Rate This 1000pt 'nid Army List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hive Tyrant -- venom cannon, scything talons, psychic scream, warp blast, extended carapace
    188pts

3 Warriors -- 1 w/ devourer, 1 w/ rending claws, 1 w/ venom cannon, all with scything talons and extended carapce -- the warrior with the scything talons and rending claws is an exceptional size mutant.
    128pts

24 Hormagaunts -- 1 w/ hive node -- 250pts

24 Termagants -- 1 w/ hive node -- 178pts

12 Genestealers -- no upgrades -- 192pts

2 Biovores each armed with bioacid mines -- 112pts

Old one eye -- 164pts

Total: 1020pts
    Models in army: 78 (including spore mines)

What do you guys think? I win some, I lose some. How can this 1000pt NID army list be improved?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

Originally posted by sunspoon@May 24 2003, 09:49

Old one eye -- 164pts

Total: 1020pts
    Models in army: 78 (including spore mines)

What do you guys think? I win some, I lose some. How can this 1000pt NID army list be improved?
    Hive Tyrant -- venom cannon, scything talons, psychic scream, warp blast, extended carapace
    188pts
    This one is fine.

3 Warriors -- 1 w/ devourer, 1 w/ rending claws, 1 w/ venom cannon, all with scything talons and extended carapce -- the warrior with the scything talons and rending claws is an exceptional size mutant.
    128pts
    These could be better. Personally i don't like shooty warriors at all, but that's just me. However, you should change the scything talons to rending claws as basic close combat armament for all warriors, not vice versa as it is now. Drop that exceptional size upgrade, especially on a warrior which is tooled for close combat it is a waste of points. If you want to keep it (i wouldn't recommend that though), then use it on that venom cannon warrior.

24 Hormagaunts -- 1 w/ hive node -- 250pts
    These are fine.

24 Termagants -- 1 w/ hive node -- 178pts
    These are crap. Termagaunts are the most useless thing in the whole nid codex. Use scythegaunts instead of these. Ranged weapons are wasted on gaunts, and better go for quantity instead of quality concerning gaunts. Even if you want to keep a ranged weapon, then use spinegaunts. Scythegaunts (6pts each) are superior though.

12 Genestealers -- no upgrades -- 192pts
    These are ok.

2 Biovores each armed with bioacid mines -- 112pts
    Bio Acid is IMHO too unreliable, i'd prefer poison mines. These still have a decent AP, they can wound anything and they will hit more models since they don't use that random flame template. Usually they're similar effective against marines than acid mines are, but more effective against other things. They also are a serious threat to open topped vehicles, while i wouldn't rely on acid mine's armour penetration.

Old one eye -- 164pts
    OOE is fine.

I doubt that your opponent will tolerate 20 pts over the points limit, that's a lot.

jwu

Closed Thread