and they are damn ineffective, plus what is this nonsense about putting the warlocks with the gaurdians, the point of the spirit sears is so your wraithgaurd dont stand around doing nothing. I would put the guardians in far smaller squads (5? equiped with haywire grenades, they will largely get ignored by the enemy who wqill be panicking about the impending wraith death, you should be able to tank hunt at your liesure
    I would suggest you also look at vypers, a squad of 3 will cost you about right, and at 65 points for a vyper with a star cannon or bright lance, you can kill in droves from a range
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, I removed one squad of Storm Guardians for some Vypers. I think tactically this will give me some flexibility when taking objectives and the like. LMK what you guys think&#33;

2000 Pts - Ghost Warrior Army

Wraithcannon

Wraithcannon

Wraithcannon

Flamer (x2); Star Cannon

1 Farseer (HQ) @ 250 Pts
    Witchblade (x1); Shuriken Pistol (x1)
    Guide [30]

1 Warlock @ [164] Pts
    Conceal [20]

1 Additional Warlocks #1 @ [41] Pts
    Conceal [20]

1 Additional Warlocks #2 @ [41] Pts
    Conceal [20]

1 Additional Warlocks #3 @ [41] Pts
    Conceal [20]

3 War Walker (Heavy Support) @ 240 Pts
    Front Armour: 10; Side Armour: 10; Rear Armour: 10; Left Scatter Laser
    (x3); Right Scatter Laser (x3)

1 Vyper Squadron (Fast Attack) @ 185 Pts
    Linked Shuriken Catapults (x1); Star Cannon (x1)

1 Vypers #1 @ [65] Pts
    Linked Shuriken Catapults (x1); Star Cannon (x1)

1 Vypers #2 @ [55] Pts
    Linked Shuriken Catapults (x1); Scatter Laser (x1)

Models in Army: 72

Total Army Cost: 1997

I forgot to mention, each squad of storm guardians should be advancing as a screen for my wraith guard. As such, That is why the guardians are getting the spirit seers. Read the rules a little more and you&#39;d understand, something about 6".... They&#39;re not just warlocks after all. I also figure there 10 leadership will bolster the guardians a hell-u-va lot more than those fearless wraith guard&#33; So what do you think?
    RaG|NaR

Got Milk?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*BUMP*
    RaG|NaR

Got Milk?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

drop the war walkers, they die SO easily. not only can a BOLTER kill them, your enemy will know they are bad news and concentrate fire on em.

instead, you could have 2(&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33 3 gun emplacements of d-cannons, safely behind terrain for the entire game. or even shadow weavers if your opponents dont often have good armor.

edit: im gonna post my list after this so you can take a look
    iron Hands
    Haemonculus Coven Dark Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

I dissagree with Saethiel,
    Yes walkers can be downed by bolters but they should not be getting in range and if your opponent wants to waste all his bolters on the walkers whilst your wraithbone constructs and gaurdians waltz up to him then fine&#33;

Re your gaurdians:
    OK firstly Wraiths dont need a shield, they can take the hits and laugh them off,
    but if you must consider which typr of gaurdian you are using, they can fleet of foot which if you do it, you will rapidly become out of range for your warlocks to help your wraiths. if you arent gonna do it then why not take defenders with a weapons platform?
    if you are gonna take storm gaurdians then at least have em capable of infl;icting some damage - give the warlocks enhance
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Closed Thread