Best Pair - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best Pair

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best Pair

What do you guys think the best pair of armies would be, if it was a 2 on 2 battle? I think it would probably be Tyranids and Imperial Guard. The nids would not take any shooting, and the IG would counter this. Both armies have crazy numbers. I think they would be nearly unstopable...or maybe nids with Tau would be even better. I'm not sure which I'd prefer...ridiculous numbers, or crazy firepower with slightly less numbers.

--When I die, I would like to go peacefully, in my sleep, like my grandfather did. Not screaming and yelling like the passenger in his car.
    -Jack Handey

D.M.I.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would totally think fully Mech Tau and fully Mech Eldar would be nearly unstoppable.
    IG Tyranids is a good idea.

Maybe a Mech skimmer list with a Tyranid Godzilla list. 5 tanks, 7 monstrous creatures.
    Sweeeet!

IG Khorne would be cool, because IG would just artillery attack the enemy, and Khorne would handle them when they came close.
    Turtles For the Turtle God!
    Shells For the Shell Throne!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x6)

I've had good results using a semistationary Tau force and Dark Eldar. The Tau use their weapons to soften the enemy up and the Dark Eldar make quick strikes at their heart.
    Veni Vidi Variant
    I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.

The spikey ones go faster.

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.

Saga of the Ages. Click it.

Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

deamon hunters and tau. me and my freind have yet to be beat or have anyone come close to wining. i'll say stategies later. got to go
    Never give up. Never give up. HIT, HIT, HIT, HIT!

Semper Paratus

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

Me an dmy mate have had some great success when combining Tau and Thousand Sons. I did it with an other friend during the last rules and that was even better, but it's still a pretty hot combo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

alright back for statagies for deamon hunters and tau v. any. basically the statagie is my deamon hunter pal brings a bassie, about two or three regular squads, a kaserkin squad for protection of bassie, an assasin, and a fully kitted out termie squad of doom. my tau's normall set up is two hammerheads with rail heads, broadside team, 2 transpoted fire warrior squads, static fire warrior squad, two commanders with fireknife setup, (or if im wrong, missle pod/PR combo) then steath squad, and two, two man crisis suits. one with TL-MP's and targgeting array, then other with TL-PR's and targgeting array.
    what normally happens is my steath squad infiltrates to keep other infiltaters away, and most of his GK's in reserve to deepstrike. then first turn my rail guns and his bassie take at most if not all tanks on the board. and if there are no tanks, then large blast templates of doom strafe the board. then by turn 2-4 his GK's deepstrike, killing other close combate troops and hidding heavy weapon teams. mean while my mounted troops and suits are working there way up a flank, putting all the pressure on one side of the enemy. no match has gone past turn 3.

keep in mind were playing with 2000 points each person. yes, thats 4000 points per side. and yes it does take forever but it is so fun to play
    Never give up. Never give up. HIT, HIT, HIT, HIT!

Semper Paratus

+ Reply to Thread