what army needs nerfing? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what army needs nerfing?

hey i was wondering what armies need to be nerfed in ur opinions. e.g. daemon bomb, drop pod armies, etc.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well khorne/slaanesh daemon-bomb bikers can be annoying, i dont think any army as a whole needs a nerf.

But i do get a rather irksome feeling when playing a min maxed iron warrior list, of course once i do make it to his lines my remains can usually take the 15 marines he has on the board and the handful of ordance spewing tanks.

Also get a dirty feeling from a guided bladestorm on a doomed unit, maybe tone that down a little but is a lot of fun.

Like i said early on, i dont think any army as a whole needs a nerf, and im glad about it. And once they nerf one army because of player's demands it opens a 'world of Warcraft's box' type of thing where an eternal system of monthly nerfs and buffs is almost mandatory and it seems impossible to find a balance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    170 (x5)

There's really no army that needs an outright nerfing. There are just little tweaks here and there that would be helpful in maintaining balance.

The only list I can think of that is outright unbalanced is the Iron Warriors. Other than tat, though, all of the super-powerful combinations have some inherent element of risk and/or counter-tactics that can make the army fall apart in a hurry.

WHFB: Dwarfs || WH40k: Imperial Fists, Necrons || WM/H: Trollbloods || BFG: Necrons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x4)

How about the space wolfs scouts that have a 100% chance of destroying tanks with a metla gun coming in from your deployment zone. Or a blood angel force maxing out on scouts in order to feed there death company. Maybe you should not a able to take 9 speeders with assault cannons? Maybe half normal and half assault?
    "Hey sarge, this lasgun is heavy. I wish we had something lighter."

FF7: ABOUT RANDOM BATTLES

Dawn Under Heaven Triumph Of Man's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    -170 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by KOS-MOS View Post
    How about the space wolfs scouts that have a 100% chance of destroying tanks with a metla gun coming in from your deployment zone.
    A gross exaggeration. For starters that meltagun has a 33% chance of missing. Also you *can* protect that tank in question by deploying men near the board edge to prevent the scouts from moving on too close to the tank. Or you could use your first turn to get the tank clear.

Or you could just cut your losses and focus on breaking something of his.

Or a blood angel force maxing out on scouts in order to feed there death company.
    Has already been changed I believe. Sadly messing up a tonne of fluff along the way.

----------------------

In the entire game, and I do mean the entire game there are only two things I wish to see downgraded.

1)Skyleap

2)Siren

That's it, everything else I feel the large majority of army types have a fair chance of fighting against. Sure somethings are harder to beat than others for certain armies, but that's just the way life is. I don't feel anything else is supremely unbalanced.

Karmoon
    ... only triumph could turn pooing his pants into a good thing..

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

How about the space wolfs scouts that have a 100% chance of destroying tanks with a metla gun coming in from your deployment zone.
    Oh, I didn't know they had an auto hit auto petetrate rule, that's why silly me has kept the Courscating Warpflames...
    I think the SW-scouts are a really cool Elite Unit that kind of dictates some of the terms the game against them is being played on. Maybe not keep the tanks within their range?
    Have supporting units blocking their way?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x4)

Well maybe not 100%, lets say 99%.......:shifty:

Well its just that theres no risk with using space wolf scouts and there should be the same risk as a deep striking squad of tank hunters. You risk losing your squad in the hopes of taking out a important target so its fair that way but with wolf squads there is no risk in getting them on the bored.

I think hammerheads could lose there decoy launchers as they all ready only get glancing hits and can fire on the move. Elder tanks can be very hard to take down as well....there elder but the hammerhead already has a lot going for it without being almost imposable to shoot down in the hands of a good general.
    "Hey sarge, this lasgun is heavy. I wish we had something lighter."

FF7: ABOUT RANDOM BATTLES

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x7)

Needs nerfing for game balance or to keep fluff working properly but would still be great game balance? I'm assuming the former

Blessed hulls need to go, that goes for armoured companies and black templars, the monolith can keep it's living metal...

Tone down daemon bombs... Specifically the slaanesh one where they take enough powers to be assured of getting Siren and hence being unstoppable aside from bludgeoning the daemonettes to death in combat.
    Tone down assault cannons, esspecially on land speeders... speaking of which, why the heck are they *fast* skimmers? There is no way they should be according to the fluff about technology and all that, they put vypers to shame! Making tornadoes non fast skimmers could fix the whole AC issue.

Armored Companies... Only fix I can see is people being allowed to change their list when playing against them. Unkillable falcons are pretty nasty but do they really need toning down?

Oh triumph, don't worry about skyleap, that RAW reading which unbalances them will be gone whenever the first FAQ comes out for sure I hypothesise. Besides, The template never does that much damage to most armies anyway, it's just denying VP's which eldar can do pretty well anyway.

You know... Basically what I want to see really involves none of these things. None of these changes need to be made. All they have to do is fix the gorram force organisation chart! Make it like it is in WHFB, it grows as the games get larger but you can't have maxed out uber units until the stage where it won't even matter because the points level is so high that you've balanced it out with troops.

1000 and below

1-2 HQ
    2+ troops
    0-1 elites
    0-2 fast
    0-1 heavy

1001-1500

1-2 HQ
    3+ troops
    0-2 elites
    0-2 fast
    0-2 heavy.

1501-2000
    1-3 HQ
    3+ troops
    0-3 elites
    0-3 fast
    0-3 heavy

2000-2500
    1-4 HQ
    4+ troops
    .... etc... etc.... you get the picture...

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by KOS-MOS View Post
    I think hammerheads could lose there decoy launchers as they all ready only get glancing hits and can fire on the move. Elder tanks can be very hard to take down as well....there elder but the hammerhead already has a lot going for it without being almost imposable to shoot down in the hands of a good general.
    whoe! eldar tanks are much more surviable then tau tanks. i play tau and decoy launchers arnt nearlly as effective as all the eldar upgrades. plus the eldar have something very much the same decoy launchers. finnaly, i know of no other tank that can take 30 str 5 shots into its rear armour and suffer NO DAMAGE!
    Never give up. Never give up. HIT, HIT, HIT, HIT!

Semper Paratus

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x3)

Actually it's not so much nerfs as I would like to see some army types get a buff. Like non speed freakish orc lists.

Also I think MEQs have always been the predominant army type from newbs to tournaments(where they usually make up most of the top ten). But I think that's deliberate on GWs part.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. May 7th, 2007, 22:49
  2. May 7th, 2007, 22:49