Help Choosing an Army (Actually gave some info!) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help Choosing an Army (Actually gave some info!)

Well I'm a new player, but I've read about 40-50% of the codices, and played a few small games with Space Marines, and Necrons. (My best friend has Tyranids, Tau, Space Marines, Eldar, and a few Necrons)

Now I am trying to decide on an army to play, I'm a semi-aggresive player who loves the idea of ambusing, and likes CC more than long ranged warfare, but wants some shooty models.

So far I've made a few army lists. (most of which would probably fail horribly.) Black Templars, Space Wolves, Dark Eldar, and Necrons, but that just made me have a harder time trying to decide.

Also my favorite unit is Harlequins, and if the Harlequins codex was legal I would be playing them already. (Although I have a feeling playing as pure Harlequins would end with me crushed about 80% of the time)

So now it's your turn to try to help me out here, I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

Ivellis

Last edited by Ivellis; April 16th, 2007 at 20:35.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

If you like a bit of shooty stuff but also like to get up close enough to smash someone's face in with a powerfist then Space Wolves is probably the best option, followed rapidly by 13th Company and Black Templars.

Harlequins are sweet; the old Trial Codex was great fun, but the new Eldar Codex also allows you to run a pretty nasty list using Harlequins too. A 2500pt list of mine has Jain Zar, Farseer on jetbike with 3 warlocks, two of whom are allocated to the 2x 4-man Jetbike units. I then have 3 full Harlequin units each with Death Jester/Troupe Master/Shadowseer and Harlequin's Kisses throughout, and a unit of five Dark Reapers in a Wave Serpent. I haven't yet tried them out, but I sure intend to - the Harlies are getting restless since they haven't been out to play in a long number of months!

E.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Search, search, search... it's useful.

Also, click on the link "40k Getting Started" in my sig. Might help.

+ Reply to Thread