Weak, Balanced Or Powergaming? Army For Tourney - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black Legion 1500pts

HQ 196pts
    Daemon Prince, MoS, CCW+D.Blade, Bionics, Spiky Bits, D.Stature, D.Flight, D.Aura, C.Drugs, Personal Icon

Elites 70pts
    1 Obliterator

Troops 450+36+114+174+210
    3x10 CSM, MoCU, BP+CCW, 2 Flamers, AC w/BP+P.Fist+D.Mutation, Rhinos w/Smoke, Extra Armour
    2x6 Daemonettes

Heavy Support 250pts
    2 Pred Destructor, Auto, Lascannons

I will be bringing this list for regional tournies and just want to get popular opinion. There are 30 CSM (divisible by 6) and 12 Daemonettes in total so it's fluffy too.

I've had no losses so far with this list. Since the Daemonettes reduce the opponents initiative even my CSM strike earlier in CC without having to pay the 5pts per model cost for Mark of Slaanesh. If they strike at the CSM instead (to avoid the I penalty) then the Daemonettes survive for longer. Composition-wise over half the army is in troops so it should do well even in RTTs.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some may call it power gaming, but I'd call it well balenced since CSM are supposed to be highly elite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

I think this is a very balanced army, it should certainly score well on composition points, the fact that your troops are damn good in no way makes an army unbalanced, it means they cast a lot and you are outnumbered, but it would be unbalanced if you made it an army of elites by spending too many points in other catagories
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spending pts on expensive Elites is something you stop doing once you start facing the following:

a) Mass Starcannons/Reapers/Plasma
    Mass Powerfists/Rending Claws
    c) Mass Ordnance

My personal opinion is that the best thing about Chaos is being able to 'transport' CC marines, flamers and rending claws.

I'm still having trouble with Necrons tho. One of my opponents uses 15 Destroyers screened by Warriors and I have yet to find a counter for a unit that moves 12'' and fires 3 S6 AP4 shots at 36'' and can be screened by Warriors too. Basically the Lord Veils the Warriors to make a moving bunker for the Destroyers.

Closed Thread