Iyanden 2000 Point List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my friend thinks I should paint them yellow (iyandens color) then add little black dots to show how cheesy they are... what do you think?

HQ:
    Farseer with guide & witnessing runes (no weapons no nothing)

elites:
    8x scorpians
    1x scorp exarch w/claw and infiltrate

troops
    6x wraithgaurd
    warlock with ccw, pistol and conceal
    6x wraithgaurd
    6x wraithgaurd
    3x wraithlord 1 starcannon, 1 brightlance, 1 missile launcher

Heavy support
    3x D-cannon
    3x D-cannon

4x Dark reapers
    1x exarch with fast shot and missile launcher

The d-cannons sit behind terrain and shoot at stuff. With the new vehicle rules, guess range weapons arent quite as difficult to use. The farseer will sit with one of the batteries and use guide over and over to let them reroll scatter die, ensuring that anything i want within 24" will be very, very, very dead. I also try to set up my darseer within 6" of each so whichever one needs it more cna have guide.

the nice part about this army is that it doesnt really bother me when someone shoots at any of my units (barring them wimpy d-cannons).

The only thing I was really thinking of changing was one of the d-cannon batteries for a shadow weaver one.

iron Hands
    Haemonculus Coven Dark Eldar

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My only problem with your list is a lack of depth. Against a horde army you would be severely mauled by numbers, esp if they were able to deep strike anything and nullified your heavy support. I would suggest getting large guardian squads to eliminate this "problem".
    ---------------------------------
    RaG|NaR

Mooing peacefully since 1996!
    Got Milk?

<a href='http://www.adeptusminneapolis.com' target='_blank'>Adeptus Minneapolis</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, if i were to go against a horde army, not only would bunched up units die really fast to my support weapons, but anything in a horde army (orks, nids) would have difficulty killing wraithguard in cc, and it would be impossible to take down a single wraithlord.
    iron Hands

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

I dissagree with this lot, Scorpions and Wraiths can hold theor own against hords, Scorps are tyough enough to take the hits but usually dont need to cos they hit and kill first, and wraiths can take the hits because of their toughness and saves,
    I think you got a solid core of troops, I personnally prefer Banshees to scorps but that is cos I seem to only ever fight Marines, CSMs and Necrons where power weapons make the difference, it is you Dcannon and Reapers I have a problem with, until I got to your HS choices you seemed to have an excellent Iyanden army, then it all went horribly ulthwe&#33;

I would be very ver tempted to ditch some of these HS and get some wave serpents to transport you wraith gaurd/provide you fire power, after all you dont need to start the game inside your transports, you could play your troops as you are, by ditching the Hs you could get 3 serpents with TL star cannon or Bright lances and all the trimmings (e.g. spirit stones) giving you a very solid fire base and making it very Iyanden
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The army seems very tough, and very well balanced, the only problem i see is that it doesn&#39;t shoot very far, very much, aside from the Reapers. The heavy weapons are all 24&#39;&#39;, and the Wraithlord&#39;s Weapons are only 36" themselves... Against anybody with snipers, your army is gonna take a plunge. Not only that, but your Wraithlords, as vauntedly tough they may be, are probably gonna end up getting shot at alot. Every anti-tank weapon in your oppenent&#39;s army is gonna shoot at your Wraithlords, and Wraithlords don&#39;t like LasCannons. If you somehow lose your Reapers, I can&#39;t see you winning, and in two thousand points, thats entirely likely to happen. (Deepstrike, ranged weapons, ordinance, indirect fire, etc...)

Try to put a beefed up Falcon or some such in there,(If you can with Iyanden, I forget the rules.) and use it as a fire magnet, so that your Lords will get shot at as little as possible. Also, you might wanna consider, something, you know...Fast....In your Eldar Army. The Eldar don&#39;t like being slow, and quite often it gets them killed.

In two thousand points, your probably going to run into some really shooty armies, and being outgunned shouldn&#39;t happen with the Eldar.
    <a href='http://www.onpoint-marketing.com/stealth-marketing.htm' target='_blank'>The future of marketing is here&#33; Stealth Marketing&#33;</a>
    Wait, you mean that optimism isn&#39;t fashionable anymore?&#33;
    Lord of Smart-ass Youthimizzles.
    Soup&#39;s up, bitches&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I decided to change this list a little bit... do you think it might be better to ditch 3 d-cannons in exchange for 2 vypers with starcannons and spirit stones?

that way I figure if I&#39;m playing a table quarter mission, I can just leave my vypers behind cover the whole game, then rush them over to a quarter or objective in the last moment.
    iron Hands

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Personnally I dont give upgrades to vypers, if you have more than one vyper then the cost of the upgrades for each 2 pretty much represents another vyper, and playing Siam Hann lets you get 18 vypers on the field if you are that way inclined

I still think that wave serpents are the way to go, they are by far the best eldar tank, the rarely miss because of the twin linked weapons and although they cant take holo fields the combitnation fo their shied and a spirit stone makes them prettty resiliant.

However yes that swap gives you some options but it is worth noting that that would, whilst increasing your range, decrease the damage you do, 2 vypers, statistically, will mean you hit 3 shots per turn, doesnt really compare with dropping a Dcannon template on a marine squad&#33;

whilst I would personnaly get rid of the D cannon - Pandoras ulogy really only applies on larger tables, on a 3 foot by 4 foot table I doubt you will suffer much from range problems (other than the wraithguard and gaurdians)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, the vypers were really just to get SOMETHING that could move more then 6 inches a turn.

maybe I should cheapify them? maybe put scatter lasers on them instead of starcannons?

and just out of curiosity, what is pandora&#39;s eulogy?

and keep in mind that using d-cannons under the new vehicle rules means that you no longer have to guess distance... which means that they will in all likelihood kill things very, very dead.

more or less the question im asking is: do you think this army needs a speedy element?
    iron Hands

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

411 (x8)

OK IMHO Vypers are great, but the cost of a star cannon on them is so little I would leave the Sc or switch to Bright lances (same cost), just ditch the upgrades

Pandoras comments were about range and speed, In my experiance, they are only really much use on larger tables (and that is coming from someone whose current project is Siam Hann)

The answers (ask not a question of the eldar...) to your Q is:

1. Personnaly I do, but that is strictly a personnal preference based on my style of play
    2. Tactically (fluff and personality asside) no it doesnt need one desperatley to beat other armies although the capacity to capture or contest quaters in the last turn would give it some benefit
    3. Fluff wise no, whilst most Eldar armies have speed strike elements, all the Iyanden fluff is based around the use of wraiths, the only really unflufy thing there is not the need for something else but too many reapers

Hope that helps (cant see how it will mind)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem is that wraithgard have range 12. There ausome when they get there but the walk is a long walk. Mounting them in serpents allows them to be in firring range by turn two (move 24 in turn 1, move 12 turn, get out and shoot) After that you can mount up move and do it again. This will allow them to be combat effective. Otherwise they are useless.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast